UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Thanks!

We'll see who wins. We understand perfectly that to become champions here it's not enough to be better, we need to be 3x better, good enough to beet the 4-3-3-3 formation. :rolleyes:

Every avatar with Pablo in it is great ^_^

Amen :D.

I like Benfica and would've loved for them to reach the semis but sadly we will have to beat you guys.

I am half portuguese and have supported Benfica since I was a child, so this will certainly be an interesting tie for me. But I have blue blood so I will always support Chelsea.

But Benfica are capable of very good performances, we must not underestimate them.

Welcome to the forum mate. Eusebio is a legend.

I am not sure about the decision to fire AVB. I think this season would have continued to be bad with him aboard, but I also think if we would've kept him that he could've done something magnificent next season with his own players.

Thanks, happy to be here.

Have you ever been to Portugal? Do you usually watch Benfica?

Thanks, happy to be here.

Have you ever been to Portugal? Do you usually watch Benfica?

I go each year, we own a house in Vilamoura, Algarve. And no I'm afraid I haven't watched them enough this season, mostly just in the big games (vs. Sporting and Porto, and the CL). But I went to a game at Estádio da Luz vs. Braga a few years ago, the stadium is simply amazing, outshines the huuuge mall right next to it.

But I have seen them enough to know not to underestimate them, Gaitan, Aimar, Witsel, Saviola, Cardozo. These are quality players.

I go each year, we own a house in Vilamoura, Algarve. And no I'm afraid I haven't watched them enough this season, mostly just in the big games (vs. Sporting and Porto, and the CL). But I went to a game at Estádio da Luz vs. Braga a few years ago, the stadium is simply amazing, outshines the huuuge mall right next to it.

But I have seen them enough to know not to underestimate them, Gaitan, Aimar, Witsel, Saviola, Cardozo. These are quality players.

In the 09/10 season, right? The match that decided the champion :D .

Those you metioned are some of our key players. Also Luisão, Garay, Javi, Maxi, Artur (it's been said that united has an eye on him)... There are also some young powers like Nelson Oliveira, the Silver Ball, Top Scorer and Vice Champion of the U20 World Cup, and Rodrigo, the kid that came from Real Madrid and that was on loan to Bolton last season. Great expectations in these 2 kids + Witsel and Gaitán.

Saviola is just not the same anymore. He still is a very talented and experienced player but he doesn't have much more to offer in the pitch than Cardozo and the kids. Would say he is going to leave next summer. Hopefully Aimar holds up a few more seasons.

Yep...complacency must be shut out but i cant help but think barcelona - revenge - final..........

On the subject of Portuguese stadiums, Braga's stadium is probably the most beautiful sporting arena anywhere in the world:

article-1332356-0C349C35000005DC-622_634x371.jpg

It's cut out of a mountain! How awesome is that!

I was there in september for their game against my local team (Club Brugge).

It's quite impressive actually.

302406_254399011268684_100000957619982_642522_74248181_n.jpg

299205_2456841457564_1147944239_32977200_776890935_n.jpg

2014 Champions League Final will be played at the Cathedral of Light :getin:

Btw, Benfica is playing against Porto today at 20:45 (League Cup Semi-finals). Check it out :yes:

Thanks for that. Will do, need to find out more about Benefica.

Thanks for that. Will do, need to find out more about Benefica.

:yes:

Benfica's starting eleven:

Eduardo; Maxi Pereira, Luisão, Jardel and Capdevila; Javi Garcia an Witsel; Bruno César, Aimar and Nolito; Nélson Oliveira.

Bench:

Artur, Cardozo, Gaitán, Matic, Miguel Vítor, Saviola and Luís Martins.

:yes:

Benfica's starting eleven:

Eduardo; Maxi Pereira, Luisão, Jardel and Capdevila; Javi Garcia an Witsel; Bruno César, Aimar and Nolito; Nélson Oliveira.

Bench:

Artur, Cardozo, Gaitán, Matic, Miguel Vítor, Saviola and Luís Martins.

Gaitan and Saviola on bench? :blink:

2014 Champions League Final will be played at the Cathedral of Light :getin:

Btw, Benfica is playing against Porto today at 20:45 (League Cup Semi-finals). Check it out :yes:

Go Porto! :P

And by the way, when is Benfica playing Olhanense this week? Friday or Saturday? I'm seeing different dates for that game!