Swansea v Chelsea

Jase

Cech

Azpi Iva JT Cole

Oscar Lamps

Hazard Mata Marin

Ba

Something like that would be great. Obviously it would be a big risk playing Oscar and Lampard in the pivot but being 0-2 down we really can't play it too safe. A couple of goals with an overly attacking lineup early on and some luck to keep them from scoring and then hopefully a couple substitutions to balance the midfield. Other alternative would be to start with the more balanced lineup and then take risky substitutions if the scoreline isn't good enough for us but I have lost all faith in Rafa's abilities to make good substitutions at the right time so that's no the way to go imo.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marin ?

Personally, I´d pretty surprised to see him tonight as a starter.

Who else are we going to start?

Something like that would be great. Obviously it would be a big risk playing Oscar and Lampard in the pivot but being 0-2 down we really can't play it too safe. A couple of goals with an overly attacking lineup early on and some luck to keep them from scoring and then hopefully a couple substitutions to balance the midfield. Other alternative would be to start with the more balanced lineup and then take risky substitutions if the scoreline isn't good enough for us but I have lost all faith in Rafa's abilities to make good substitutions at the right time so that's no the way to go imo.

With Luiz's injury and the fact Oscar is better at everything that Luiz offers offensively, I think it only makes sense. Rafa's subs only come on late so I believe he'll just come out with a very attacking lineup. I don't really want Cahill starting a game where they'll be counter attacking all game, but JT hasn't gotten minutes so I'm not sure who'll get the start.

the lineup will consist of the 3 amigos behind ba and rambo and lamps in the pivot.. benitez knows he has to come out on top after this game will play strongest line in order to do so.. man we are really missing moses' directness i have noticed and he didn't even feature in first ACON game

Last year Chelsea would win this, but this year we are far too unexperienced and unconsistant. Doubt we will go through, but I hope for the best.

Last year we were so inconsistent we finished outside the top 4 while we are comfortably on the top 3 atm

Last year we were so inconsistent we finished outside the top 4 while we are comfortably on the top 3 atm

Comfortable at the moment, but there's a lot of football left to be played. The final would actually mean moving the game away to Man City on 24/2 to a later date whilst some of the players could probably do with a rest.

Remember the game in Barcelona last year? Remember being 2-0 down? Nobody said it would be easy but we still managed it. Have some faith and fucking support this team! We're the CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE after all.

Yeah, but the team we are playing ain't Barca who controls the ball 80% of the time and we are not parking a buss against Swansea.