Unpopular Opinions

Santiago.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More of an popular prediction: Arsenal will finish above Manu next season.

fyp.

Obviously depends on your standpoint. Seeing man u fail miserably would be pretty funny. Yet seeing arsenal fail miserably would be standard.

If they get Suarez then sure and United sell Rooney.... ;)

fyp.

Obviously depends on your standpoint. Seeing man u fail miserably would be pretty funny. Yet seeing arsenal fail miserably would be standard.

I just think that with Rooney's imminent departure, united will struggle in the attack unless RVP somehow manages to do for them what he did for Arsenal in 11-12 which I find very unlikely.

I just think that with Rooney's imminent departure, united will struggle in the attack unless RVP somehow manages to do for them what he did for Arsenal in 11-12 which I find very unlikely.

Yeah i am happy for Arsenal and United to come 5th and 6th.

I'd rather spurs finish out ouf the top four every year than United or gooners.

It appears United are content to let Rooney ride out his contract and then just not give him an extension.

It appears United are content to let Rooney ride out his contract and then just not give him an extension.

I can't imagine he'd want to stay after Moyes' comments and I can't imagine utd would want to keep an unhappy player at the club for 2 whole seasons, especially if that player is on 240k/wk; they simply can't afford to.

I can't imagine he'd want to stay after Moyes' comments and I can't imagine utd would want to keep an unhappy player at the club for 2 whole seasons, especially if that player is on 240k/wk; they simply can't afford to.

I'm hoping you're right. Let's hope Rooney's resolve to get out is higher than United's resolve to keep him. Also I'm reading that they just put in a £35m bid for Fabregas. Hopefully if that goes through they'll be pressed harder to sell Rooney.

I'm hoping you're right. Let's hope Rooney's resolve to get out is higher than United's resolve to keep him. Also I'm reading that they just put in a £35m bid for Fabregas. Hopefully if that goes through they'll be pressed harder to sell Rooney.

Yep. Hopefully the 35m they're offering for Fabregas means that they have already decided to sell Rooney and use the money for that deal. Utd without Rooney is a weaker team, which is obviously excellent news from a Chelsea perspective even if he does not end up here.

Women's football is just wrong. The rules are not adequat and the hype around women's football articificially created by the media and the subsidies they get for it is bad for women in general.

There are sports men shouldn't do and don't do. Just like gymnastics on a balance bearn or roller derby. And there are sports women should not do. Those include all sports that are based on those aspects of brain and body where women are just inferior to men. One of those is football. Women are smaller, slower, have less jumping ability, are less agile, can not kick a ball as accurate or as hard as men. As a result of that in womens football there are on average less goals, cos women tend to hit the target less often with their shots (even though the abyss between top women football teams and the worst is much wider), there are mor throw-ins cos women tend to inadvertedly hoof the ball out of play more often, more goal-kicks, cos women miss the goal more often, more turnovers even though there are less tackles, cos women tend to lose the ball more often due to unforced errors, they run and pass less while needing more time for that. Womens football is like playing fat kids. So it is like youth-football. The difference is: kids play on smaller goals on smaller fields so their technical and physical deficiencies do not matter that much. As most women, kids are unable to reach well placed shots or unprecise passes, so they let them play on smaller goals on smaller fields so their technical and physical deficiencies do not matter that much and destroy the run of play. It's the exact same thing with women.

The problem is the rules are what makes football so attractive. Beach football or indoor football have different rules and are not remotedly as popular. So states like Germany and the US, who made it their national task to promote womens football did so by maintining the rules for women, hoping they would have the same effect as with mens football. In basketball or handball, it does not matter that much if the court is a few metres longer or shorter. I am not saying women should not play football just because they suck at it as i am not forbidding men to do balance bearn gymnastics. But there are differences between men and women. One should not limit any genders chances because of those but one also should not try to force people to overlook them. This is what feminism has done and look at how much it has disrupted and permanently damaged society.

This silly season is as bad as the last one.

Last year we had people just cluttering the place up with utterly pointless bullshit.

This year there are several members who think the sun shines our of their arses. Best thing since sliced bread; that sort of thing. Drives me absolutely insane.

[/rant over]