Chelsea v Aston Villa

Jase

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite having a squad filled with youngsters, we can't afford to underestimate them whatsoever especially after what happened in this fixture last season. Furthermore, Villa are in decent form coming into this. They are unbeaten in their last 5 league games - W2 D3 - and 6 in all competitions - W3 D3.

On the plus side for us, the 5-1 win yesterday should help boost morale heading into this game and the return of Ramires and Cahill from suspension will help to give Benitez a bit more options.

I actually predicted they would beat Liverpool and then lose to us because I couldn't see them losing both games, but I didn't think they'd win both either (bizarre logic I know).

Despite their win, Liverpool should've put them away early. They had enough chances and I expect Villa will come for the draw. The key is locking down Benteke who has been rather impressive so far. It might be a good game to try Luiz in midfield again.

Honestly could see this game going in any direction. If Villa get their tactics spot on then we could see another game like the Stoke home one, but if they make a mistake early on then I can see the floodgates opening.

I wonder if they'll continue with the 3-4-3 Lambert employed against Liverpool.

Possibly. Played the same way against Stoke at home prior to that IIRC. Also, Lambert went with 3-5-2 at Norwich when we played them at home last season. Caused us plenty of problems before we got a lucky break through the penalty and Ruddy being sent off.