Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Jose is the reason why chelsea wont get reus...

Really this makes no sense so if you could explain that would be useful.

Anyway heres my 2 cents on Reus and his next move. For sure Real Madrid, Bayern, City, United, Arsenal and ourselves are linked with him but surely as a player he has to consider football wise:

1) Where is he gonna be a first team regular so he can continue to be picked for German national team

2) Will he be able to play Champions League football at his next club

3) Which coach does he feel is going to improve him the most

I think at Real and Bayern he will struggle to be a regular which could jeopardize his national team place, sure he is a brilliant footballer but look at Podolski at Arsenal. Something like 100 caps but has been told he won't get picked if he doesn't play regularly. Even at Arsenal they have got Walcott, Ox, Podolski Sanchez, Cazorla and Ozil who all play in that band of 3 so unless they offloaded someone I doubt they would consider him as a priority.

Realistically ourselves, City and United don't have the competition or strength in those attacking areas that Real and Bayern have so he'd have more chance starting here over Willian, Schurrle or Salah or at one of the Manchester clubs over one of Milner, Nasri and Navas at City or Valencia, Januzaj and Mata at United than at Bayern - where they have got Muller, Robben, Ribery, Shaqiri and Gotze - and Real Madrid - where they have got Ronaldo, Bale, Isco, Jese and James.

All the clubs linked with him will play Champions League bar United who I don't feel will play Champions League next year which could have a bearing on his decision although Di Maria made a big high profile move there without them being in the Champions League so who knows?

I think its fair to say Mourinho, Guardiola and Ancelotti are better coaches than Pellegrini, van Gaal and Wenger too so if he wants to improve he'd probably like to work under Jose, Pep or Carlo more than Pellegrini, van Gaal or Wenger (although no disrespect they are good coaches but not at that level that the other 3 are) but really who knows what move he will make and how he really will decide it. I hope he comes here though.

If Reus is Intelligent, will come here.

In Bayern will lose the affection of his heart club. In Real Madrid will has very competence and probably should play in a improvised position. Barca, now dont have a project, and should play for that Messi be the star.
In Chelsea, will play in his position, with a perfect style for he, with a very important and ambitious project where can win much titles, with the Best trainer who can help he to get his best level, and probably will be the star of the team.
Chelsea is for far, his best option.

You must be the strangest Chelsea fan I have come across on here. Your views does not represent anything of a Chelsea fan.

Very strange guy indeed. I've never seen him saying anything positive about Chelsea except oscar is better than coutinho.

Real always makes space.....

And cr7 is not going to stay forever and both Jese and Reus could play CF.

Arsenal has a ton of german mates and germans love arsene football. arsenal had first dibs on a lot of germans and didnt take their chance. i.e. gotze, bender, and probably draxler and meyer as well.

podolski wants out of arsenal according to the recent rumors, ozil is more a cautionary tale than a positive to arsenal. and if reus can be persuadedjust cos of PER than well... add to that, better wages, playing for the best team in PL and one of the best teams in the world with a chance to win trophies any season, i would say, we would easily beat arsenal as favourites for any sane minded footballer. i mean why exactly would he sign for arsenal in january when they wont even be assured of a CL spot next season. a WC player like reus playing in europa with no chance of winning anything ever.

also, arsenal had first dibs on those players and how many of those exactly ended up playing for arsenal?

CR is 29 right now. looking at his fitness levels and the sheer class he is playing at right now, he easily has a good 4-5 years ahead of him, by which time reus himself will be 29-30.

Chelsea recent transfers....

Costa..... Who was chelsea really fighting costa for?

Luis..... Who was chelsea really fighting luis for?

Cesc. Who was chelsea really fighting cesc for? Maybe United and potentially Liverpool?

Remy. Who was chelsea really fighting for?

The last big battle chelsea had in the transfer market was hazard and he won essentially dued to default...Oscar, was chelsea vs spurs and Italian teams at the time. Willian was spurs vs chelsea...

If chelsea has to fight the big boys, I dont think Chelsea wins the transfer market..

hazard, oscar? what were they then?

and are we now doubting our board for going for players who are WC and fit us perfectly like a glove rather than get into a boxing match for a player who we dont need!!!

Lets look at our potential competitors

Bayern- Likely, however he doesn't seem the sort to go to a direct rival. Also, they have an abundance of top capable AMs,

Real- Very unlikely, CR, James and Bale are already there. Don't forget Real paid TOP dollars for them. They seem settled and are doing just fine. Would Real really throw their toys out of the pram this fast?

Barca - Transfer ban. However, he said he wishes to go there, so it may happen. Even then their front 3 is pretty amazing on paper. Wouldn't be a guaranteed starter. Possibility

PSG- If he wishes to just make $$. But would they really provide a challenge for him? French league is weak and PSG are not exactly dominant in Europe yet. Possibility but not likely.

Utd- Have the $$ and may make space for him. But their current status is far below what they were. No CL and honestly they may not make a spot next season. Wouldn't he want to challenge for trophies too? Possibility but not likely.

Arsenal - Plenty of friends over there but their inability to consistently challenge for trophies might put him off. Possibility but not likely

What about us though?

Our RW is calling for a top player. We have enough financial resources. Consistently challenging for trophies. Very balanced team and a top manager in Jose. Already making a strong push in the league this season. We are the most logical choice for him.

However if the rumours about getting him now then letting him stay in Dortmund are true, I would choose that option. We already have a good and settled team right now. Letting him come next season when we get to have more time to incorporate him in our plans during preseason would be better IMO.

He said money doesn't matter to him. His next move will speak volumes.

Yeah, I fully expect him to sign for Oldham for a chance to play in the prestigious Johnstone's Paint Trophy :clown:

That line has to be the biggest bullshit ever created because even if it is true, which it never is, there are still the fee demands of the club and of course the agents. It is never his decision alone.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You