Chelsea 1-1 Sparta Prague

Jase

Man of the Match  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

No way, Jose! Chelsea supporters fume over banner crackdown

Chelsea angered some of their fans by removing banners before Thursday night's Europa League clash against against Sparta Prague.

A 'Rafa Out' banner directed at under-fire manager Rafa Benitez, which had been a regular feature at Stamford Bridge in recent weeks, was taken down before kick-off.

And there were claims a 'Come Home, Jose' banner, backing former manager Jose Mourinho to return and replace Benitez, was also removed by ground staff.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2282449/Chelsea-crackdown-Rafa-Benitez-Jose-Mourinho-banners-Sparta-Prague-tie.html?ITO=socialnet-twitter-mailfootball&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=socialnet-twitter-mailfootball

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get some of the gloom here. I thought the performance was pretty good. We made some mistakes at the back especially Cahill and Azpi but on the attack we managed to create so much (22 shots) and were a decent striker away from scoring 4-5 goals.

Juan Mata was poor last night. He's the one that needs the rest.

Overall a great night out. The Bridge was very subdued; nothing to get excited about in the freezing cold at all. Hazard's goal alone was worth the admission fee. Either way, play like that against City or even Steaua Bucharest and we'll get slaughtered.

Chant of the night - JOSE MOURINHOOOOOO, JOSE MOURINHO!

QPR, Brentford, fulham, for me were worse, as with better finishing we should have lead at half time in this game.

OH MAN ! Fulham was awwwfull... That was the first time he dropped Mata.. and a sign that we cant fairly lack luster without him and to this day dont understand why he dropped Mata and Hazard for the QPR game, a London Derby ffs !

Can you sort out your hate priorities, please. You can't say that Torres missed many good chances and then say that Rafa's tactics didn't work. Rafa tactics are to produce chances. The players responsibilities are to execute them. Also Rafa has scope to make substitutions. His substitution of Hazard for Oscar was greeted boos by the usual ignorant boo-boys, yet it produced the winning goal. Kudos to Rafa.

As for Torres - goalscorers need confidence. He has been the object of the yobo boo boys for months . In Japan the "loyal" supporters booed him and Rafa as they did in Sparta and various other grounds. This must be a first for a leading club.

You and some of the other haters on here are obsessed with Rafa's appearance. Is it because you are yourself fat and merely expressing a form of self-hatred. Or is there some other deep-seated reason you don't want to tell us about. I notice a lot of the Rafa haters are also fascinated with Mourinho's appearance .....hmmmmm

As for the substitution. I wanted Rafa to take Oscar off long before he did. I know some of you thought he played a good game. I thought he reverted back to the bad form he showed before Rafa started dropping him from the starting 11. Time and again he lost possession of the ball through bad passes or inability to keep the ball under control - a kick forward two feet too far right into the feet of a defender. And because he did this in their third he left us open to counter attack time and again. When Rafa took him off I felt that the midfield would relate better to the attack and it would be more penetrative.

• Well quite clearly he did. If Ba was up front the game probably would have been out of Sparta's reach by half time
  • We were not booing the substitution you moron, we were booing the fact that la mierda was staying on the pitch offering absolute fuck all as usual while one of our creative players was being substituted.
  • Wow fuck me Rafa must really be a tactical genius to notice that things needed changing didn't he? Its not like we were getting outplayed by a side we would probably have demolished under Mourinho. It was obvious to everyone that Hazard needed bringing on so why does Rafa deserve respect for doing the bloody obvious and bringing on a player that everyone in the stands could see we needed. We are not even the supposed 'tactical genius' either
  • That's right. Loyal supporters who had paid thousands of pounds to travel to the other side of the world to see the wanker jog around giving 20% in every game he played. Why should we show him respect if he isn't going to show us respect by playing to the best of his ability? He can't even be fucked to jog towards the penalty box these days let alone jump for a header
  • Nope.
  • Yes Oscar was not at his best but he was nowhere near as bad as Torres. We could have brought Hazard on for Torres and put Victor Moses up front or play with a false number 9. Torres lost the ball far more than Oscar (and Oscar was actually trying) and it would usually end up being his fault that they counter attacked either because he would run into a player or not give Oscar, Moses or Mata an option to pass to so they would lose the ball. That's right, the same Fernando Torres who got all the plaudits against Barca last season by trying to dribble past 4 players on the edge of our box in the 92nd minute, losing the ball and not being arsed to track back and instead decided to jog aimlessly towards the halfway line. He was then incredibly lucky to get the ball and score yet he got all the praise? He is the one who consistently puts us in danger

I don't get some of the gloom here. I thought the performance was pretty good. We made some mistakes at the back especially Cahill and Azpi but on the attack we managed to create so much (22 shots) and were a decent striker away from scoring 4-5 goals.

oh wow, 22 shots and 1 goal

that is truly abysmal

...but on the attack we managed to create so much (22 shots) and were a decent striker away from scoring 4-5 goals.

This sums it for me. Actually, it is starting to sum up our entire season. Every team has bad games, makes mistakes - especially in a transition season guided by a mismatced manager. But the amount of chances Cli-Torres misses will put any team into shallow waters.

I believe that is rather improbable.

With the amount of crap teams in the EL it's very possible actually. But I just know when we do make it to the final, it's gonna be one of those 30 shots 19 on target kinda games with zero goals.

Only thing I'm looking for is the possibility of facing Inter.