Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

Oxford dictionary definition of the word prone (http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/prone):

Prone (adjective): likely or liable to suffer from, do, or experience something.

E.g. You can be prone to lung cancers if you smoke.

You can be injured many times without being injury prone. You could have a concussion, a broken ankle from an awful challenge and pull a hamstring all in one season, but if it's the first time each of those injuries are happened your are not prone to injury, it just so happens that coincidentally you have had 3 injuries by chance all occur in a set, short period of time.

Now you could correctly say he is injured often, that would be fine to say because recently he has been, but labelling someone like Reus as injury prone due to a few horror challenges (and so putting him in the same bracket with people like the walking injury Diaby) is just erroneous.

Again you're wrong. prone to injury is showing a history of having injuries. If someone gets injured multiple times in a short period of time then the moniker injury prone is adopted to that player whether rightly or wrongly. In Reus' case I think its warranted.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/marco-reus/verletzungen/spieler/35207

Its not just the first page there are two pages.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-----------Costa------------- ------------Benzema------------ ---------Lewandwoski-------- ------------Suarez------------- -------Falcao-----RVP-------

Hazard----Oscar----Reus Ronaldo---Rodriguez---Bale Ribery----Gotze----Robben Iniesta----Messi----Neymar Rooney---Mata---Di Maria

----Matic-----Fabregas--- -----Modric----------Kroos----- ------Muller------Alonso------ -----Xavi-------Busquets----- ------------Carrick------------

If you look at those front 6's in terms of quality, balance (and potential to a small extent).... I think I agree you know. I'd say ours is best.

Have we BOUGHT Man UTD to piss off CITY??

He isnt injury prone but he cant keep himself from geting injured, like Hazard, Messi or Ronaldo do.

That said, I have reservations on him, comming from year of injuries, lack of fitness and into new league, probably most physical too. Perhaps after all these injuries, he doesnt even want to come to PL, knowing he might get tackled even more.

Wonderful player, but these injuries and everything that comes with them is certainly worth to think about.

However for 25m, Its no brainer. Little risk, big reward.

Again you're wrong. prone to injury is showing a history of having injuries. If someone gets injured multiple times in a short period of time then the moniker injury prone is adopted to that player whether rightly or wrongly. In Reus' case I think its warranted.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/marco-reus/verletzungen/spieler/35207

Its not just the first page there are two pages.

I just handed you the definition of the word 'prone'. Attach injury to that and it means someone that is liable to injuries. Getting injured numerous times doesn't mean you are liable to injuries. Being liable (or prone) to something means you are more likely to have it (in this case get injured) happen to you than someone who isn't. If someone gets injured in ways that they could do nothing about (see: Reus) then they are no more liable than anyone else. If Hazard/Ronaldo/Messi had been tackled as I showed you in that picture they would have been injured too.

Well yes the moniker injury prone might be attached to a player but in this case it is wrongly attached. And from that link in his career so far he's only had 3 injuries that have lasted 2 weeks or more. And some of it is bullshit like "bruised ankle" and "influenza" which should hardly be worth noting.

I just handed you the definition of the word 'prone'. Attach injury to that and it means someone that is liable to injuries. Getting injured numerous times doesn't mean you are liable to injuries. Being liable (or prone) to something means you are more likely to have it (in this case get injured) happen to you than someone who isn't. If someone gets injured in ways that they could do nothing about (see: Reus) then they are no more liable than anyone else. If Hazard/Ronaldo/Messi had been tackled as I showed you in that picture they would have been injured too.

Well yes the moniker injury prone might be attached to a player but in this case it is wrongly attached. And from that link in his career so far he's only had 3 injuries that have lasted 2 weeks or more. And some of it is bullshit like "bruised ankle" and "influenza" which should hardly be worth noting.

The first word is 'likely' in your definition. which is what he's proven he is, likely to be injured... he's 25 and has had a host of ailments dude its not a big deal but it is definitely something to look at and many are. You're over analyzing the word injury prone too.

To be honest I don't care if he's injury prone, for the price its worth the risk. Hopefully the numerous ailments he's had will subside. Whether he is or isn't injury prone is very debatable at this point which is also a reason why there is risk. Ankle injuries are very difficult to recover fully from as a footballer too.

Inevitable how?

It just baffles me how some of you guys think Hazard will leave us in the near future for sure.

it's very difficult for a player to reject Real Madrid and if they do come in with a serious offer then perhaps we could see Hazard wanting a change in a season or two.

Reus isn't injury prone. Injury prone means he physiologically isn't up to the stresses of being a footballer. Being targeted by the opposition and quite literally taken out game after game is an entirely different thing.

For some ridiculous reason I started to think someone like him or Bale coming here might hinder us LOL :ph34r: reflecting on Barcelona and Messi it looks like he won't get 50-60 goals a year anymore because he is not the focal of their attack. Sometime I wonder if it isn't broken, don't fix it. For example Bale and other coming means Benzema...etc score probably like 15-20 goals now per season instead of 30-40 goals he should be getting.

Sometime I think it doesn't work if we have too many of the same type of player in the team, lets say we have 2 players like Hazard and Reus who both enjoys having the ball and tracking back isn't their strongest points. What if Willian is the unsung man in our team, he doesn't get the headline for scoring goals but his hard work actually allows Hazard and others to create and attack better.

Probably just me talking rubbish but suddenly I have this weird feeling about us signing Reus. Instead of Hazard maybe getting 15-20 goals himself, now maybe when Reus comes he will have around 10 or so instead with Reus getting the others.

For some ridiculous reason I started to think someone like him or Bale coming here might hinder us LOL :ph34r: reflecting on Barcelona and Messi it looks like he won't get 50-60 goals a year anymore because he is not the focal of their attack. Sometime I wonder if it isn't broken, don't fix it. For example Bale and other coming means Benzema...etc score probably like 15-20 goals now per season instead of 30-40 goals he should be getting.

Sometime I think it doesn't work if we have too many of the same type of player in the team, lets say we have 2 players like Hazard and Reus who both enjoys having the ball and tracking back isn't their strongest points. What if Willian is the unsung man in our team, he doesn't get the headline for scoring goals but his hard work actually allows Hazard and others to create and attack better.

Probably just me talking rubbish but suddenly I have this weird feeling about us signing Reus. Instead of Hazard maybe getting 15-20 goals himself, now maybe when Reus comes he will have around 10 or so instead with Reus getting the others.

I dont think Rues is that similar to Hazard. Hazard likes the ball in his feet, he sometimes likes to stop, come up with a smart pass, dribble alot, while Rues is also a dribbler and a good passer but he also likes to play for spaces, he's a bit more direct in his style (but a lot less talented imo). I think they could complete each other.

What is our status on the HG situation as far as EPL standards are concerned?

Blackman is back but doesn't need to be registered, do we will need a few players in order to get our numbers up?

If so, buying Reus now may be a bit of an issue.

Blackman is back but doesn't need to be registered, do we will need a few players in order to get our numbers up?

Schwarzer has left so we have a spare non HG spot if need be I believe.

If Schurrle is to leave then he will come in. I doubt we will sign anyone if we haven't sold, first.

If Schurrle is to leave then he will come in. I doubt we will sign anyone if we haven't sold, first.

We could easily loan/sell Salah and wait till the summer to sell Schurrle. Right now we need players eligible to play in the champions league so schurrle will have to stay.

We could easily loan/sell Salah and wait till the summer to sell Schurrle. Right now we need players eligible to play in the champions league so schurrle will have to stay.

Yes, this too. Seeing Telegraph and Daily Star posting it. Really hope there is something true in this.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You