Jase

Man of the Match  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All in all a good result. I liked the resilience and the desire to actually win it in the end, it would have been very easy to quit even trying in the first place. Brilliant goal by Hazard, a proper cannon ball. To be fair, we were unlucky not to score earlier due to their GK's brilliant performance. But that has been story of our life. (read: luck)

Looking forward to meeting Steaua Bucaresti, who should be -on paper- a match against a far inferior side. That said, it doesn't mean anything, teamwork and motivation beat any superstar on the pitch. We have had it easy considering the teams still running in this competition.

Awful, awful game from start to finish bar the Hazard goal. Our finishing is truly tragic, it really is. The more I watch Torres the more I think he is actually missing on purposes because he's that bad. How anyone can defend the bloke is beyond, this team needs a top class striker come the summer, quickly.

One point I want to make and I don't think it will go down well is how much of limited footballer Ramires is. His passing is atrocious and his first touch is abysmal. I fail to see what he brings to this team apart from his pace on counter attacks.

Nice to be through but we stumbled once again, finishing like this will see us well beaten by City I'm afraid.

Thought we played OK, not good or poor but just OK and this game summed up the season we're having. Offensively, we played decently. Looking dangerous, creating chances and good ones too but just not taking them, again. Defensively, we are in a mess, again. We are making it so easy for opponents to score against us these days and they hardly ever have to work hard for their goal! Take Sparta's goal for example. They played a quick free kick and our defence went to sleep completely especially in the case of Cahill and suddenly, bam goal! It's getting utterly ridiculous these days! :doh:

Chelsea played decent game last night. Chances were created but not converted, mainly by Ramirez, Torres. However Sparta played much better than in Prague.

Perhaps, EL trophy could be a stepping stone for a lot of young Chelsea players, Hazard, Oscar...

If top four places in PL are secured, winning EL trophy could be some sort of satisfaction for this unsuccessful season.

our getting the equalizing goal has put a very very important issue out of every1's mind. what the hell kind of tactics were we playing to?

under normal conditions , a 1-1 aggregate with a chance of being eliminated if we let in another, i would have thought we would have played a little more sensibly. instead we had 8 men upfront and then the blonde whore or mata lose the ball and we came under to counter attacks which could have been fatal. at that point of time i would have guessed that we would have played it simple with trying to get a goal but also try to be safe and push the game to extra time rather than pushing for the goal like it was an eliminater.

strange tactics by the fat incompetent one.

Can't add much more to what others have said.

Torres is absolutely shot. Morons (well one moron in particular) like to defend him by attacking our midfield for not creating enough chances. By my count he had FOUR clear-cut opportunities and he fluffed each of them. Not just that but his passing was awful. When the crowd laughs at you when you get hit in the bollocks by your own player, it's time to fuck off.

Ramires makes up for what he lacks in quality in enthusiasm - but I'd rather have someone with better ball skills please. He only has a place in the team if we're going to let the opposition dominate possession and try to hit them on the counter-attack, and I don't think that's a solid plan to be a top team. Therefore, if we plan on winning stuff on a consistent basis then we should probably sell him.

Bertrand is a very solid left-back.

Mata played 90 minutes less than three days before an away trip to the Champions. Rafa - You're A Cunt. You're not Chelsea, you'll never be Chelsea.

Eden is starting to look like the player we bought. It takes time for players to get used to a new league but he's definitely getting there. It was the right decision to bring him on but we shouldn't have been in a position like that in the first place.

Sparta were unlucky not to beat us. Their fans were tremendous and they fronted up. Quite honestly the thought of at least two more games in between the West Brom, Fulham and West Ham games terrifies me. We've got ONE POINT from these teams already this season and we're going to lose prep time and rest time for key players when we're being pressured for a top four spot. But let's just take it one game at a time and then if we do fuck up it'll be a nice surprise.

I am a bit surprised to see the above poster using such an eloquent tongue to describe Chelsea team.

One might agree about Ramires though. Personally, I do not think he is much help in the middle. He cannot score, his defensive work is too erratic, most of the times I saw him playing rough tackling...however he makes up for it by his relentless stamina.

Well, was Sparta unlucky to win last night ? Perhaps, Chelsea were unlucky to convert their chances, then ?