Southampton 2-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Back down to 4th now, sitting 2 points behind Spurs and ONLY 2 ahead of Arsenal now. Two weeks ago, we were all feeling happy and positive that we can finish in the Top 4. Now, it's back to the worrying state again. AND all thanks to Benitez's idiotic rotation and prioritization of the FA Cup on Monday. We should be playing the strongest team here, get the 3 points and then think about Monday. Instead, we lost this game and lose on Monday and all hell will break loose once more. Benitez CLEARLY bothers about winning the trophies more than ensuring us finishing in the Top 4 because it boosts his CV. And heck, he probably wants to ensure we doesn't finish in there knowing Mourinho will only return if we are in the Champions League next season! :rant:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible result at a terrible time. I know we rested players but it still shoulda been a lot better than that shit. The Southampton games have killed us this season and now us qualifying for the UCL will depend on the Tottenham game i guess. Arsenal have easy games, you know what they're like, they will make the top 4, they always do. This result really hurts us and if we fail to qualify for the UCL, it could be the end of us, seriously. We're in a hell of a lot of trouble right now, it's a fucking mess. Gutted with this result, thoroughly outplayed by an average team. Another gutless performance i'm afraid.

How many fucking excuses am I going to read here ?

Today, there were good enough players sitting on the bench but weren´t used.

Wrong fucking line-up, that´s the bottom line here & not some stupid excuses posted here.

Terrible result at a terrible time. I know we rested players but it still shoulda been a lot better than that shit. The Southampton games have killed us this season and now us qualifying for the UCL will depend on the Tottenham game i guess. Arsenal have easy games, you know what they're like, they will make the top 4, they always do. This result really hurts us and if we fail to qualify for the UCL, it could be the end of us, seriously. We're in a hell of a lot of trouble right now, it's a fucking mess. Gutted with this result, thoroughly outplayed by an average team. Another gutless performance i'm afraid.

And to think we have Benitez who is supposed to get us out of these troubles...

Well done Southampton, we didn't deserve it simple as that, stop bitching about Rafa he will be gone at the end of the season. We was out classed today pure and simple

we were outclassed because of the stupid line up, hence the bitching. Its warranted when a manager does not prioritize what the club needs.

Back down to 4th now, sitting 2 points behind Spurs and ONLY 2 ahead of Arsenal now. Two weeks ago, we were all feeling happy and positive that we can finish in the Top 4. Now, it's back to the worrying state again. AND all thanks to Benitez's idiotic rotation and prioritization of the FA Cup on Monday. We should be playing the strongest team here, get the 3 points and then think about Monday. Instead, we lost this game and lose on Monday and all hell will break loose once more. Benitez CLEARLY bothers about winning the trophies more than ensuring us finishing in the Top 4 because it boosts his CV. And heck, he probably wants to ensure we doesn't finish in there knowing Mourinho will only return if we are in the Champions League next season! :rant:

I heard he invented AIDS and was on the grassy knoll as well.....

I think there's logic in resting Mata today if you're trying to win 3 of the 4 matches. We knew we were going to have to rotate at some point and if Mata can only play alternate games then picking him for the United and Sunderland games makes some sense doesn't it?

can't see us finishing top 4 now

Have some perspective - we've still got a game in hand over Spurs and we've also got them at home.

I don't think Mata could handle two games in three days which is why he was rested today. I think he's got a better chance of playing Monday-Thursday-Sunday in all honesty, so not playing him today was perhaps understandable.

He should play the league game's as simple as that.On the bench in the fa cup and europa games.Today he was ill so did not play but i can bet my house that even if he was fit he would not have started.

I heard he invented AIDS and was on the grassy knoll as well.....

I think there's logic in resting Mata today if you're trying to win 3 of the 4 matches. We knew we were going to have to rotate at some point and if Mata can only play alternate games then picking him for the United and Sunderland games makes some sense doesn't it?

No sense in resting Hazard and bringing on Benayoun to save the day though

Ok so we've seen some crappy/unexplainable decision making already by Benitez,

Like ramires/lampard midfield against manchester united (FA cup) + no Hazard in start 11 (after playing him in EL) and several other cases come to mind.

And you would think he figured out by now you cant play with ramires/lampard in pivot but nooooo... the tard now subs hazard for marin (ok good, now we can start playing) but then goes ahead and takes of mikel (ok he didn't have a good game but we need him unless you sub him for luiz) for ramires and oscar for Benayoun??

We're done then against a decent soton side.

On top of all this he starts with marin/moses & oscar -> that's never going to work, or you add hazard (mata seems to be sick) in the mix or you leave oscar out, put lampard further in the field, and make it a battle at midfield by adding luiz/rarmires.

Now you have oscar who can do shit (not his fault), flanks that are no good and a hopeless targetman, how do you expect to score like that...

And all this while we couldve really used the 3 points in our battle for top 4 (heck we couldve ended as 2nd) just because Benitez started with a fucked up lineup against manchester united to begin with, whom we will have to play again in 2 days because of him.

If the board has any dignity left after sacking DM like that, they sack Benitez now or they are just a bunch of friggin hypocrits.

We cant do worse without him, just make the youthcoach orso manager for the time being.

As for the game,

Our wingers/"striker" couldve pressed/hold the ball more, mikel really shouldve used his head more dont know what he was thinking at times, one of his worst games this season he prolly had no clue what to do, and our fullbacks were also clueless after a while. Do we actually have any plan if we arent dominating games i wonder?

In our entire squad, excluding loans, look how many players are in their prime -

Mata (maybe)

Mikel (depending on who you ask)

Ba

Cahill

That's 4 players in their 'prime'.

Now out of those 4 players, how many of them could walk into almost any side in the world? Who is actually a top player?

1. Mata.

That's it.

How this loss comes as a surprise to anyone baffles me. We don't have top players. We have a top player.

This is just a sign of things to come unless someone like Jose comes and fixes shit.

Cech is past his best. As are Terry, Cole (yes I know he wasn't involved today), Lampard, Ivanovic, Torres, Ferreira, Benayoun etc.

As for players yet to reach their best, Luiz is certainly taking his time, Ramires is a yo-yo, Oscar looks like he'll take quite a while, Moses doesn't look to have as high of a ceiling as first thought, Marin is shit, Azpi will be very solid in the near future, and then that's it.

We are a shamble of a team. Full of has-beens and too many 'prospects'.

The only players I consider currently good enough for a team with our aspirations are Cech, Cole, Mata, Hazard, Azpi. That's it. It's fucking sad.

Fuck the board. This one is not down to Rafa.