Reading 2-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

I too wont loose my shit just yet.

For the first goal Ivanovic could have blocked it but the commitment wasn't there, he didn't fully commit to the block, he also gave the ball away numerous times.Also Oscar has scored some great goals before tonight cut the boy some slack, the great turn and shoot in the Champions League, when he volley chipped the keeper and last weeks one against Brentford so I don't think that its not that he cant finish rather than he might not be as sharp as he could be, and that's down to mental state and training.

Rafa needs to get the best out of our players and I don't think he is, IMO

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding bringing on Terry, he could have come on and we might not have conceded or might still. No guarantee that we'll see the game out even with him but the point here is, are we really that pathetic till the point we can't even see out the game with the players we had out there last night?! They are not babies for goodness sake and expect Terry to guide them every single time. Up till they scored their first goal, we were doing well. Reading barely had a shot all game and suddenly 2 lapses of concentration cost us the game.

What was Ivanovic AND Cahill doing for the first goal?! Le Fondre was making the run in front of them, IN FRONT OF THEM and neither tracked him. Instead, they were ball watching. OR maybe they fancied Akpan! As for the second goal, deary me, that was just abysmal defending! 3-4 Reading playesr left unmarked at the back and no one was picking them out! Madness! These are all simple basic defending and yet somehow the players we had out there managed to screw it up!!

Blaming Rafa for this just proves that you are ignorant, non-objective, non-thinking and basically brainless.

Thats it. (And I'll add I don't like him)

Feel the same way. Defenders fucked up big time with both of the goals. Though Rafa plays boring football, the main reason he should be sacked is that if he doesn't have fans behind him, he will never get proper results, especially at home.

The way I see last night´s game:

In every game, when Chelsea played against teams that pressured Chelsea the team collapsed.

It´s difficult to explain, Chelsea were controlling the game for 85 minutes, then made too many mistakes again.

Chelsea´s defense-men are out of position too many times for my liking. A. Cole, Iva, Azpi or Cahill are not able to come back quick enough. How many times Cole kicked the ball into the bleachers, last night ?

Currently, the midfield is in deep shit & the defense is trying to help to move forward, even score goals.

When Torres is on, most of the game he is playing hide & seek. Still can not score, convert clear chances. Currently, there is no one on the team who is capable to score apart Mata. When BA is not on, funny rotation was seen by Rafa last night, I mean at 92nd minute is useless to bring him on, I feel. Moses & Mikel are missing more than one cares to admit.

Personally, all I pray for is top four places in PL & fuck the rest of those cups.

So much money poured into this team by generous Roman & so little is seen on his investment. Sometimes, I even question whether he will stay much longer & suffer so much with the team, management...etc.

i watched the game and was totally stunned by the 5 minutes injury time!!!! have i missed something?! i am also a bit suspicious of their Russian owner, was there a bit of an agreement between Roman?! maybe i'm just paranoid but it's like we sold that match, Reading were not in the game AT ALL, park side, and they equalise in injury time. WHERE THE HELL DO YOU GET 5 MINUTES FROM?! rubbish. towards the end of the game Reading had 2 shots on goal and we had like 13 or something, then bam they score twice.

fuck off benitez

2-0 up with 87 minutes played. End up drawing 2-2 with a mediocre club.

Reading, in that last eight minutes or so, completely outdid us in every capacity. Greater belief and determination to succeed. We totally dominated them but they did not back down and in fairness that team spirit is commendable. Showing that sort of determination is what earns you results.

I don't recall the last time we showed any real fight. You'd have to go back to the 2-3 game against United, I think. We really dug in deep, even with nine men. Made you feel proud despite the result.

This is just something else. This is possibly the lowest I've felt as a Chelsea supporter. Lower than Moscow, lower than Cardiff 2002 when we lost in the FA Cup final to Arsenal, lower than the Monaco 2-2. In those games you saw the want to win.

Get this clown out of our club. Please.

Feel the same way but I guess blaming ONLY Rafa would describe it a bit more accurate. Defenders fucked up big time with both of the goals. Though Rafa plays boring football, the main reason he should be sacked is that if he doesn't have fans behind him, he will never get proper results, especially at home.

What do you expect him to pull off exacly considering how THIN our squad is atm? Especially considering the fact that Moses and Mikel are in Africa?

Also, Luiz has been out now and I feel that it is a clear differance when he is played in the pivot. Just imagine someone who is an expert playing there. And another midfielder. And a non-Torres striker.

Im not saying Rafa is best and whatnot, as Ive said I dont like him, but many here arent thinking or reasoning objectively.

What do you expect him to pull off exacly considering how THIN our squad is atm? Especially considering the fact that Moses and Mikel are in Africa?

Also, Luiz has been out now and I feel that it is a clear differance when he is played in the pivot. Just imagine someone who is an expert playing there. And another midfielder. And a non-Torres striker.

Im not saying Rafa is best and whatnot, as Ive said I dont like him, but many here arent thinking or reasoning objectively.

Shit, looking back I made a typo.. What I meant to say is that Rafa is NOT only one to be blamed, sorry for confusion. He will need to take certain amount of stick but I find his subs logical and in the end of the day if players are shit, you can't get a result. Benitez hasn't been given a chance from the start by many fans and that kind of negativity is bringing the club down. That said, his formation isn't working, we are stuck in the last third like we used to be a few seasons ago.

Just have one thing to say...

'THIS WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED UNDER MOURINHO'

Rafa is weak, our team is weak - like dogs reflect their owners, our team reflects our fucking useless manager...

Reading were dead and buried, bring Marin and Ba on - kill the game, score the 3rd... Oh no tactical genius at work again!

Interestingly Hope Apkan is a great player in FM took Crawley to Premiership title,and he was still playing in my first team :)

Under Mourinho even if there were 200 minutes left we still wouldn't concede a goal

on the other hand we'd scre a few more

Shit, looking back I made a typo.. What I meant to say is that Rafa is NOT only one to be blamed, sorry for confusion. He will need to take certain amount of stick but I find his subs logical and in the end of the day if players are shit, you can't get a result. Benitez hasn't been given a chance from the start by many fans and that kind of negativity is bringing the club down. That said, his formation isn't working, we are stuck in the last third like we used to be a few seasons ago.

I think I was one of the ones who did say to give him time and even gave him credit for what looked like defensive improvements, but last night was the final straw for me. His two substitutions made sense, but not bringing on Terry when we were playing with our backs to the wall was monumentally stupid.

And his explanation that he 'didn't have time' doesn't make it better. It actually makes him look inept.

Throw in the fact that once again we underestimated weak opposition by not fielding our strongest start XI and you have a manager who fucked a game from start to finish.

Rafa is a clown.....he cannot bring out the best in a team he inherits....instead facing the media and start complaining ow thin the squad is....OMG!!!my dear blue blood is draining cos of Rafa...he sucks...he body language of the players could tell you that....plus kiping your best striker on the bench and giving him a run out about 90mins of play....