• Oscar
    • Bertrand
    • Ba
    • Torres(sub)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again, you have to give credit to every team we play at the moment, thats the hardest thing, we are playin like Villa. Thats not even a joke.

We will not get top 4 imo as we won't win many from here to the end of the season, infact I'm not even sure when our team may pick up points. Could put or keep a gap between us and spurs, instead now we are dropping rapidly.

I can't believe we didn't go get a striker for cover in the window, Benteke anyone?

This club is a joke now.

I know Newcastle squandered many chances to score in this game but if only Lampard had converted the chance created by Cole in the 1st half and then scored with the header from 8 yards out, this would have been so different! We had defensive problems in the game but once again, our profligacy cost us. :doh:

I know Chelsea squandered a few chances in the game but if I only cisse had converted his chances Newcastle would have won 4 or 5-2 . Once again their profiligscy costs them

I was one who said it, but I admit I was wrong.

One thing though, just because one is terrible it doesnt mean the other is good. RDM still an average manager. 100 times better than FSW, but still...

the point is not if RDM was an average manager or a world class manager... the point was, did he work for chelsea? and the answer for me will always be YES.

he was not given a proper chance and was sacked at the first sight of a slump. u cant sack a manager for 8 bad matches which were 2 against united, 2 against shakhtar, i against juve , i against pool and away games to swansea and west brom both of whom were playing good at that moment.

RDM dont deserve the sack at that point and i am shocked that rafa hasnt got sacked at this point.

the point is not if RDM was an average manager or a world class manager... the point was, did he work for chelsea? and the answer for me will always be YES.

he was not given a proper chance and was sacked at the first sight of a slump. u cant sack a manager for 8 bad matches which were 2 against united, 2 against shakhtar, i against juve , i against pool and away games to swansea and west brom both of whom were playing good at that moment.

RDM dont deserve the sack at that point and i am shocked that rafa hasnt got sacked at this point.

Thats the thing..what your getting isnt always better which is true in this case!Heck we were bad but least we could hold a lead pretty well! And United was dodgy anyway...we lost to Swansea again afters and drew twice against them so aint done better there.

If you can sack a manager for that run why the hell are we clinging onto Rafa?!We drew to Brentford for christ sake and that wasnt easy!No disrespect to them but that should've been a simpleish game but no.

Oh goody. Spurs won against West Brom. Only 1 point ahead of them now. 4pts and 5pts clear of Everton and Arsenal respectively. :doh:

That season once more. Where in the beginning, we were wondering if we can hold the 5 point lead on the Manchester Clubs to the title, now wondering if we manage to not fuck it up and stay in the top 4. Only this time, there is no Champions League to save our arses.

That season once more. Where in the beginning, we were wondering if we can hold the 5 point lead on the Manchester Clubs to the title, now wondering if we manage to not fuck it up and stay in the top 4. Only this time, there is no Champions League to save our arses.

Glad we're out the Champs League we cant beat QPR for christ sake....

we nearly made it 7 point gap :( then all went wrong against Man U

We are in that period again desperately hoping for the other teams to drop points because of our own failure. Has happened too often in recent times! :doh:

Like I stated, this team is no where near ready to become champions. Deserve fuck all

Weak mentality, not living up to their prices, playing as individuals, and to top it off, they are playing for a manager they don't understand and the fans despise. A recipe for disaster.

Poor performance. Even when we were 2-1 up, I had no confidence at all and by the FT whistle, I wasn't even angry. I just accept it now.

Newcastle's second just seemed to sum up the team at the moment, mistakes everywhere; Torres gives the ball away, JT does a Luiz impersonation and Cech palms it to Sissoko.

Edit: Also, Newcastle fans are the biggest bunch of ungrateful scum in the league. Fair enough, boo Ba, get it our of your systems or whatever makes you feel better; but booing him when he's legitimately injured after receiving a boot to the face? When he's clearly bleeding profusely?

They wouldn't even have a season to save if it wasn't for Ba. Half the players they signed wouldn't have came to a team rock bottom of the league. Scumbags.

I cannot help but think players pick up things that are unsaid. Even the old guard. Our team can play, but it's in the head stuff isn't computng anymore. And I can relate to it. Whe you thin of it, it is quite simple!

Suppose you are all a talented bunch of players. Some new and talented with a lot to prove and some older with a pedigree that just got a CL title attached to it.

In comes a transition year in which you start to feel something is wrong or strange. We buy a LOT of youngsters and we seem to loan out even more. No matter how thin our squad gets, we keep stalling very talented guys elsewhere to get experience (think Chalobah, Courtois, Lukaku, KDB, Josh, Piazon). Some of the older ones get loaned out to (Essien) or sold (Meireles), maybe bexause in the long run they can gives us nothing extra anymore in the eyes of our board. All this only makes sense if this is a very deliberate strategic choice of our board. But what decision?

Well, Let's do the best we can with the old guard (in the process we don't disappoint our fans too much), we buy some real young hot shots designed for greatness because we would simply miss out on them otherwise (Oscar, Hazard). We also decide to play our failing 50 m striker till he at least is worth some values for money when we sell him again. We get all our prospects in teams where they pick up the experience they need (like planting seeds everywhere - in business this is a sure and guaranteed wa to be able to harvest in a very insecure environment. Salespeople call this 'filling your pipeline').

Then we wait patiently, confident we will get a CL place and next year when we get rid of Lampard, JT and all those other oldies (except Cech - but we will replace shitty Turnbull and qhilarious with a hot new star on the firmament Courtois).

During the season, we keep RDM aboard - perhaps waiting for Pep in the year to come. Suddenly we see our performances (CL especially) stutter a little and our board panicks. We sack RDM because our entire strategy stands or falls with a CL place (remember FFP is coming up)

Enter a manager - though hated - with a pedigree. One of the few or maybe the only ne that was available at the time.

Result: a team void of direction. Too thin, in some areas too unexperienced (we depend on Mata who joined last year, Hazard and Oscar - both u22 players even though they do a great job considering)

Result: a team that is now in danger of sliding away from a CL spot. Why else have we only bought BA. Did the oard think this would be just enough to get us that number 4 spot after all?

Now everything is gong downhill a bit, a slippery slope we don't seem to be able to get out of and Rafa is left with nothing. No new players, no Charisma, no leadership, no fan support and .... If my analyses is correct: no board support since the last couple of matches.

Ergo: what happened this season so far: we overplayed our hand. Bluffed a little too hard and hoped for he best. Unfortunatley that's when Murphy (the guy from the law, you know) came along.

And now we are here ..... and there is only one thing left to do. Buckle up and bite the bullet. Maybe JT comes along as a player manager or Eddie even -just for the psychological effect!

We will have to sit this year out and NOT forget our team like our board see's to have done a bit by playing high stakes with them. After the CL win, they actually deserved much better

'Nough said.

Ps! Sorry for the typos. Frantically writing on ipad is hell :-)