Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

• 3 weeks later...

If people are still wound up over RLC, can't imagine if this guy leaves. He was good for a brief period for Betis, but in Spain players are more protected and it's a more technical league. This guy is tiny. He can get bullied off the ball easily. He's got quite good feet though. 

1 hour ago, -Kaplan- said:

If people are still wound up over RLC, can't imagine if this guy leaves. He was good for a brief period for Betis, but in Spain players are more protected and it's a more technical league. This guy is tiny. He can get bullied off the ball easily. He's got quite good feet though. 

Idd, even Morata is struggling with the physiccality. I wonder though because he's being linked again with Arsenal, i wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea sells him this january. 

41 minutes ago, Shakez said:

Idd, even Morata is struggling with the physiccality. I wonder though because he's being linked again with Arsenal, i wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea sells him this january. 

I don't blame the kid wanting to leave if the rumours are true especially when we have out of form Willian getting ahead of him in the team we could end with another KDB Situation again if Musonda turns into a cracking player 

3 hours ago, Shakez said:

If Conte does get backed during the window, and with our midfielders coming back, I don't see how he doesn't go. Antonio's back is against the wall and he wouldn't risk these games on Musonda. He's seeing something in practice(??)

He's basically in the same position as Jack Wilshere at Arsenal. Probably worse.

4 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

It's because they can't risk it.  Don't win, get sacked.

It doesn't even matter if they get sacked because they will find another club sooner or later...

Managers at Chelsea don't want to play the youth because they don't care.  They know it's a short term gig, so why bother 'helping' the club in the long run?

You either trust a manager for a longer period of time (United, Arsenal, Everton with Moyes, Liverpool with Rafa) or you go for the win-now mentality (Chelsea with Mourinho and Conte). 

2 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Managers at Chelsea don't want to play the youth because they don't care.  They know it's a short term gig, so why bother 'helping' the club in the long run?

Come on bud you don't really believe that do you.

So you might have the next Messi in the ranks but don't play him because it's "helping the club in the long run"

The club would sooner trust players like Willian because he is the 'safe' bet, that's where we fall down massively in introducing these kids, we will not take risks even though the player he would be displacing is massively falling short.

34 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I said it before you need coaches like Bielsa at the club to bring these youths to the next level. 

That is what pochetino from, pochetino is from the Bielsa school and look at what he is doing? 

I think it is what's the club wants more than managers ... Our is a single point agenda, we need to win a title which doesnt allow the manager to do experiment much because the moment we lose couple of games the manager is directly under pressure from all quarters. The mindset of the board has to change first before we point to the manager.

Maybe now's the time to experiment because the title is as good as gone for us. In fact, it was already lost during the summer and everyone apart from delusional board members knows this. There shouldn't be that much pressure because we're competing for the 4th position with Liverpool and Arsenal and both of those teams are constantly dropping points. So let's give the youth a chance to prove their worth because clearly some of the senior members aren't up to the task at the moment. Ampadu, Kenedy and Musonda all deserve a run of games in the league and obviously Christensen as well who should be a regular starter anyways.

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

Maybe now's the time to experiment because the title is as good as gone for us. In fact, it was already lost during the summer and everyone apart from delusional board members knows this. There shouldn't be that much pressure because we're competing for the 4th position with Liverpool and Arsenal and both of those teams are constantly dropping points. So let's give the youth a chance to prove their worth because clearly some of the senior members aren't up to the task at the moment. Ampadu, Kenedy and Musonda all deserve a run of games in the league and obviously Christensen as well who should be a regular starter anyways.

We were 8 points behind City after only 6 games last season and won the title. I don't see us being out of the race just yet, but I know our chances will be over should we drop points this weekend. 

Ampadu certainly should have been given a chance at some point during Kante's absence.

9 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

It doesn't even matter if they get sacked because they will find another club sooner or later...

You either trust a manager for a longer period of time (United, Arsenal, Everton with Moyes, Liverpool with Rafa) or you go for the win-now mentality (Chelsea with Mourinho and Conte). 

I suppose.  Getting sacked from Chelsea is no big deal.  It's not like it's a blemish on your record, it's almost a right of passage.

I do think that manager's still don't want to be sacked (even if it ultimately doesn't matter), but win now and playing the youth don't really mix very well.  Not many get that balance right.