Unpopular Opinions

Santiago.

About Belgian vs Brazilians, I dont think there is any kind of rivalry. I think it took too long before Chelsea realized that Brazil is the real deal, in terms of football. Chelsea only got a UCL with brazilian flavor in the squad. Ramires goal against Barcelona was a typical brazilian goal. Brazilian skills are needed in tough times, and Chelsea lacked it in previous competitions.

Belgian has some quality players. Hazard is a really great player, but belgian fans are overrating Lukaku and specially Kevin De Bruyne. They are good players tough. Belgians fans are angry, because Chelsea will have 4 brazilian players in the starting XI, against 1 from Belgian (Hazard). But if they support Chelsea, they must be happy, because no other team had more brazilian players before, it means that this Chelsea is probably going to be the best PL team ever.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About Belgian vs Brazilians, I dont think there is any kind of rivalry. I think it took too long before Chelsea realized that Brazil is the real deal, in terms of football. Chelsea only got a UCL with brazilian flavor in the squad. Ramires goal against Barcelona was a typical brazilian goal. Brazilian skills are needed in tough times, and Chelsea lacked it in previous competitions.

Belgian has some quality players. Hazard is a really great player, but belgian fans are overrating Lukaku and specially Kevin De Bruyne. They are good players tough. Belgians fans are angry, because Chelsea will have 4 brazilian players in the starting XI, against 1 from Belgian (Hazard). But if they support Chelsea, they must be happy, because no other team had more brazilian players before, it means that this Chelsea is probably going to be the best PL team ever.

:doh:

to be honest, my point here was just to say never underestimate a Brazilian football player or our NT... everything else I really have no idea where came from.

I don't think there's a competition between Brazil and Belgium - not at Chelsea, nor TC nor the World Cup, I just wanted to stress Oscar starting over Mata and de Bruyne isn't something crazy (the same way is completely normal for Mata start over him, and Kevin over Willian)

When Mata is fit maybe Mourinho starts him over Oscar, or maybe Kevin will start over Willian. Who knows? But it isn't crazy - albeit it could be unpopular- if Oscar and now Willian start more matches than Mata and de Bruyne.

Bottom line, we're way too good in the AM. Endless possibilities, most of which have me coming undone.

• 2 weeks later...

After that Everton match, we seriously need to think of buying a world class striker come January

We shouldn't buy a striker just for the sake of it, we need to make sure he's the right type of player, plus you can't really say after one game that that's what we need. Way too far fetched. Relax and let the season go by a little longer before you make a concrete opinion.

We shouldn't buy a striker just for the sake of it, we need to make sure he's the right type of player, plus you can't really say after one game that that's what we need. Way too far fetched. Relax and let the season go by a little longer before you make a concrete opinion.

You seriously think with our current strikers think we can be the force we want?

We need someone confident enough to score goals at a regular basis and reduce the burden to score goals on our midfielders. I'll be patient till January, after that its gonna be too lazy not to buy someone

You seriously think with our current strikers think we can be the force we want?

We need someone confident enough to score goals at a regular basis and reduce the burden to score goals on our midfielders. I'll be patient till January, after that its gonna be too lazy not to buy someone

Eto'o is that man. How many chances did he have yesterday? On another day when he's clinical and sharp enough he bags those. Just give him time to get sharp and you'll see the difference.

I know i might get called a idiot for this but, i think in the whole happiness surronding drogbas goal + penalty kick in the 2011/12 champions league final people have forgotten Cechs penalty save (and probably other stuff too)

Spot on.

Cech's the reason Drogba goal was a equalizer and not a mere consolation.

Cech's the reason Drogba was the hero and not the man who tossed away another Champions League final.

Cech's the reason Drogba is truly known as the man for big occasion and not the one who fucks up in Europe when we need him.

Cech's the reason we won the CL instead of being on the receiving end of probably the biggest thumping in the final for decades.

Spot on.

Cech's the reason Drogba goal was a equalizer and not a mere consolation.

Cech's the reason Drogba was the hero and not the man who tossed away another Champions League final.

Cech's the reason Drogba is truly known as the man for big occasion and not the one who fucks up in Europe when we need him.

Cech's the reason we won the CL instead of being on the receiving end of probably the biggest thumping in the final for decades.

They both accomplished that mission, neither could do it on his own.

I think Luis Suarez is the most overrated forward in the world. I bet if he was at any other team he wouldn't perform to World Class standard.

Match of the day makes him look like Messi because it only shows his good parts rather than him losing the ball all the time. Liverpool allow him all that freedom to do stuff at his own will.

If he went to somewhere like Madrid where he would have pressure and a spot he would have to fight for he wouldn't be anywhere near as good as many people make out to be. In my opinion he isn't even in the top 20 of best players in the world.

Where have i been when there is a thread like this?

I secretly love watching dortmund play, watch almost all their games for 3 years now and think kloop is the most entertaining manager in the world

Dont kill me :ph34r:

While your here then, what do you make of Felipe Santana? From what i saw he was good cover for Subotic and Hummels and offered pace which those two don't, but when i ask people about him i get a mixed response.

Was it a mistake on their part to sell him and could he be a nuisance when we play Schalke?

While your here then, what do you make of Felipe Santana? From what i saw he was good cover for Subotic and Hummels and offered pace which those two don't, but when i ask people about him i get a mixed response.

Was it a mistake on their part to sell him and could he be a nuisance when we play Schalke?

He never really established himself, he was just a good cover but failed to form any good CB partnership with anyone.

Sokratis replaced him and sokratis was one of the best defenders in the bundesliga last season so he is a massive improvement on santana.

I think Luis Suarez is the most overrated forward in the world. I bet if he was at any other team he wouldn't perform to World Class standard.

Match of the day makes him look like Messi because it only shows his good parts rather than him losing the ball all the time. Liverpool allow him all that freedom to do stuff at his own will.

If he went to somewhere like Madrid where he would have pressure and a spot he would have to fight for he wouldn't be anywhere near as good as many people make out to be. In my opinion he isn't even in the top 20 of best players in the world.

Finally someone that shares my opinion