Unpopular Opinions

Santiago.

This opinion probably well an truly belongs here, i don't think Baines is that good.

He may be decent going forward and has good link up play and understanding with Piennar, but defensively he isn't all that, infact when we play Everton i see him as the weak link defensively, look at what Bellamy did to him at Cardiff.

In terms of actual defending i would rate Cole, Gibbs and Bertrand all ahead of him. If Everton sell him for any more than £10m they have committed the heist of the decade.

I can see Blaszcykowski having an absolute field day on Tuesday.

But damn, you have to admit Bainesy is one hell of an attacking FB. Easily the best attacking Left Back in the world.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way, Alaba, he is like a playmaker, he offers so much in the little time he has the ball.

I haven't seen too much of him outside of the Champions League, so I can't really comment. A side affect of living in Australia with limited coverage outside of the A-League and EPL. Our coverage of the EPL is probably better than England's, haha. I could get some Bundesliga and Eredivise matches but at the cost of AUD$30 p/month...and that is incredibly expensive.

Baines is still a good deal better than Alaba. His passing and crossing is far superior and he also has the more reliable defensive qualites. Alaba often lets the winger run away from him, which is also why Schürrle had so much joy against him in the Super cup. Alaba is amazing, but Baines is the best LB in the world.

Baines is still a good deal better than Alaba. His passing and crossing is far superior and he also has the more reliable defensive qualites. Alaba often lets the winger run away from him, which is also why Schürrle had so much joy against him in the Super cup. Alaba is amazing, but Baines is the best LB in the world.

He said best attacking left back in the world, we aren't talking about defending, we are talking about attacking wise. Alaba doesn't lose the ball when he's a left back, he's one of the most exciting ones I've ever seen. It was a great decision from Bayern to put him there as he was supposed to be a centre attacking midfielder. When he gets experience he's going to get better defensively, but attacking wise he is brilliant, his play with Ribery is always spectacular, his first touches and connection, always a pleasure to watch.

• 1 year later...

Oscar can become the best no 10 in the world.

Yes, I honestly believe he can. If he can nail down his consistency he's 60% there already. And if he goes into a Hazard like development curve like Mou reckons he will then I reckon he will be one of the best.

Kevin De Bruyne Oscar can become the best no 10 in the world.

Yes, I honestly believe he can. If he can nail down his consistency he's 60% there already. And if he goes into a Hazard like development curve like Mou reckons he will then I reckon he will be one of the best.