Swansea v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to change formation. Really badly.

Cech

Azpi - Cahill - JT - Cole

Luiz

Ramires - Oscar - Hazard

Mata

Ba

Cech

Azpi - Cahil - JT - Cole

Ramires - Luiz - Lampard

Mata - Ba - Hazard

Cech

Azpi - Cahill - JT - Cole

Ramires - Lampard

Oscar

Mata - Hazard

Ba

Ba has got to start, if Torres starts will will have an even bigger mountain to climb than we already have. what i mean by that is Torres will struggle to even get chances against Swansea but if Ba starts he will be more of a problem for Swansea's defence to deal with and will most likely get on the score sheet. It is crucial that we get the first goal and early. We must also show the determination we showed in the comeback(even though we were at home) against Napoli last season in the champions league.If we do that you never know we might just have to book those tickets for the final.

I think Oscar is probably more suitable in this game than Ramires so I agree with @Hutcho_CFC formation. Swansea is going to put 10 players in their final third to defend their shit out, Ramires' ability is not ideal for such tight space offensively.

Our performance of setpiece will be vital.

make no mistakes guys, we ARE out of this competition

I'd be inclined to agree with you, deffo not in our favour, and with our incosistency or lack of, we aren't going to be favourites to go through.

BUT, look at the positives -

We are better away from home,

Torres may not start

and if we score first...then it's game on. We have to be on them from the off. Nothing to lose.

make no mistakes guys, we ARE out of this competition

Hardly. Swansea like to come out and play against teams and they will be stuck between whether to play thier normal game or just trying to hold on which should help us. It won't be easy at all, but i think we still have a very good chance, and our away form is excellent.

Can i just ask people, are they really bothered about winning this cup? It's not like it's the FA Cup, the final four teams are us, Swansea, Villa and Bradford and at the end of it we're going to have a picture of Rafa Benitez lifting a trophy with our players.

Yes I'm aware it's a cup, but this cup has only ever meant something when it's part of something bigger (under Mourinho it was something nice on the way to winning a league) but on it's own, is it really something that noteworthy?

Put it like this - if Arsenal won it, wouldn't we all be saying they still haven't won anything for 7 years because it's only the Coca-Cola Cup? I know we should try and win everything we go in for but even if we won this trophy (after beating Bradford??), to me it would still be most memorable for us making our best players play almost 120 minutes against United's reserves before going away to Swansea and drawing 1-1 in the league.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic (can you blame me after this season) but is there anything more to this cup than being something Benitez can show as evidence for why he should keep his job?

Can i just ask people, are they really bothered about winning this cup? It's not like it's the FA Cup, the final four teams are us, Swansea, Villa and Bradford and at the end of it we're going to have a picture of Rafa Benitez lifting a trophy with our players.

Yes I'm aware it's a cup, but this cup has only ever meant something when it's part of something bigger (under Mourinho it was something nice on the way to winning a league) but on it's own, is it really something that noteworthy?

Put it like this - if Arsenal won it, wouldn't we all be saying they still haven't won anything for 7 years because it's only the Coca-Cola Cup? I know we should try and win everything we go in for but even if we won this trophy (after beating Bradford??), to me it would still be most memorable for us making our best players play almost 120 minutes against United's reserves before going away to Swansea and drawing 1-1 in the league.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic (can you blame me after this season) but is there anything more to this cup than being something Benitez can show as evidence for why he should keep his job?

we should have always played with the reserves in this, even against Utd

for the game tomorrow i would go with

Turnbull, Ake, Piazon, Bamford, Marin, Terry, Bertrand

but that's just me

Your forgetting the crucial point, that we are a club who try to win cups. We have for years and years always played strong teams in this cup and the fa cup. Arsenal haven't won this cup because they are not good enough... Yes they haven't always played their best team but they got beaten by bradford. We should try to win this because a cup is still a cup... And it is not about winning it with benitez or whatever, this is about the team winning it and the players, especially our younger ones getting their first taste of victory. Rafa winning the league cup isn't gonna change his chances of keeping the job or not, as we know all to well from past experience. Bottom line, we are a club who want to win things, like to win things, and ultimately (this season perhaps excluded do win things and i would still consider it important...