Jase

Man of the Match  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Home now but still buzzing could have been 10-0 :)

Torres played really well today and I was sat opposite Daves cross the minute he curled it into the box, knew we were gonna score :)

Luiz is a beast in midfield - Fellani who?

We don't need a new DM we have Luiz!!! And Lampard ;)

Keep playing this team FSW :)

Great result but Villa were pretty awful. Lots of promising things but hard to judge against such a poor team.

Hazard's work rate seems to have come on leaps and bounds though, and he didn't stop. Luiz stepped up again and apart from a few moments of complacency, he looked very comfortable so has to start there again. Lamps got a goal and got a great reception which will hopefully convince him to lower his expectations in terms of games and wage. Defence looked solid, although Benteke's attempts to stay onside were laughable.

Torres deserves credit for a fantastic goal. I said before the game that the first goal would be crucial and the floodgates did indeed open. Great to see Piazon get a run out and he didn't look at all out of place, although by then Villa were already on the bus home.

All in all a great result.

Don't want to criticize Villa as their a young team that is more for the future but we absolutely smashed them. Great performance. Its not that Villa exactly gave us the chances, we carved them open most of the time. Keep these results coming Rafa :D

Hoping this game has convinced the board to not be fucking idiots and to renew both Cole and Lampard's contracts.

I assume they'll renew them if it's an equitable deal for both parties. The club has this policy for players over the age of 30 and has to stick to it and if they can't come to an agreement, it'll be a shame. But both sides have to want to come to an agreement.

We re-write and set loads of new stats after the game today...

OptaJoe@OptaJoe

02:09 - Fernando Torres' goal is the earliest he has scored in the PL, beating 02:13 for Liverpool v Blackpool in January 2011. Rapid.

3 - Only Norwich have scored as many Premier League goals from direct free-kicks as Chelsea this season. Smash.

5 - Of the 5 defenders to score 5+ PL goals since the start of last season, 3 play for Chelsea (Ivanovic 7, Terry 7, Cahill 5). Versatile.

603 - Frank Lampard's goal was his first in the Premier League from outside the penalty area since April 2011, 603 days ago. Vintage.

8 - Of the last 18 Premier League games to see a team score 6+ goals, Chelsea are responsible for eight of them. Rampant.

8 - This is the 5th time that a team has won a Premier League game by a margin of 8+ goals & Chelsea are the 1st team to do this twice. Rout

8 - This was the first time in top flight history (3936 games) that Aston Villa have conceded 8+ goals in a game. Destroyed.

7 - This is the first time in Premier League history that seven different players have scored for the same team in one game. Landmark.

8 - The last team to see 7+ goalscorers in a top-flight game were Liverpool, with eight scorers in their 9-0 v Palace in Sept 89. Bonanza.

I have never seen such a one sided game in my whole life, Aston Villa couldn't do a thing, and everyime we went forward we had a goal scoring chance.

The scary thing is there keeper could be potential man of the match, he was brilliant.

David Luiz was great, i really do think he can be an answer to our midfield problems, i mean that. We still need new players but he will definitely make things easier.

I have never seen such a one sided game in my whole life, Aston Villa couldn't do a thing, and everyime we went forward we had a goal scoring chance.

The scary thing is there keeper could be potential man of the match, he was brilliant.

David Luiz was great, i really do think he can be an answer to our midfield problems, i mean that. We still need new players but he will definitely make things easier.

Agreed that is David's position now - end of :)

Oscar was also awesome today when he came on, the guy is class him and Piazon link up play just amazing :)

But Luiz gave us that bite in midfield he chased everything down, played forward was involved in EVERYTHING!!!!

Honestly it's like having a new signing, he was immense!!!

Agreed that is David's position now - end of :)

Oscar was also awesome today when he came on, the guy is class him and Piazon link up play just amazing :)

But Luiz gave us that bite in midfield he chased everything down, played forward was involved in EVERYTHING!!!!

Honestly it's like having a new signing, he was immense!!!

Definitely, it also means that he knows he has more protection so is less likely to make more mistakes because he has a bit more freedom... He is also physical, fast and got that flair, i really want to see him get a long spell in that role. Should be a great thing to see...

Definitely, it also means that he knows he has more protection so is less likely to make more mistakes because he has a bit more freedom... He is also physical, fast and got that flair, i really want to see him get a long spell in that role. Should be a great thing to see...

Yup he truly dominated it

Everybody sat near me was saying we've been asking for this for ages why didn't somebody do it before?

He's really great and I absolutely love him there because if he does fuck up less likely to concede a goal and me be angry at him!

The guy is another JT in terms of passion and putting it on the line - long may it continue!

If he had played midfield in CWC we would have won, I just know it...

Ramires is also a great sub for Lampard - so much energy finishing off the already tired defenders :)

Just buzzing at the possibilities for the future with KdB Josh etc

Luiz has done well when he's played there, but he still needs to show it against some top-level opposition before we can say he's definitely a midfielder. He looks composed and steady but had so little pressure today that I'd have been more surprised if he didn't.

It's encouraging but it's going to take time.

Luiz has done well when he's played there, but he still needs to show it against some top-level opposition before we can say he's definitely a midfielder. He looks composed and steady but had so little pressure today that I'd have been more surprised if he didn't.

It's encouraging but it's going to take time.

Bah Humbug :) :) :) :)

Let this old man have his Xmas dream :)

Don't shoot me with reality arrows :) well at least until Boxing Day :P