Footballers are people too!

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

Never forget that.

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8598912/Cabaye-Battled-Depression-Earlier-In-The-Season...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-cabaye-reveals-battle-depression-130630834.html

The 2010–11 Championnat winner joined Newcastle in the summer of 2011 and had a superb opening season in the Premier League, driving Newcastle to the cusp of Champions League qualification.

However, the lack of a winter break coupled with a first appearance at a major international tournament for France weighed heavy on the midfielder.

"Depression? I am not afraid to say that. It was that," he told L'Equipe.

He is such a cracking player too.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are people (I had to change this word from a slightly less polite one) who think earning thousands of pounds a week inoculates one against mental issues. It's encouraging to see players being more open about it and hopefully that will lead to clubs and associations being able to treat and prevent it in future.

Cabaye has gone up in my estimation.

There are people (I had to change this word from a slightly less polite one) who think earning thousands of pounds a week inoculates one against mental issues. It's encouraging to see players being more open about it and hopefully that will lead to clubs and associations being able to treat and prevent it in future.

Cabaye has gone up in my estimation.

I really wonder about Torres. I have been for a while actually.

I really wonder about Torres. I have been for a while actually.

You are a psychologist, no? I gathered that from small snippets at the pub. What do you really think about him? I see a man that's uncomfortable in his own skin, one that can't wait to get home and spend time with his close friends and family. He doesn't look all that happy, especially with himself.

You are a psychologist, no? I gathered that from small snippets at the pub. What do you really think about him? I see a man that's uncomfortable in his own skin, one that can't wait to get home and spend time with his close friends and family. He doesn't look all that happy, especially with himself.

All worth it when he sees that big fat paycheck every Friday...

He might be a high earning footballer but most of all we are human. You, me and Fernando. Act like one and stop showing us your bitter self.

Bitter self? I have zero sympathy for this man, none.

This man has been the source, the key root in our demise these past couple of seasons as well as the sacking of two brilliant.managers. Was Lampard moping when he was benched and showed a poor mentality of form? Did Drogba when he was replaced by Torres? No, they worked on their ability and proved themselves on the pitch which has justified their beautiful club recognition. Torres, instead, continues to provide the weakest mentality football history has ever witnessed and it has been more than clear that he himself must fix this problem if he is to save his career, and it is most certainly not going to happen here. What he has done to this club has cost us drastic demise, not to mention his openly stated comments that he didn't care whether we won or lost when true professionals IE Lamps and Drogs try to improve their ability when some of their other attributes are diminished.

He is the sole reason to his mental block of form, one of the likes I've never seen. While this man is getting paid millions to be shit, literally leeching from this club, we continue to support him in the highest amount on the pitch, when it is truly unjustified. Just the thought of his old self returning still brings fans to adore him, when in reality, he's long gone.

He needs to leave not for the better of this club, but for himself as I truly hope for the best when he does depart.

So Tell me, AM I FUCKING BITTER?

You hate it? It makes you upset? :rolleyes:

I'm speaking of Torres. See post above

Dont care if you are speaking of Torres or someone else. When people justify saying bad stuff about someone with the fact that they are rich and/or famous is just annoying. In my opinion Torres can fuck off from the club, not because he makes a lot of money but because he does nothing for the club at all.

Dont care if you are speaking of Torres or someone else. When people justify saying bad stuff about someone with the fact that they are rich and/or famous is just annoying. In my opinion Torres can fuck off from the club, not because he makes a lot of money but because he does nothing for the club at all.

Hence me saying see my clarified statement/post on it.

Hm. Still making my mind up about whether I want to comment on this or not. I guess I will.

Being foreign, something might have been lost in translation or perhaps he misspoke due to not fully grasping the English language yet, but surely it wasn't proper depression? As anyone who's had or does have depression will attest to, depression is very complex and it's rare that you only have it for such a short time like Cabaye claims.

I know plenty of people just throw the word around in such contexts as: "Argh, so much homework to do, I'm literally depressed :(" (these are usually 15 year old girls on Twitter) and the likes, so perhaps & even hopefully that's the sort of thing he meant.

Bitter self? I have zero sympathy for this man, none.

This man has been the source, the key root in our demise these past couple of seasons as well as the sacking of two brilliant.managers. Was Lampard moping when he was benched and showed a poor mentality of form? Did Drogba when he was replaced by Torres? No, they worked on their ability and proved themselves on the pitch which has justified their beautiful club recognition. Torres, instead, continues to provide the weakest mentality football history has ever witnessed and it has been more than clear that he himself can fix this problem if he is to save his career, and it is most certainly not going to happen here. What he has done to this club has cost us server demise, not to mention his openly stated comments that he didn't care whether we won or lost when true professionals IE Lamps and Drogs try to improve their ability when some of their other attributes are diminished.

He is the sole reason to his mental block of form, one of the likes I've seen. While this man is getting paid millions to be shit, literally leeching out from this club. we continue to support him in the highest amount on the pitch, when it is truly unjustified. Just the thought of his old self returning still brings fans to adore him, when in reality, he's long gone.

He needs to leave not for the better of this club, but for himself as I truly hope for the best when he does depart.

So Tell me, AM I FUCKING BITTER?

Personally i disagreed with your first statement, but you made a good point here, you are right