UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

While some people here are wishing for really tough opponents, just want to point out 4 of our PL games immediately after the group stage games will be against United, Liverpool, City and Sunderland...

While some people here are wishing for really tough opponents, just want to point out 4 of our PL games immediately after the group stage games will be against United, Liverpool, City and Sunderland...

with the depth we have now, we should be able to manage a toughish group with PL but i definitely don't want Dortmund, Juve and Valencia

Indeed, all the more reason why we need to draw lesser teams in the CL, so we can rest players for the PL, which has to take priority.

Lillie or PSG will be an almost certainty for obvious reason's.

I agree with Term and Strike, i would like the weakest teams in each pot if humanly possible, no more last day nerves this term, although having said that our group stage struggles probably ended up being used as a form of motivation as the tournament went on.

Schalke, Braga and Copenhagen would be OK for me because all would be quite good away days and would be good matches without being too difficult for the games we have the following weekend. And we would avoid a fight with some Celtic fans

Have the edited the first post after tonight's results and it has affected the lineup for the pots a bit.

1. Braga's win over Udinese puts them straight into the Pot 2. There will be 3 Portuguese teams in the CL this season while there are only 2 Italian teams in Milan and Juventus.

2. With Malaga beating Panathinaikos, it pushes PSG into Pot 3 which is in the same pot as Juventus.

3. Ajax will now be in the Pot 3 as the last spot in Pot 2 will be down to between Dynamo Kiev and Olympiacos.

On another note, I hope we don't get Valencia. That draw is getting a tad boring.

:rant:

I hope we do get Valencia! It's very difficult for that to happen again but it would be amazing. It would mean I could go and watch Chelsea live again!

If they are not in the same group I hope they don't play the same day so I can watch both matches.