Man of the Match  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luiz's long expected stint remains as the sole real talking point, as predicted by many Monterrey, even though they threw everything they had at us, proved to be no match. I hope Luiz playing DM does not mean an injury to Ramires. No idea why we played all 3 maestros today, i always feel it is one to many. IMO Benitez could have rested one of them + Cole from the beginning while bringing Lamps in to the game for Mata after our 3rd goal. Corinthians are a different calibre. They will be fresher than us. Their midfield is really strong, physically and technically gifted. In front they have Paulo Guerrero who used to play for Bayern and Hamburg. He is as erratic as it gets. Usually he is shit but on his day he can do anything, but - as all of their players - has never played a team of our calibre either, so i would still make us massive favourites.

Benitez, what the hell? Ferreira? Poor Marko.

Yup - this is the ultimate PISS-TAKE... He deserves a run in the team - fucking Paulo instead of Marko - is taking the fucking piss... I've defended the fat cunt previously, but if he keeps pulling shit like this then fucking June can't come quick enough...

NONE of the players are being rotated PROPERLY - Piazon / Marin / Saville - what's the point of NOT playing them when cruising in a match! Playing them gives them vital experience and a chance to shine if they are called upon due to injury!

Say what you will about SAF and Arse'face'Wenger - but they KNOW how to rotate a squad and give players a chance...

Yup - this is the ultimate PISS-TAKE... He deserves a run in the team - fucking Paulo instead of Marko - is taking the fucking piss... I've defended the fat cunt previously, but if he keeps pulling shit like this then fucking June can't come quick enough...

NONE of the players are being rotated PROPERLY - Piazon / Marin / Saville - what's the point of NOT playing them when cruising in a match! Playing them gives them vital experience and a chance to shine if they are called upon due to injury!

Say what you will about SAF and Arse'face'Wenger - but they KNOW how to rotate a squad and give players a chance...

Maybe he put on Ferreira because Azpi was having a terrible time, despite the fact we were up 3-0? after that change i don't remember any problems down that side.

RDM didn't play Marin either, i'm not going to pretend like i know why, but i'm also not going to make a big deal out of it.

And on Piazon and Saville, they will get their chance in the league cup.

I am a Chelsea season ticket holder in Japan and went to the match tonight. I sat with plenty of other Chelsea fans and heard no chants against Rafa whatsoever. Yes, a few stood up at 16 minutes and sung for Robbie D, but certainly not the majority. To say the traveling fans were singing against Rafa is downright dishonesty and brings shame to this newspaper. Please report the truth. It really is not too much to ask for that us it?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2247500/Monterrey-1-Chelsea-3--match-report.html#ixzz2EwsUf2TS
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook one commentator

DAILY MAIL IS SHITT.

About a year ago i made post about why i wanted Luiz in the centre mid position and i swear half the Dick heads on here bagged me.

It'll be interesting to see Luiz play that role against tougher oppositions because I think he lacks discipline to play the holding role.

Luiz's long expected stint remains as the sole real talking point, as predicted by many Monterrey, even though they threw everything they had at us, proved to be no match. I hope Luiz playing DM does not mean an injury to Ramires. No idea why we played all 3 maestros today, i always feel it is one to many. IMO Benitez could have rested one of them + Cole from the beginning while bringing Lamps in to the game for Mata after our 3rd goal. Corinthians are a different calibre. They will be fresher than us. Their midfield is really strong, physically and technically gifted. In front they have Paulo Guerrero who used to play for Bayern and Hamburg. He is as erratic as it gets. Usually he is shit but on his day he can do anything, but - as all of their players - has never played a team of our calibre either, so i would still make us massive favourites.

I also believe that Chelsea is the most favorite game. But respect never hurts! Corinthians is no Monterrey and has a 6 players that are good. I'll be happy to come back here on Sunday after the game to see what I say about the Corinthians ...

Good win today. We barely even got out of second gear and still comfortably won. Some key points:

The bad:

- Monterrey's goal. Not sure what happened. Luckily it meant more than nothing.

- Is it just me or is Mikel getting worse? He just never does something that makes go "Wow, he's good".

The good:

- Torres scored again, that's three games in a row which is (I could be wrong), the best he's done in Chelsea colors?

- Oscar was good. Not great, but good. Can't wait to see a 24 year old Oscar with experience.

- FSW knows what he's doing. I hate admitting it.

The great:

- Mata/Hazard - Brilliant linking plays between the two. Hazard tore them a new asshole with his speed. Mata was Mata. which is awesome.

- Cahill/Ivanovic - Solid defending. Held down the fort so damn well!

- Luiz - I've been calling for a midfield role for him, and I think he just showed the haters what he can do. He's capable of great things and I thinks he has the potential to be a Chelsea captain and legend.

Missed it as I was in college, But glad we won obviously. Was sat next to a mate who supports Liverpool and hates Torres. You should of seen his face drop when I told him he'd scored!

Can't really say much on the game As i didn't watch it, Mata's goal looked a class goal. Was a great team build up and a nice finish. Torres' I don't know how it was given as his as it looked like it was going wide and a terrible shot, Nevertheless can't complain if he's being given goals. And for the third, Torres' cross was a good ball. Then Mata did well to put it back into the danger area and force the own-goal.

Also glad D.Luiz got to play in Midfield. Heard he played well? Its better him playing there. In defense, If he messes up. It puts the team at risk, In midfield. It isn't as much of a risk as he's got the back-four behind him. Not saying its alright for him to mess up, Just saying I'd much rather him mess about in midfield...Than at the back!