Man of the Match  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This had the feeling of a friendly game, no intensity required from our lot. Hopefully this easy game doesn't make the players over confident for the Final because Corinthians are a tough nut to crack.

I must have been watching a different game - I really didnt think Hazard was that great... Yeah he had some runs, but often lost the ball and gave it away!

He tends to drop off late in matches. We need to have a close look at this. Fitness is key and tbh, he looks like he's carrying a bit of junk in the trunk. None the less, he did he's job when out was needed and he'll only get more fitness. Happy days.

I must have been watching a different game - I really didnt think Hazard was that great... Yeah he had some runs, but often lost the ball and gave it away!

I don't think anyone was exceptional, but Hazard just edged it with his key contributions today. But I could've gone for Mata or a couple of others too.

Luiz's role was probably the most noteworthy thing today. He's not going to replace Mikel but he could replace Ramires. On the ball he's really rather good and I actually enjoyed watching him. He adds another threat at set-pieces, more cover for the defence and he does get the ball forward quickly and accurately.

What was interesting about Torres's second goal is that 3 weeks ago, he doesn't hit that shot. He dribbles it and then loses it. That's confidence.

About a year ago i made post about why i wanted Luiz in the centre mid position and i swear half the Dick heads on here bagged me.

I wasn't here then, but I always thought it was a little bit misguided. He still has some positional issues to work out and he's by no means the finished article and both games were against weak opposition, but he's shown enough to earn another shot.

Good game, easy really.

Monterrey were unbelievably bad. Is the mexican league that bad??

Benitez has done a decent job with our defence and looks like our attack is benifiting from that and playing freely again.

Why Ferreira is still at Chelsea is beyond me. And even if he is still here, why on earth was he played today??

That too in the midfield/winger role?? WTF was that about?

We have Piazon, Marin, Ramires etc all on the bench.

When we are 3 nil up, Piazon MUST come on.

The reason our youngsters dont grow is because of instances like this.

Our club treats these kids with potential like suitcases. Carrying them around till they rot and then sell them off in the second hand market.

Happy with the win though.

Easy win. Started brightly in both halves, got the goals and then just completely switched off after that. Understandable here given the game has been killed off and with the games coming thick and fast.

The one thing I have noticed though is that we seem to be starting games on the front foot under Benitez, put the opposition under pressure, creating the chances and get the goal. Once we have done that, we take our foot off the pedal and starts to sit back resulting in letting the opposition back into the game. Slightly worrying it has to be said.