Is Jose the only one?

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And plays Ozil and Di Maria. They're hardly Huth-esque.

He also had Deco at Porto and Sneijder at Inter, as well as Robben, Duff, SWP and Cole here. He knows exactly what type of squad we have here and what we want to do, so it's unlikely he'll come in and tear everything up.

Half of our starting 11 will probably change. Probably winger, maybe both cms, Center forward, RB? and I don't think Mou would tolerate Luiz. Every team he's gone to, he has brought in players he wanted.

Assuming that Roman isn't about to launch into some long-term 5-year plan then I think it makes complete sense to bring Mourinho back in my opinion. Jose will undoubtedly deliver results, as he has done throughout his career, although I suppose a lot depends on the relationship he had with Roman previously and the full reasons behind his departure as to whether that is the route he wants to go down. I'd definitely love to see him back though.

He has spoken to alot of his players for a while...

So, what is your definition of cold?

Don Revie is a cold man, according to Brian Clough.

A cold man is the one showing no emotions in important part of a game, i would say Rafa Benitez is a cold man.

He's not the one for me.

Anyone who has followed Real Madrid even a single bit in his regime, would know how much of a mess he's leaving there. Not to mention, he's treatment with several important players were totally off and crossed the lines. Losing against possible relagation teams became a bit of the habit . Even if he did won the La liga but that was with the best Madrista XI. We don't have any Cristiano Ronaldo, Xabi, Ozil, Ramos etc in our ranks.

I'm not saying he won't succeed but it'd be more or less the same risk, that a different manager would face managing our team.

Won't you have followed Torres to his new team before he's hired? Do you need bus fare?

That's the best you can do? Mate, bringing Torres in this would not simply change the mess Jose created at Real Madrid. I'd be equally happy if he's hired here but looking to the possiblity of signing someone like Laudrup, who doesn't have that big of ego like mourinho possess, would be slightly better, atleast for the young squad we have.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

I'm really disappointed. I thought the article would give us an opnion about how the club can go on without the character of a messiah.

But in fac it was exactly the opposite.

If you are so disappointed perhaps you can write the article you desire so much yourself. Thanks.

That's the best you can do? Mate, bringing Torres in this would not simply change the mess Jose created at Real Madrid. I'd be equally happy if he's hired here but looking to the possiblity of signing someone like Laudrup, who doesn't have that big of ego like mourinho possess, would be slightly better, atleast for the young squad we have.

My only concern about bringing in a 'younger' manager is time. Would he survive in the job if the players go through a rough patch trying to adjust to his tactics?

I'd be happy to see Laudrup as long as he is guaranteed at least 2 seasons in the job.

He plays counter football. Everywhere. I like him a lot, he would improve us in defence, make Mikel, Rambo, Kdb, Hazard, Luiz world class, but this Chelsea team is suited for possession football, fast passing with keeping the ball. This aint Mou style. Unless he can do it like that, I dont see him as most proper manager right now.

Unfortunely, there are not many great options...

Moyes is good, but lacks experience with world class players, also with european competitions

Klopp is probably best option, but unavailable

Pellegrini is ok, but rather old

Laudrup is probably unavailable

I dont know...

The best managers are the ones that adapts according to the player he has. Anyone who says he will change the line up completely and ruin hazard, oscar, etc are just pulling stuff from nothing.

We need a coach who is unflushable (Jeff...), or at the very least difficult to flush. Otherwise, it may take a few more years for Roman to learn the trade and finally realize football is not kind to knee-jerk, short-term decisions.

A second-term Mourinho might just do the trick; his wages and contractual fees would make firing him simply a very bad deal.