Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

Not used today. 

Struggling to establish himself now as Rodgers struggles (well, ultimately failed) in Europe, amounting different pressures on him. Then, the fact Rangers are just 9 or so points behind despite vastly different budgets etc - he's being squeezed to play the true Celtic players who'll be there beyond next season. Otherwise he faces even more heat from Celtic supporters for nurturing a player which isn't even theirs. 

If they hadn't been whooped by Zenit, I think the rest of this loan would've gone incredibly. Now, I think it'll simply be an average loan. I think it'll be hard from now on.

• 3 weeks later...

Been an unused sub for their last 3 league games smh. Not good at all and not what I expected. Was expecting him to show what he is really about. Interesting to see where he is playing next season.

3 hours ago, Stats said:

Been an unused sub for their last 3 league games smh. Not good at all and not what I expected. Was expecting him to show what he is really about. Interesting to see where he is playing next season.

Hasn't done any of note for Celtic since than assist v Zenit, just a highlights player really, no substance to his game, no end product.. Can't believe people were honestly expecting him to start ahead of Willian and Pedro earlier in the season before we loaned him out. Absolute madness. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hasn't done any of note for Celtic since than assist v Zenit, just a highlights player really, no substance to his game, no end product.. Can't believe people were honestly expecting him to start ahead of Willian and Pedro earlier in the season before we loaned him out. Absolute madness. 

Just shows how fickle people are. I remember people claiming he is better than Willian. People love to live in the spur of the moment. As soon as Willian drops off a bit, your going to get ridiculous comments again.

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

Just shows how fickle people are. I remember people claiming he is better than Willian. People love to live in the spur of the moment. As soon as Willian drops off a bit, your going to get ridiculous comments again.

and Eden drops off completely off the radar and doesn't get the half the shit.

10 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Spot on. Charly is ridiculously overrated. He can dribble the ball around until the cows come home... the odd decent pass here and there, that's it.

On 19/03/2018 at 5:54 AM, DDA said:

Spot on. Charly is ridiculously overrated. He can dribble the ball around until the cows come home... the odd decent pass here and there, that's it.

Glad that people who watch performances and judge what they see honestly are now commenting on Charly. Many posts over the last two years have been too generous about his output. There was a time when the super positive opinions in here bore very little resemblance to the performances I was watching our young Belgian turn in for Betis.

We’re Chelsea fans; of course we want the very best for Charly, but just wishing it won’t make it so. The penny has to drop very soon that, if he is to succeed at any kind of level, he needs to remodel his game. He must abandon any lingering belief that the hype surrounding his performances in that first spell at Betis was anything but the purest honeymoon reaction. Charly has a lot of thinking and a lot of work to do. I wish him well with it.

Is it bold to make such a prediction like he will be McEachran 2.0? Cant get in the Celtic team at all. When he does he doesn't do anything of note. Crazy people believed he had more right to start than Willian or Pedro earlier in the season, even Boga looks better and more consistent than him. 

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Is it bold to make such a prediction like he will be McEachran 2.0? Cant get in the Celtic team at all. When he does he doesn't do anything of note. Crazy people believed he had more right to start than Willian or Pedro earlier in the season, even Boga looks better and more consistent than him. 

Boga has issues with end product and sharp decision making which will ultimately see to any chance he has with us. CHO looks light years ahead of both.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Boga has issues with end product and sharp decision making which will ultimately see to any chance he has with us. CHO looks light years ahead of both.

CHO looks like he can impact games already even though he’s much younger than the two. He seems more ‘ready’ than those two ever were... it’s about whether they can consistently cope with the pace of the game at senior, top quality level - Musonda nor Boga have shown this. 

14 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

CHO looks like he can impact games already even though he’s much younger than the two. He seems more ‘ready’ than those two ever were... it’s about whether they can consistently cope with the pace of the game at senior, top quality level - Musonda nor Boga have shown this. 

I feel with the new batch of 17-18 year olds in general that they seem a lot more set to challenge for a first team place than the last bunch. With Boga, Musonda, Ruben, Kenedy i feel they lack in too many areas to be serious first team players for us whereas the likes of Mount, CHO and Ampadu look like they belong at the top level (Mount's played in the Europa League and looked excellent, small sample size but still).

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Agree completely, undoubtedly Boga's chances here sailed years ago but he looks more ready to play regularly. Think CHO should be a regular feature for us in the next 3-5 years if he can continue to develop and score a loan move somewhere where he can be productive like Tammy in the Championship for example unless a manager was to be brave enough and put him right in (dont want to jinx anything but haha). He isn't exactly short of confidence for a 17/18 year old (little bit like Raheem Sterling when he played against Man City in his Liverpool debut I think it was - fuck knows why I know that but) and also I think he has a little bit of a maturity and understanding in his game, which is what I think will make him stand out along with Ampadu here. 

• 2 weeks later...

5th league game in a row he has been an unused sub. BR has not even bothered to bring him on. That is worrying. I thought he was going to tear up this league. Can't even get a game. The last time he started a game was on the 18th of February against St Johnstone.

10 hours ago, Stats said:

5th league game in a row he has been an unused sub. BR has not even bothered to bring him on. That is worrying. I thought he was going to tear up this league. Can't even get a game. The last time he started a game was on the 18th of February against St Johnstone.

Because is pretty average. He doesn't do enough to warrant a start or to even be used as a sub.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Loaning someone to Brendan Rodgers is always a bad idea. Who knew...?

Bertrand did okay when we sent him to Brendan. Maybe we should try loaning him players that are actually good enough.