Unpopular Opinions

Santiago.

The young Chelsea midfield is gonna be raped by Yaya and Paulinho of City..

good thing we only play them a handful times during the season: two in EPL and the eventual cross in other competitions...

I don't think we will be raped because I think City will take time to adapt with so many changes, and that's my unpopular opinion.

Everyone seems to think City will destroy the league - maybe they will, but imo it'll take longer than this season already.

If I could I would frame this post and like it 1000000 times:

This silly season is as bad as the last one.

Last year we had people just cluttering the place up with utterly pointless bullshit.

This year there are several members who think the sun shines our of their arses. Best thing since sliced bread; that sort of thing. Drives me absolutely insane.

[/rant over]

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rooney or bust is pure shite from Mourinho....We need a strong CDM

I think it's José simply trying to woo Rooney. If he was to say "I want to sign Rooney but I also want to sign four others", it makes it seems like ordinary, everyday business. By contrast, saying Rooney is his only transfer target makes it look like Wazza is some sort of messiah to Mourinho.

I don't genuinely believe for one minute that José is only after one player.

Rooney or bust is pure shite from Mourinho....We need a strong CDM

I think it's José simply trying to woo Rooney. If he was to say "I want to sign Rooney but I also want to sign four others", it makes it seems like ordinary, everyday business. By contrast, saying Rooney is his only transfer target makes it look like Wazza is some sort of messiah to Mourinho.

I don't genuinely believe for one minute that José is only after one player.

And the media will just keep throwing player or linking all kind of player to Chelsea

I don't know whether it is actually an unpopular opinion, but into my eyes, the 'World-Class' label has become a meaningless label nowadays.

Indeed, I do believe it has lost his essence. I get the feeling that any players above average who can score goals and/or do some tricks is labeled as a World-class player. To my mind, this term is to distinguish the truly great players from the very good ones. Messi is a World-Class player. Cristiano Ronaldo is. Iniesta is. Drogba was a World-Class player. Zidane was. Lampard was. Xavi was. Henry was. I mean, a World-Class player is a player who will stay in collective memories simply because thanks to his sheer quality he is a level above from the vast majority, because he has delivered consistently and this during many years and because he has actually achieved things.

Xavi will come down memory lane as probably the best spanish midfielders and a midfield master. Iniesta, beside being famous for his ghost-white skin, will also come down as one of the best playmaker / attacking midfield in the world. These two players where part of what is arguably the best midfield in Football History. Drogba will be remembered as a striker who was unplayable on his days ; as the epitome of what is playing with his back to goal ; as the guy who led an average Chelsea to CL glory. Et cetera et cetera... The list is long.

When I do see players such as Suarez and Gareth Bale mentioned in the same breath as the aforementioned players, I cannot help myself but feel voiceless... To this day, they aren't even worth to lace these players' boots... I mean, what did they achieved ?

The bottom line is that I believe that the term "World-Class" should be reserved to the cream of the crop. I know we cannot all have the same vocabulary... Though using the same term to label players such as Ronaldo and Messi and players such as Suarez and Bale is wrong.

I don't know whether it is actually an unpopular opinion, but into my eyes, the 'World-Class' label has become a meaningless label nowadays.

Indeed, I do believe it has lost his essence. I get the feeling that any players above average who can score goals and/or do some tricks is labeled as a World-class player. To my mind, this term is to distinguish the truly great players from the very good ones. Messi is a World-Class player. Cristiano Ronaldo is. Iniesta is. Drogba was a World-Class player. Zidane was. Lampard was. Xavi was. Henry was. I mean, a World-Class player is a player who will stay in collective memories simply because thanks to his sheer quality he is a level above from the vast majority, because he has delivered consistently and this during many years and because he has actually achieved things.

I'd put the likes of Zidane even over the players you mentioned. But that'd be the crème de la crème then, the ultimate crop of legendary players which only a few would belong to.

Wow ! why? Surely not because of Oscar? :Goober:

Not Oscar, because he is already in the team! ;)

But I think Mourinho wll prefer the flexibility and work-rate of Hazard-Oscar-KDB than having Mata on the team...