Footballers are people too!

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

I had a buddy in grade school who took his life after the passing of his mother and staying with a dead beat drunk living on welfare. My GF's mother is living with Alzheimer's and works two jobs to care for her and her brothers. I had to fucking testify for my aunt that my uncle did intact hit her while my mother and I had to move out of our house due to foreclosure. Please don't regard me as arrogant as I've suffered

See? You have no idea what depression is. It is an illness, a chemical imbalance in the brain. It's not someone just whining about his life or being a cry baby. It's not a decision, or an attitude. Depression is probably one of the most misunderstood illnesses, yes it is an illness, in the world.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me be more serious ... Because of this comment I respect and understand you more. I mean it when I say your posts tell a lot about you. And it is meant positive.

It is not necessary to project hate to more fortunate ones. It is natural but uncalled or. It is not our own doing to be in a context of misfortune nor is it to be born gifted or hyped because of it.

If ever we could smoke a peace pipe on here .... I would welcome it, Santiago.

Ps: do NOT think this a comment made out of weakness.

No probz. If I were to have a group jerk with anyone, u, romper, top drog, and peace would definitely be in it

What?

For starters, not everyone believes in God, so there is no point in bringing it up. People have the right to believe in whatever they want to, it doesnt make them 'bad' or anything.

Second, there are literally inumerous reasons why some people might have no friends. I could spend the whole fucking day writing tons of arguments about it. All I will say is that it is really stupid for you to say one has to be poor and idiot to have no friends.

Lastly, you cant say you will never ever be depressed, how do you know?

First, I never said that poor people might have no friends, I said "poor people who have no friends" might be depressed.

Secondly, who dont belive in god surely belive in something else, and if he belive in nothing, that he has to learn.More knowledge-less depression.

Finally, I wont be depressed because I can handle with poverty and shit, what I fear is war.War is terrible bro, terrible.Look Algeria in 1990's.

No probz. If I were to have a group jerk with anyone, u, romper, top drog, and peace would definitely be in it

I wouldnt or you wouldnt (I dont really know how to answer).

I wont be playing the "we will be good friends" thing. I dont like you, you dont like me and that aint gonna change!

We better off the way we are, not quoting each other and ignoring one another...

First, I never said that poor people might have no friends, I said "poor people who have no friends" might be depressed.

Secondly, who dont belive in god surely belive in something else, and if he belive in nothing, that he has to learn.More knowledge-less depression.

Finally, I wont be depressed because I can handle with poverty and shit, what I fear is war.War is terrible bro, terrible.Look Algeria in 1990's.

WTF?

The whole point was you saying people wouldnt log in into a football forum to post about random stuff nor share their feelings. If they did that, it would mean they have no God, friends nor familiy. Right?

Then, I replied saying that if someone is depressed, isnt this (no friends, familiy, etc) the exact situation one would be in?

You completely misunderstood my point.

well this is interesting. continue please :Goober: or just take a look at the posts you guys have put up and just agree to disagree? everyone has an opinion.

Anyway on depression and footballers in general, I don't know if anyone remembers the thread I started about a young Swede who played for Inter Milans youth teams and how he suffered with depression, its more common in sport than you'd think actually, you wouldn't think some athletes could be depressed (well not that they are immune to being depressed but you know what I mean) due to the fact they live an amazing life in regular folks eyes (doing what they have probably always wanted to do, big money etc) but still its a very sensitive matter. I think as years go on clubs should be able to help players deal with it better than what they do now, in fact not just football players I think the help for people suffering from depression will increase due to the fact its seen as a more high profile illness compared to what it was 15-25 years ago.

WTF?

The whole point was you saying people wouldnt log in into a football forum to post about random stuff nor share their feelings. If they did that, it would mean they have no God, friends nor familiy. Right?

Then, I replied saying that if someone is depressed, isnt this (no friends, familiy, etc) the exact situation one would be in?

You completely misunderstood my point.

Lets just answer the question, no, for me, someone can be depressed and still has family & friends, I may contradict my self in this point,I had to think more before to answer you, I'm sorry.I perfectly understood you point, I dont talk often about issues like that.

See? You have no idea what depression is. It is an illness, a chemical imbalance in the brain. It's not someone just whining about his life or being a cry baby. It's not a decision, or an attitude. Depression is probably one of the most misunderstood illnesses, yes it is an illness, in the world.

