Chelsea v Sunderland

Jase

Rafa didn't buy any of the players for the Chelsea squad - he works with what he is given. Hopefully, when he gets a new 5 year contract he will recommend that the club get rid of the deadwood and bring in two more genuine strikers, a genuine winger, a replacement for Terry and a hard tackling dynamic midfielder. Then he will drill the squad in zonal marking and alternative attacking formations that will make better use of the skills of a Torres or Ba.

Ok sure. So the performances is all because of squad deadwood and has nothing to do with Rafa? I feel you ignore the psychological/motivational aspect here. He might be a good manager but I do not see him succeeding here. If a leader has no followers - its game over - in companies and also in football teams.

Also, an adaptation of 5 new key players to make Chelsea a good tactical fit for Rafa is putting the carriage before the horse imo. I am not a hater, but i fail to see the logic. The only way this sounds rational is if you - ive seen you post really sensible stuff as well - are foremost a Rafa fan instead of a Chelsea fan. Which is ok for me, just don't call others with a heart for the blue haters because of it, please.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Fletcher out for the season? Just have Sessignon(sp?) to worry about and Johnson...

Should be a 3-0 victory - we need an early goal to crush their spirit, followed by another at half time, then just after restart...

Then rest a few players :)

I love coulda, woulda, shoulda scenarios :)

But - we CAN and WILL win this :)

Despite Torres's good performance yesterday, definitely still want Ba to start here. Do not want to take the risk with Torres as he may end up playing rubbish again! We know what we'll get from Ba on Sunday and it's needed especially Sunderland are likely to react in a positive manner after PDC's appointment.

Not only that but Torres has to play in the return leg in Moscow because Ba is cup-tied. It will be Ba. It doesn't matter too much. We should win this game no matter the starting XI. My only worry is that if we win, Di Canio might try to deflect criticism of his management style by invading Poland.

I hate to be the pessimist here, but have we ever won three games on the trot under Benitez?

You're obviously suffering from a short term memory loss. :P

In all competitions:

6-1 win vs Nordsjaelland

3-1 win vs Sunderland

3-1 win vs Monterrey

5-1 win vs Leeds

8-0 win vs Villa

1-0 win vs Norwich

2-1 win vs Everton

4-1 win vs Wigan

1-0 win vs Sparta Prague

4-0 win vs Brentford

In the league:

3-1 win vs Sunderland

8-0 win vs Villa

1-0 win vs Norwich

2-1 win vs Everton

This is rather interesting(especially the 1st one)....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/05/chelsea-sunderland-squad-sheets

1. Paolo Di Canio will become the fifth manager (including caretakers) to start a Premier League job with a trip to Stamford Bridge – none of the previous four has managed to produce a win.

2. Fernando Torres has scored six top-flight goals against Sunderland, making them his joint favourite opponents along with West Ham.

You're obviously suffering from a short term memory loss. :P

In all competitions:

6-1 win vs Nordsjaelland

3-1 win vs Sunderland

3-1 win vs Monterrey

5-1 win vs Leeds

8-0 win vs Villa

1-0 win vs Norwich

2-1 win vs Everton

4-1 win vs Wigan

1-0 win vs Sparta Prague

4-0 win vs Brentford

In the league:

3-1 win vs Sunderland

8-0 win vs Villa

1-0 win vs Norwich

2-1 win vs Everton

This season has been so bad I can hardly remember half of our wins :(

IF Arsenal beat West Brom at the Hawthorns later, they will climb above us into 4th..for 24 hours at least. Need Agent Clarke to do his job!

Clarke is a CFC legend and Lukaku is the CFC future. Let's see if they have what it takes. They've broken plenty of decent teams, and Clarke's defense is usually solid.

Cech

Ferreira - Ivanovic - Luiz - Bertrand

Mikel

Ramires - Hazard

Mata

Ba - Torres

No chance. Ferreira is not going to start. We don't play with a diamond and it will be either Ba or Torres, not both, I am assuming Ba will start.

Clarke is a CFC legend and Lukaku is the CFC future. Let's see if they have what it takes. They've broken plenty of decent teams, and Clarke's defense is usually solid.

One problem though. West Brom have been in a bit of a free fall lately. Safe from relegation and nothing else to fight for, including a EL spot.