Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

8 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

Fine vision and execution.

Immense. Been waiting for him to translate that part of his game to the senior level, and we saw some flashes today. Really nice cameo. Deserves more game time imo. Would like to see a Hazard Morata Musonda front three. 

Injuries have stalled him big time. I feel like Conte likes him enough to have used him a lot more this season. 

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

Immense. Been waiting for him to translate that part of his game to the senior level, and we saw some flashes today. Really nice cameo. Deserves more game time imo. Would like to see a Hazard Morata Musonda front three. 

Injuries have stalled him big time. I feel like Conte likes him enough to have used him a lot more this season. 

On the contrary, I don't think Conte rates him very much but that could be due to how lightweight Charly is. There have been plenty of times Conte could've trusted Charly and given him playing time but preferred not to and yes his injuries have been very annoying. I can't help but feel that if Charly had been at some other club, he would've already had his big breakout year and we would have been clamoring for his signature. 

10 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

On the contrary, I don't think Conte rates him very much but that could be due to how lightweight Charly is. There have been plenty of times Conte could've trusted Charly and given him playing time but preferred not to and yes his injuries have been very annoying. I can't help but feel that if Charly had been at some other club, he would've already had his big breakout year and we would have been clamoring for his signature. 

Valid points. His football brain is very good, it’s just about getting up to speed in the top level in a team where he’s surrounded by good players in a good system. And, like you said, he needs to add a few more pounds on so that he feels more comfortable playing at the top level - sometimes I do feel like he gets brushed off too easily. He does look a little bit bigger though.

Would love to see a Hazard Morata Musonda front three but it’ll never happen under Conte. 

Charly lack of playing I think comes down to three things. 1) fitness/injuries 2)his size 3) the social media post earlier in the year .. We all know Conte holds grudges and it took Charly working hard in training cleaning up his act on social media and working at staying healthy to get him near the squad like this again.. I believe he continues working hard and puts on some additional mass and he could really be something special for us

2 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Valid points. His football brain is very good, it’s just about getting up to speed in the top level in a team where he’s surrounded by good players in a good system. 

Would love to see a Hazard Morata Musonda front three but it’ll never happen under Conte. 

Yeah he just needs regular playing time to show and hone his talent. I just don't see him making it over here right now which is a shame. We already have Barkley, Eden, Pedro and Willian for the forward positions and even if one or both of Willian and Pedro leave in the summer then they will be or at least I hope will be replaced by players like Fekir or Lemar not to mention the possibility of the return of RLC who could also play as inside forward in a pinch so I don't see any room for Charly which is a sad as we both know he has got the talent to make it over here. I'd like a 2 year loan for him akin to Christensen's in the hope that he develops himself mentally and physically during his loan spell and after the end of it who knows there might be openings for Charly over here.

When you think we only have Morata-Batman-Willian-Hazard-Pedro as our main attacking threat , we need pimping up in this area 4sure , hope Charly is part of the answer , but if we are to improve we probly need another next Robben/Hazard in the side also plus a striker blah blah blah 

Celtic ‘closing in’ on Chelsea youngster set for loan move after Newcastle match

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/1/27/16939482/celtic-closing-in-on-chelsea-youngster-set-for-loan-move-after-newcastle-match

mmm pissed if this goes thru on many levels!:fist:

15 minutes ago, mccg said:

Celtic ‘closing in’ on Chelsea youngster set for loan move after Newcastle match

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/1/27/16939482/celtic-closing-in-on-chelsea-youngster-set-for-loan-move-after-newcastle-match

mmm pissed if this goes thru on many levels!:fist:

worse place to sent him he's to good to be playing in that poor league fs 

8 hours ago, the wes said:

worse place to sent him he's to good to be playing in that poor league fs 

Yeah with Willians hammy gone and Pedro being Pedro , we nearly need him to stay and step up to the plate and grab the chance?! Wait until the summer now ffs

Celtic's a good fit. People argue that the SPL is weaker than the Championship, but Celtic are twice the team of any Championship one. Better coaches at the club, more demanding mentality, more consistently in cup finals, and they always have some level of European action. It could be argued that it's bad to have low-level opposition, but I think it's a good thing for Charly to get used to winning, and being proactive instead of reactive. Charly isn't even a player who needs to be playing against the top players of the world to develop: he just needs games full-stop: and the SPL should surely make a man out of him. Even Sinclair's become tough.

It's almost mad to think that within a space of just a few years, 2 players who entered their ripe stage with Celtic (Van Djik + Dembele) will gross around 100m+. 2 players, from Celtic's tutelage, 100m. 2018.

Finally, from Charly's POV, building a relationship with Celtic is only a good thing considering that their players eventually transfer to top clubs elsewhere these days. If we jerk him around, or don't want him (...), it'd be wise for him if he could return for a 2nd-stint with Celtic right away to continue building his reputation. 

3 hours ago, Leif said:

Celtic's a good fit. People argue that the SPL is weaker than the Championship, but Celtic are twice the team of any Championship one. Better coaches at the club, more demanding mentality, more consistently in cup finals, and they always have some level of European action. It could be argued that it's bad to have low-level opposition, but I think it's a good thing for Charly to get used to winning, and being proactive instead of reactive. Charly isn't even a player who needs to be playing against the top players of the world to develop: he just needs games full-stop: and the SPL should surely make a man out of him. Even Sinclair's become tough.

It's almost mad to think that within a space of just a few years, 2 players who entered their ripe stage with Celtic (Van Djik + Dembele) will gross around 100m+. 2 players, from Celtic's tutelage, 100m. 2018.

Finally, from Charly's POV, building a relationship with Celtic is only a good thing considering that their players eventually transfer to top clubs elsewhere these days. If we jerk him around, or don't want him (...), it'd be wise for him if he could return for a 2nd-stint with Celtic right away to continue building his reputation. 

100% agree pal. 

Celtic has been an excellent platform for guys and in the past the likes of van Dijk, Wanyama, Forster have gone from Celtic to the PL and now are all pretty good established players. VVD still think nowhere near £75m but that is what it is. Moussa Dembele will move eventually and Patrick Roberts is bound to make a name for himself in the PL too (Man City player but can't see him getting a huge chance there) although hes been injured a lot this season. Charly just needs games, hes got ability, he just needs a run of games and to build himself up to being used to playing 30-40 games a season because physically he isn't much, the intensity and physicality in the SPL will give him a good understanding of how football can be against teams where you have 60-70% of the ball. Like you said as well he will develop a winning mentality too at Celtic, they are clear favourites for everything but with the 6-10 games in Europe they get each season too its a decent opportunity for him to get used to playing against some bigger teams as well. I think as long as Rodgers is at Celtic, we should look at some of these younger kids coming through and try to make some sort of arrangement, not even only with Celtic, Steve Clarke is at Killie, we seen Hudson-Odoi come on and look good in a short space of time today, imagine if he had the chance to play 30-40 games a season in Scotland? He'd be a good player for somebody there. 

Yeah to be fair, a player like Musonda won't develop playing in a premier league team that chases the ball all game long and fights relegation. Rodgers is a proven top coach, who won't play him out of position (on the wings). And intends to use him in central midfield/n10 role. A couple of apps in europe are an added bonus too.