Reading 2-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

THIS!

So frustrating. If we'd have taken our chances, (Oscar, i'm looking at you), we'd have won that comfortably. Yet again, poor finishing has cost us. Well, that and poor defending. Lampard was nowhere near Akpan (I believe) for their first, should've got closer to him. Second was just a nightmare, far too much room give all round. 2 shots on target for Reading, 2 goals. Says it all.

Feel players have to primarily be blamed for this one! Was dealing with Reading well all game long but never take our chances and lapses in concentration costs us! :doh:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say much more than everyone else has. That fat fucking cunt lost us the game.

He didn't put out his strongest team at the start and he didn't make the right substitutions at the end. Terry should've been on and I hope he lamps that fat fucking cunt for everyone of the Chelsea fans who watched that tonight.

We were good enough to win but we simply didn't convert enough of the pressure into goals (because despite Torres having a half-decent game tonight he still can't score goals against half-decent opposition) and we didn't defend the lead at the end.

And despite all that we are so fucking lucky that the teams chasing us dropped points. We have to throw the cup and the Europa League because getting a top four spot is going to be a massive task. Youth team, reserve teams or just those three Beckham kids and a few under-9s to make up the numbers. This is the point at which we go to the mattresses and pray for things to go our way.

Disheartening to say the least. I actually don't blame Rafa's substitutions for this one. We were up 2-0 in the 87th minute. Reading didn't have a single scoring chance. Torres was excellent. Bringing on Back isn't a magic potion. Mata took a knock and he needs rest when he can get it so the Benayoun sub made sense. I did think he was going to bring on Terry after Cahill got clobbered though. I can, however, find fault with the tactics. Chelsea looked so disorganized and flat for much of the game. How were three Reading players free on the second goal. Turnbull is not good enough. Benayoun is a starter on a mid-table side sort of player but showed more in attack in a few minutes than Bertrand ever has. Oscar... should have scored 2 or 3 goals. He just can't find the net in the Premier League and it cost us big time

Disheartening to say the least. I actually don't blame Rafa's substitutions for this one. We were up 2-0 in the 87th minute. Reading didn't have a single scoring chance. Torres was excellent. Bringing on Back isn't a magic potion. Mata took a knock and he needs rest when he can get it so the Benayoun sub made sense. I did think he was going to bring on Terry after Cahill got clobbered though. I can, however, find fault with the tactics. Chelsea looked so disorganized and flat for much of the game. How were three Reading players free on the second goal. Turnbull is not good enough. Benayoun is a starter on a mid-table side sort of player but showed more in attack in a few minutes than Bertrand ever has. Oscar... should have scored 2 or 3 goals. He just can't find the net in the Premier League and it cost us big time

I'm not trying to be combative, but how did bringing on an attacking player when we were already up 2-0 make sense? It's true that Mata needed to come off, but that doesn't mean you replace him with someone who isn't good at defending the wing.

Rafa's tactics confound me. When we're down against Swansea he makes a like-for-like defensive substitution, but when we're up 2-0 against Reading with 3 minutes plus extra time he subs in two ATTACKING players?! The Rafalution is here, ladies and gentlemen. Let's just hope we can make it to the end of the season without any serious damage.

Jesus Christ that was awful.

Right that'ts it, I've stuck up for Rafa and supported him but enough is enough.

The only sub that cunt understands is the foot long at subway.

It's like he doe's it on purpose to wind me up, surely he is watching the same game we all are.

Hopefully some good will come of this and he get's the sack.

Just thank fuck no one made any ground on us.

Depends who we buy...

We don't want another pointless signing like Raul Meireles.

Meireles was hardly a pointless signing. Helped us to win the Champions League last season and was a decent player enough to do a job for us whenever called upon. And we could do with having him right now.

According to Rafa, we didn't have time to bring on Terry.

They scored their first goal in the 87th minute, their second in the 94th.

That's seven minutes - the fat cunt could choke down 69 hot dogs in that time (if he pretended they were Torres's cock).

Meireles was hardly a pointless signing. Helped us to win the Champions League last season and was a decent player enough to do a job for us whenever called upon. And we could do with having him right now.

He was shit, he may of scored that wonder goal against Benfica.. but how many times was he slated on this forum..? He constantly gave away the ball, took more shots than Frank Lampard, and was just too careless.

He was alright when we had 11 men behind the ball, it meant he didn't have to pass the ball... he's got a lot of stamina, i'll give him that.

Brentford 2-1 down he brings on a defender.........

Reading 2-1 up he brings on an attacker with the only talking CB in JT, who can organize still on the bench.........

Ummmmmmmmmm......

That aside, I blame Oscar more than anyone for not winning, he should of made this game safe but his poor strike rate and decision making infront of goal is clearly not good enough for a player of his talent, he really has to improve & its not the first time I've said that. I can't argue that our defending is nothing but shocking either, Cahill & Ivanovich were sleeping for the first goal & I'm not going to get started on the equalizer!

One thing to note though was, where did the ref get 5 minutes from? There was 1 short stoppage for Cahill & a few subs? Yet last week against Swansea there were two 4 minute stoppages, plus subs yet there is only 6 minutes???