Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

So with this hypothetical situation of Willian being injured... If we had the front 6 you suggested then our bench would be Cech, Luis, Zouma, Mikel, Salah, Remy, Drogba. That's a far better bench than any other team in the league have at full strength (minus Man City). And that's not including Ake, Baker, Solanke and Brown to come in who are all mid-table level currently.

We wouldn't be in THAT much of a better situation if we had Schurrle.

Although having him as a super sub is obviously beneficial, we shouldn't wait until the summer to sign Reus in case we lose him in the process.

There's risks with both methods. The risk of signing him in January is coming up short for players in the latter stages of the CL and possibly going out earlier because of that. The risk of not signing him in January is the chance to miss out on one of the top players in the world for a massively cut price (and worse, he might go to a league rival).

To me reward far outweighs the risk of signing him in January, and surely when put like that you must be inclined to agree?

what i think has happened is that schurlle's current rut of form has made this decision very easy for people. suddenly he has become this poor, good for nothing player. people forget how good he is and the quality he himself brings to the team. and hence people feel that the gap he would leave will be easily filled this season.

in all honesty, salah, remy and a 36 year old DD are mid table PL quality players. to say baker, solanke and brown are mid table players is a massive massive exaggeration.

if we cant sign him in the summer and risk losing him or we cant get a pre-agreement, then obviously we should buy him. all my arguments are considering the fact that we CAN sign him in the summer.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i think has happened is that schurlle's current rut of form has made this decision very easy for people. suddenly he has become this poor, good for nothing player. people forget how good he is and the quality he himself brings to the team. and hence people feel that the gap he would leave will be easily filled this season.

in all honesty, salah, remy and a 36 year old DD are mid table PL quality players. to say baker, solanke and brown are mid table players is a massive massive exaggeration.

if we cant sign him in the summer and risk losing him or we cant get a pre-agreement, then obviously we should buy him. all my arguments are considering the fact that we CAN sign him in the summer.

Well Brown was scoring goals for WBA when he was there before we bought him, and Solanke is arguably better, so that's my logic in saying they're mid table level.

I'm not underestimating Schurrle, if we can't get Reus then i'm happy enough keeping him as 4th choice for now. He definitely has the capability to be a hell of a lot better than he has been recently.

I understand completely what you're saying but there's no guarantee that we would sign him in the summer. Imagine a hypothetical situation where 2 of Bale/Ronaldo/Isco/JAmes Rodriguez had been injured at the end of the season. Real would scramble to put everything they wanted into signing Reus. Same with Bayern if Ribery/Robben are injured or out of form. We're gambling on Bayern/Real not wanting him, cos if they did, we'd just get massively outbid for wages. And even if those 2 didn't want him we're relying on Barca not convincing him to wait until they are out of their transfer embargo. Then he's got a choice between us and Man City (no feasible reason he'd go to Arsenal or Liverpool due to no chance of winning the title and they've got less financial clout than us anyway). Too many ifs and buts there IMO.

Whereas, tying the deal up in January using Schurrle (who although good, you must admit is expendable) as a sweetener for BVB (they then wouldn't have to go searching for a replacement LW) would knock everyone else out of the race.

But like you said you admitted if we can't get a pre-agreement then we should sign him. We all agree in essence :D.

Please stop this nonsense. Ok, we get it, you don't want us to buy Reus in january because Schurrle is going to win us the CL. :lol:

Hopefully Mourinho will swap Schurrle with Reus in January and you commit suicide after Schurrle's departure :D .

Please stop this nonsense. Ok, we get it, you don't want us to buy Reus in january because Schurrle is going to win us the CL. :lol:

Hopefully Mourinho will swap Schurrle with Reus in January and you commit suicide after Schurrle's departure :D .

there are posters like viper and then there are posters like u!!!

u know what, i have already got a warning, so dont wanna get another talking to people like u. :wank2:

I don't think many will agree, but personally I rate the 'location factor' quite highly.

For example, if it came down to us and City, things such as wages and playing time assurances could be matched, but I think the fact we are based in London could really give us the upper hand (along with the fact we have a much better manager).

Anyone else agree?

I don't think many will agree, but personally I rate the 'location factor' quite highly.

For example, if it came down to us and City, things such as wages and playing time assurances could be matched, but I think the fact we are based in London could really give us the upper hand (along with the fact we have a much better manager).

Anyone else agree?

Is London that much nicer than Manchester?

One in five in Greater Manchester in extreme poverty

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-21023300

it is shit , reflected by its football teams

Whoa. It's like Detroit of England lol. I know London is beautiful, obviously.

Commit suicide? Cut that bullshit out.

Is London that much nicer than Manchester?

Of course it's all subjective but I'd say yes, although that's just my opinion of course haha :)

For example, London was a factor for Fabregas in choosing us.

Also, sometimes it's a reason players choose Spain over England, so maybe for a player coming from abroad, London is a bigger appeal than Manchester?

If people are really that worried to field a weak bench in the CL, so much so that you'd want to risk loosing Reus to other teams in the summer then why not recall Moses if we're that desperate.

If we really do have a chance to get Reus, there should be no room for complacency. A club like Chelsea should never be thinking short-term unless we're desperate. And, I don't think we do, so I'm sure if there is a chance to get Reus, we'll be involved.

More than a quater of Londoners live in poverty. I don't know if the number has changed too much since then.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-24517391

but not "extreme" poverty like manchester. although i doubt it is extreme at all, compared to other countries

but not "extreme" poverty like manchester. although i doubt it is extreme at all, compared to other countries

Poverty is a very vague term. I think in this context it is refering to low income families and households. I bet they still have basics like food access, clean water, bathing facilities, loos and some sort of heating fixtures.

I really wish these rumors didn't start, or at least started closer to the transfer window lol The idea of possibly signing Reus is very exciting. However I feel, like another poster said, a lot of things would have to fall into place for us to have a good chance of signing him:

-Bayern indeed isn't an option for him (if you believe the rumors of him being too loyal to BVB)

-Madrid/ Barca (we'll see if this ban really sticks) must not come into play, or he'll most likely be swayed to pick them.

If the above happen then we can feel more confident about the prospect of signing him for a couple reasons.

-He'd probably like to play for Jose versus Pelligrini (assuming he's still there) or LVG

-London often plays a part in some players choices

-The RW position will be his and he'll be assured he'll have plenty of playing time.

Id absolutely love him here as he's been one of my fav players to watch even before his move back to BvB and I think he'd fit our side like a glove.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You