Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

With the midfield we have he doesn't need to play that well, just do the basics right.

Completely agree. I made this same point before we signed him and was called an idiot. With the likes of Mata and Hazard, all it takes is a good finisher and he can easily get 20 goals a season if he stays fit.

He'll get an avalanche of goals here because he doesn't over think like Torres he just hits it and it goes in naturally. He'll be a major pain in the backside for Arsenal today... I think he'll score today.

good to see you around! :)

That miss by him was truly shocking! :doh:

Perhaps this is said on hindsight but with him knowing a defender is in front of him, he should have just blasted it into the top corner rather than trying to place it into the bottom. Vermaelan, I think it was, would probably have lesser of a chance to prevent that shot from going in.

Apart from that, he did alright. Helped us to defend those late bombardment of corners from Arsenal and won 1-2 free kicks too.

Made up for that miss with the great work he did defending the last few corners.

You know one of torres's main assests is defending corners :ph34r:

I think BA has been great for us so far and can forgive him for that miss . i think he expected to hit it with more power than he actually did. i think if he had more time he would of scored.

Must play against Swansea tonight !

• 2 weeks later...

The Magpie fans are truly awful. They still kept on booing him when he was suffering from the pain of the nose. That's inhuman.

Absolutely true. I wanted our team to shut them up by taking the lead,..shame it didn't last long.

Can we address protest to FA about that challenge and broken nose of BA, and Cisses choke to Cole?

For Coloccini's challenge, not IMO. Yes his boots were pretty high but his intention there was always trying to clear the ball and prevent Ba from scoring. It was just an unfortunate accident. And besides, after all the negative headlines we have had in recent times, it would probably be best not to trying blowing this out of proportion.

As for Cisse's clash with Cole, the club didn't do anything and nothing was said when Toure kicked and slapped Mata last season. Don't expect anything different here.