Unpopular Opinions

Santiago.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Degea is the worst goalie in PL, people need to open their eyes and look at the stats how many goals he conceded.

I don't think so. He makes mistakes, but he is probably the goalie with the best reflexes in the league. Jaaskelainen, Guzan, Szesney are worse, not mentioning the no.2s

That Degea is the worst goalie in PL, people need to open their eyes and look at the stats how many goals he conceded.

I'm not saying De Gea is immune to mistakes..but the most important thing for a young keeper is confidence and developing an understanding with your defenders.

And so far this season...De Gea has had to work with a constantly changing back four (due to injuries/fitness concerns)...

Joe Hart is finally getting there.

I hate to see that cuz is support England for the WC.

Also Ruddy is not quite up to standard.

English goalies suck. :( (atleast the one's they have now)

English RB's. Wingers and Strikers also suck!

I'm not saying De Gea is immune to mistakes..but the most important thing for a young keeper is confidence and developing an understanding with your defenders.

And so far this season...De Gea has had to work with a constantly changing back four (due to injuries/fitness concerns)...

Whatever you say :carlo: I thought this thread was for just stating things you think that are against the norm, i do that, and funnily enough someone jumps in and disagrees, lol,

Degea is horrendous, nothing to do with age, or experience or anything, whoever told him he was a goalie. If that is what he lacks he sure as hell should not be the first goalie for Utd. It's embarrassing, ah well better for us, keep them flying in David.

End of discussion, i dont wish to talk about it again....so boring :doh:

Spot on.

Cech's the reason Drogba goal was a equalizer and not a mere consolation.

Cech's the reason Drogba was the hero and not the man who tossed away another Champions League final.

Cech's the reason Drogba is truly known as the man for big occasion and not the one who fucks up in Europe when we need him.

Cech's the reason we won the CL instead of being on the receiving end of probably the biggest thumping in the final for decades.

All your points are true, but:

None of them would be true if it weren't for Drogba's header.

Fraser Forster is amazing. Joe Hart has made one mistake. Nothing to worry about. There were worse times for England.

Also England has always had good CBs and LBs.

England always had the talent but not the right system to develop them. Youth League? Just play the second teams in the normal fuckin league system.

When Germany's national team was in such a detrimental situation like England's has been for years, the DFB changed things. They built decent football pitches all over the country, enhanced the standards for coaches, introduced a 3rd pro league, threw out all those old retarded dumbasses, recruited some decent coaches in the NT.

You can't blame it on the players. Engalnd usually had enough talent. 2006 England came to the WC with the 2 of the 3 best players in the world + a worldlass back four. but Sven could not merge that talent to a team Similar in 2010. Lampard and Rooney had been scoring for fun that year. Playing 60+ matche sper season has never helped either.

Thing is, in a football mad country there are always enough guys with talent and the right attitude, but they need faith, motivation, regular playing time on a competitive level and the necessary kick in the ass at times. But those U21 leagues just don't provide that. With a bit of luck all those talents like Morrison, McEachran, Chalobah etc can make it. When I have seen Schweinsteiger starting to play on regularly in 2004, I thought he was the worst midfielder ever. But he had the confidence to fail again and again till he made it, cos they had patience in him. In England young players are seldom given that sort of faith.

the money that is spread all over the EPL is rather invested in foreign talent than in own youth development. Many people think that is the reason why English talent does not break through, but IMO the problem lies deeper. Without the right support, talents develop slower. Player from England and Spain, even though coming from worse leagues often develop faster cos the inferior quality of the leagues allows them to take more responsibility and play more. The step from U21 to EPL is just a lot bigger than from 3rd Bundesliga to 1st BuLi or from Segunda to Primera divison.

This opinion probably well an truly belongs here, i don't think Baines is that good.

He may be decent going forward and has good link up play and understanding with Piennar, but defensively he isn't all that, infact when we play Everton i see him as the weak link defensively, look at what Bellamy did to him at Cardiff.

In terms of actual defending i would rate Cole, Gibbs and Bertrand all ahead of him. If Everton sell him for any more than £10m they have committed the heist of the decade.

I can see Blaszcykowski having an absolute field day on Tuesday.