Footballers are people too!

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

Depression is for weak persons, I live in Algeria, I know what it is to live in a shitty place around idiot people , living in a city full of clueless, hypocrite and disgusting people, where its is almost impossible to work fairly and honeslty.But I'm not depressed, my family are not depressed of this shitty life.I cant understand how people, footballers, can.

Yeah it's their fault if they are born with hormonal imbalance isn't it? Probably the most stupid thing I have read on this forum this year.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow are some people on this forum genuinely stupid enough to think that footballers shouldn't be depressed because they earn a lot of money?

Clinical depression is an illness. Lots of people around the world no matter how rich they are suffer from it. I live in England and by standards here I am not rich or poor really. My mum for example has been taking tablets every day since she was 16 to correct hormone imbalances that have caused her to be depressed. She was born with those imbalances and couldn't help that.

Now tell me, should she not suffer from depression because she isn't living in poverty?

Many view it as a mental disorder rather than a disease

well done for admitting it. Lots of people wouldn't have the balls to do that. :clap:

Thanks brother, its not really a question of balls, we cant evolve as human if we dont make erroes and false judgement, in this case "depression" is not an issue that I talk about everyday, I dont know well the subject, so, I got it completely wrong and it was too late to 'edit'.

No, I still would have a god to pray, and if I have no Friends, thats mean I'm idiot, or, poor & idiot.Anyway, I never was depressed, and i'll never be, my sister was at some point of her life, so I had to explain her how lucky she is, now, she is better.Some people are depressed because of horrible things, I know that, I saw dead people, killed people, but i'm not depressed, other may.Depression is about a lot of things, we could have friends & family but still be depressed, Life is a bitch for some people, I have to admit that.

seriously.gif

Ignorance is strong in this thread :lol:

I find it a bit funny after Cabaye admitted he was feeling down because he was naturally tired after having his longest campaign to date with no break, being in a debut season in a tougher league in foreign surroundings and being away from his friends and family, that some people say he has no right to feel sad or depressed or whatever just because he has the money to.... I don't know, rub money on his body to take the tiredness away, eat it so not to miss his friends and family in Lille. Hell he could have done what every other rich person does and started drinking or drugging his humanly needs away.

Or maybe he could have looked at skinny or dead African kids on the internet or at post-holocaust mass graves, it would have made him feel great for being so privileged. Happy even. I can already imagine him looking at this stuff and smiling to himself.

All this guy needed was a break to catch some breath, get over it. Actually I forgot, we aren't talking about Cabaye are we? We're talking about Torres mostly, god knows why.

The people that believe that money equates to happiness can just fuck right off in my book. THIS TOPIC IS MAKING ME ANGRY.

Good on Blue Army for changing his opinion. That's a hard thing to do.

I never said that Money is hapiness, but I certainly want to be depressed with millions of euros in my bank account rather than nothing.

Football players are viewed as somewhat super humans and when someone shows traits of mental weakness he usually gets a lot of stick, especially from where I come from. I agree to a certain extent that footballers should have stronger mentality than the normal person, because of all the pressure they are exposed to coming from the media, supporters' expectations and ambitions and the general understanding that they should be always at their best. To me if a football player should come close to what I described he should find extra motivation not in the amount of money he gets paid in the end of the week but for what he represents. Many of them are role models to kids and younger fans all around the world, who view them as the perfect people, who aren't prone to the usual human weaknesses.

Now I don't know that much about depression as a medical term and I'm far from that understanding that the footballers have to be immuned to any mental issues, but they should find a way to deal with that better than the normal people because of their status, the people who count on them and most importantly for their own sake. It doesn't matter if you have all the talent in the world if there is something keeping you from showing it.