What happened to me changed the course of my life and shaped me who I am today. It may not how you define depression or the actual scientific turn but at times I hand to god cried myself to sleep at times and questioned actually continuing on in life. As years passed I grew out of it and I am thankful for my life and thankful that I'm not the one truly suffering like millions in foreign countries like ethiopia and middle east due to starvation, Holocaust, Taliban, extreme poverty, cancer, etc. problems they live with and can never escape.

I wouldnt or you wouldnt (I dont really know how to answer).

I wont be playing the "we will be good friends" thing. I dont like you, you dont like me and that aint gonna change!

We better off the way we are, not quoting each other and ignoring one another...

Yet you continue to respond :lol:

And that's a piss poor view in how to work with certain problems. Hopefully you don't carry on that view in other areas . Not to mention I'm not the one who bashed on you country...

I actually really respect and agree with your views on politics/ religion

Sometime, I laugh at people defending Torres because of this and because of that, buy a brain to yourself, yours is not working anymore.I also had a laugh when you compared Mata to Robben, a big one.If you want, I can illuminate you with my great knowledge about how Nando is shit, but i dont want to lose my precious time if you dont even consider my future contribution.

It's a delight to read how happy you're with yourself and how blessed we are to have you and your intolerant opinion on this board. Everyone here, around you in Algeria are ignorant, mentally incapable of doing anything. Though, in the end of the day, you're who you surround yourself with. If you surround yourself with smart people, chances are you are a smart person. Of course there are slight less fortunate options... ;)

It's a problem when people start self-diagnosing themselves with things. Which is what half of America does today...

Come on, you are a free country, people should be able to diagnose themselves. :Goober:

/sorry if the joke was too much.

Yet you continue to respond :lol:

I actually really respect and agree with your views on politics/ religion

LOOOL, it was only that time...

Thank you, I never said I dont respect you though.

It's a delight to read how happy you're with yourself and how blessed we are to have you and your intolerant opinion on this board. Everyone here, around you in Algeria are ignorant, mentally incapable of doing anything. Though, in the end of the day, you're who you surround yourself with. If you surround yourself with smart people, chances are you are a smart person. Of course there are slight less fortunate options... ;)

You are blessed to have me, I make this forum more alive.Anyway, it is only a way to make arrive my message in a funny way, nothing more.But, yes, lets say 70 % of Algerian people are dumb, because if they were not, we would be a dominant force in Africa and in a better position and everybody would have a better life.

"you're who you surround yourself with" is not true, I'm unique compared to my friends.Do you see, I just did it again :P

Ask English fans, where Lampard was for his country? Not Chelsea homers...

I'm surprised a Spaniard considers Lampard to have "vision," when in reality Chelsea was a long ball team for much of his time, with the rest of the teams in England (cept Arsenal and Man City now and hopefully with the three amigos now). Also, what exactly did Lamps do in the Champs League?

Also, missing an open net has nothing to do with not trying to improve in areas he needed improvement with...

Knowing you don't really support Chelsea, I can't really expect you to give a quality stament in regards to pass players in terms of ability. And I was correct...

I imploy you to seriously reconsider in your argument in how Lampard can't be regarded to ever have vision. Which is fucking ludacris. Him, Joe Cole set up countless through balls and accurate pin point passes to Drogba and Guddy. His vision was an absolute delight to watch and you should seriously consider watching him in his prime or fucking YouTube for that matter.

What he do in the final? Oh I don't know, maybe keep Swiensteiger in his pocket for 120 minutes, led the transition in a position not ideal for him, scored the penalty in a composed fashion when we needed it, and idk, captained our side as a true leader that he is and led us to victory?

Depression is an illness that is more common than most people think. In Austria, for example, about 17% of the whole population suffers from depression at some point of their life.

Reading some posts in here makes me shake my head, really. Absolutely disgusting what some people are posting.

Wow are some people on this forum genuinely stupid enough to think that footballers shouldn't be depressed because they earn a lot of money?

Clinical depression is an illness. Lots of people around the world no matter how rich they are suffer from it. I live in England and by standards here I am not rich or poor really. My mum for example has been taking tablets every day since she was 16 to correct hormone imbalances that have caused her to be depressed. She was born with those imbalances and couldn't help that.

Now tell me, should she not suffer from depression because she isn't living in poverty?