Chelsea 8-0 Aston Villa

Jase

Man of the Match  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Bloody hell! I just watched the game replay as I was busy today...

Had to change me pants!

RAPEFEST baby fucking RAPEFEST t'was!! :D

It was simply the best Chelsea game I witnessed in terms of attacking football and enjoyment. Lovely stuff from the lads and what I liked the most was the "run till you bleed when you lose the ball" approach.

Oh Norwich Norwich, save the children, hide the women and remove scoreboards! :ph34r:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have not got the chance to post about this match yet, so here is my chance. Fabulous win, 8-0 can you believe that. I think many people expected Villa to give us a game considering they were on a 5 game unbeaten run and destroyed Liverpool at Anfield. From goalkeeper to attack we were excellent, Benteke did not trouble us at all. Credit Benitez for sure. I like the way he has not just jumped on the bandwagon and playing the 'three amigos' all the time. This is the mistake RDM made, overplaying them and not enough rotation. Benitez can sense Oscar is a quality, young player but he still has some developing to do in the Premier League and when he has played Mata, Hazard and Moses we look much more threatening and there is more fluidity within the team. Moses had another brilliant game, tormented Villa's defence. Hazard picked up the form that many of us saw in the first stages of the season, he was just excellent today and good that he has another goal to his name.

I previously stated my contempt towards having Benitez here but I am not going to bare grudges against him when credit is due. Not just the fact that we won 8-0 but his tactical readings of the game is excellent which he needs credit for. I think he realises the team is more balanced when we have Moses and 2 other technical players such as Mata and Hazard. Moses with his pace and power while the other 2 are brilliant technical players so the team balances itself well as shown today and at Sunderland.

Also not many people have read into this but Lampard put in another top notch performance. Benitez saw that he started to get a bit tired, what does he do, put on Ramires against an opposition who look bereft of all confidence and then goes on to bag 2 goals. Brilliant managing from Benitez there. Would have liked to see Marin come on but oh well Benitez had different ideas and was justified. Brought on Oscar, 1 penalty, 2 assists, well make that 3 as he set up his own penalty. Ramires came on as already stated and got 2 goals and Piazon made 1 assists, earned another penalty and performed very well. Could not ask for any better, brilliant win. Hope the form continues!

Ruthlessly brilliant, brilliantly ruthless.

wouldn't say "Ruthless". missed a couple of sitters. Moses especially. through on goal with all the time in the world. although in hindsight, i am glad he missed because then the ball fell to Lampard :)

wouldn't say "Ruthless". missed a couple of sitters. Moses especially. through on goal with all the time in the world. although in hindsight, i am glad he missed because then the ball fell to Lampard :)

You can't expect a 100% conversion rate. Their keeper was in good form and was the difference between 8-0 and 10-0. Also, ruthlessness was displayed in terms of attitude; we didn't sit back on a comfortable lead.

You can't expect a 100% conversion rate. Their keeper was in good form and was the difference between 8-0 and 10-0. Also, ruthlessness was displayed in terms of attitude; we didn't sit back on a comfortable lead.

pity guzan though.

and also, the midfield overpowered villa. won the ball back whenever villa tried to string 2 passes together

important that we don't get carried away now. top 4 is the objective and rafa should take it game by game and see if we can challenge for the title. manchester clubs are shit so we might have an outside chance