West Brom 2-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man Of The Match   

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Alright ive said it before,

The reason why Cahill isnt as criticized because if anything he's, over achieving, we didnt expect what he's done, he's outshown his price tag and our expectations,

David Luiz on the other hand is expected to be amazing he had all the hype to be so, and he's been pretty poor,

This is why luiz gets more stick then cahill, and rightly so.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why Cahill isnt as criticized because if anything he's, over achieving, we didnt expect what he's done, he's outshown his price tag and our expectations,

Cahill was the most under-rated player in our squad when he signed, he was getting dismissed as "only a Bolton player", now he is "captain material, new JT", it's like some want to compensate for other's harshly dismissing him on arrival.

My opinion of him however has been the same from day one, a good squad player.

When it comes to fans attitude Cahill is the new Torres

If he has a bad game it's covered up and the blame shifted on some else (Man.Utd, Athletico) if he has a good game (Barca at home) he's the second coming of Christ.

He has been just as unconvincing as Luiz in recent weeks yet gets no slack, im not defending Luiz his performances have been shite too, but it bemuses me how Gary is getting wrapped up in cotton wool.

i think its fair. Luiz has been worse recently. Cahill was excellent against ManU - LC, Swansea - alongside Iva and against Liverpool - alongside Iva again. Not blaming Luiz but you see, Luiz's mistakes are directly costing the club points. Plus, the worst thing is they are completely Avoidable. can't excuse Luiz now. i always thought he would transform into a solid defender in the future but 2 years on from signing, i don't think that will ever happen.

Luiz makes mistakes even when he has a good game. against Newcastle earlier in the season, he blindly tried to play his way out of trouble and was robbed off possession. Had Papiss Cisse scored, fans would have said Luiz was poor etc. He didnt score and it became a minor blotch in an otherwise good game. All these errors are simply that much more frustrating than Cahill.

Plus, Luiz is First Choice defender (a pathetic one at that) and Cahill is a squad rotation player who's exceeding expectations

i think its fair. Luiz has been worse recently. Cahill was excellent against ManU - LC, Swansea - alongside Iva and against Liverpool - alongside Iva again. Not blaming Luiz but you see, Luiz's mistakes are directly costing the club points. Plus, the worst thing is they are completely Avoidable. can't excuse Luiz now. i always thought he would transform into a solid defender in the future but 2 years on from signing, i don't think that will ever happen.

Luiz makes mistakes even when he has a good game. against Newcastle earlier in the season, he blindly tried to play his way out of trouble and was robbed off possession. Had Papiss Cisse scored, fans would have said Luiz was poor etc. He didnt score and it became a minor blotch in an otherwise good game. All these errors are simply that much more frustrating than Cahill.

I wouldnt say ever, but it'll take so long and cost us so much it might as well be,

He needs to go the DM and if he dosent work out well much as i like him, he has to go.

@Strike, I assume your talking about the United CC game? because he was terrible in the league one.

Both Cahill and Luiz perform better without each other, Luiz had games with Ivan last season and looked good too and if he played against Swansea and Liverpool im sure similar would have happened to his performance to what did with Cahill, it's just those two together brings our the worst in eachother.

@Strike, I assume your talking about the United CC game? because he was terrible in the league one.

Both Cahill and Luiz perform better without each other, Luiz had games with Ivan last season and looked good too and if he played against Swansea and Liverpool im sure similar would have happened to his performance to what did with Cahill, it's just those two together brings our the worst in eachother.

probably. both played poor on saturday. couldn't handle Shane Long at all. i think Azpilicueta should continue at Right-Back and Ivanovic should play Central Defence till Terry returns