Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

Like a few have said, strange timing around all this.

I can image conte taking some time off over the internationals. Plus, unless something has been said this week would have thought Musonda would be on the bench this weekend with a good shout of some minutes. Morata and Kante seemingly out injured, luiz suspended still and Willian 1) out of form and 2) playing for Brazil tomorrow morning- which means he wont get back to London until Thursday at the earliest.

does make me wonder what goes on, however we really cant perfect the transition from the best crop of under18's to the first team regardless of the Musonda drama 

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

This is what I don't get. Like, why the hell post this now unless Conte has already told him a week in advance that he won't be in the match day squad against Palace which I doubt has happened.

Perhaps it has something to do with contract talks that didn't go too well.

8 hours ago, Leif said:

If he leaves, it's time to stop being passive observers and finally, as a collective fanbase, many in person, officially protest.

Until then, the board & Roman are laughing at us donkeys, if they can even hear our internet posts in the first place (doubtful). In 2002, banners & chants would sort this out. In 2017, the majority will think forum & Twitter posts are doing something, and won't bring any energy to any other part of the game to trigger the change needed.

Sad affairs. The fans fault as much as the board's IMHO.

If Roman and the board listened to the fans Ranieri would have stayed and we would never have got Jose.

If Roman and the board listened to the fans Cudicini would have stayed in the team and Cech would have either never joined or quickly left after a year on the bench.

If Roman and the board listened to the fans we would have abandoned the signing of Hazard so it wouldn't ruin the development of Kakuta.

If Roman and the board listened to the fans AVB would have got given time alas no Champions League.

If Roman and the board listened to the fans Jose would have got unlimited time in 2015 to turn things around and Antonio Conte would probably the United manager right now.

6 hours ago, lucio said:

maybe he was expecting to get time ahead of a player performing horribly (willian), but poor senior players will always get the nod over talented players without a pricetag

That's the problem with Chelsea regardless of who's in charge. There is no reason Willian should be ahead of him right now IMO.

However, I disapprove of his Insta post. Do your talking on the pitch, training field, etc.

Charly Musonda Jr left Anderlecht, the Belgian club that trained him, for Chelsea, with a disgusting attitude towards his club, at the time.

Recently he declined his selection for the Belgium national team U21 because he wanted to be part of the first team. Again his attitude was not appreciated at all. By the coach of U21, by the fans, and by Roberto Martinez, the coach of first team. As a consequence, it is likely that he won't be selected in the squad for the World Cup.

Now, he is spitting at Chelsea. Same attitude again. No team spirit at all. This young guy is just big headed.

Chelsea must be tough with him. His attitude is unacceptable once again. If he is not happy, get rid of him and he will end up nowhere, alike numerous talented guys of his sort that have not proven anything but believed they are the new Messi and Ronaldo.

Let's teach him a lesson as he experienced with Belgian national team.

5 hours ago, BXL70 said:

Now, he is spitting at Chelsea. Same attitude again. No team spirit at all. This young guy is just big headed.

Very emotional player. From crying on scoring his first goal to this very public meltdown. It's adversity where you see your mental strength tested and professional football is as much about how mentally tough you are as well as how good you are on the ball. 

Countless talents have lost their way because their emotions aren't channeled into their game. Those who can are your Diego Costa's of this world. Those who can't are your Mario Balotelli's. Musonda is at an age where he should be playing football at the highest level but this won't help. Even if Chelsea are holding him back he's got options to seek a move away a lot more cautiously.

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

If he leaves, it's time to stop being passive observers and finally, as a collective fanbase, many in person, officially protest.

Tf dude :lol:

The grass is always greener isn't it. All this short-term shit aside, we're still one of the biggest clubs in England and Europe thanks to the board and our owner. Maybe we don't like the way they're doing certain things now but they're not running us like Arsenal. 2 PL titles in 3 years is nothing to complain about, back in the Champions League, new stadium on the way, now you want to protest?

Man we'd be out of existence rn dude.

5 hours ago, Georgy said:

We will fuck this one up like Bruyne aren't we?..

Not quite the same. Charley has done f all thus far in his career. De Bruyne had 10 goals 10 assists for Werder Bremen and had 4 goals and 4 assists for Belgium for WC qualifying. De Bruyne was even MotM V Hull. I think Charley is talented but he hasn't shown himself to be a potential WC class player to this point. 

10 hours ago, Georgy said:

We will fuck this one up like Bruyne aren't we?..

To be fair De Bruyne was included in the squad after a successful loan, started well first few games and then looked off the pace against Man United before playing extremely poorly in a league against a league one side then decided to leave after being demoted to train with reserves/u21s or 23s, then the rest is history, if he stayed here he’d of been half the player he is today. I don’t think the Chelsea first team under Jose could have developed him in that same way, being given the structure he had around him at Wolfsburg and even now at City where he is, in my eyes, their key player, the guy who the play goes through.

Regardless time to get back to Charly and I want to compare his career before Chelsea to Kevins, Kevin had lots of experience from his time at Genk and Werder, he’d done something at club level for lesser sides, playing regularly amassing almost 100 appearances in Belgian top flight, 30 plus in the Bundesliga and some international appearances I’m guessing before being included in the squad when Jose came back. Charly hadnt even made an appearance in the first team due to the age he signed yes but now at his age, he’s got maybe 25 first team appearances, with maybe 10 plus starts (if he’s lucky) for Betis and Chelsea combined. He had a loan spell at Real Betis where people claimed he was good enough for the 25 man squad then, despite scoring one goal in the space of a year split over two seasons which when I seen him bar a game against Valencia (I’m sure it was his debut actually) which made me wonder what he would actually bring at PL level as he showed inconsistency in games and also struggled to make an impact (fair enough he’s young it happens youth players performances yoyo). If he had actually done anything worthy of note or had a standout season or seasons at a club of that ilk at a young age then I could understand his inclusion in the squad and then his frustration at not getting chances but he’s done nothing but excellent performances in youth football which can be easily misunderstood or seen as having achieved something at a high level but it’s not, youth football has been rebranded for the reason it’s not high enough in quality as opposed to a B team league or championship etc, it’s now under 23s to try and improve younger players having them playing against older opposition and what not to prepare them more for first team. Charly doesn’t need u21/u23 football (although playing for Belgian u21s would do him no harm, really stupid he refuses the call ups) he needs a regular run in the Bundesliga or La Liga or Ligue 1 at a bottom half club to play every week. He won’t get that here or he won’t get that putting up childish posts on Instagram. 

He may have all the talent in the world but he’d of been better gaining 50+ games at smaller clubs on loan like Betis or Werder Bremen or somebody of that ilk, where he can have a bit more responsibility or have more influence. I don’t think we can do anymore than what we are doing with him here and despite the form of Willian or Pedro, Charly isn’t better than anything we’ve got in wide areas because he too can be very inconsistent like those two.

I hope he gets a loan in January, because he needs one, like an 18 month loan. I can’t see him coming into our team and doing what a Marcus Rashford or Harry Kane did because he doesn’t seem like the type, guys who were never regarded as huge talents, hard workers who have had to train to get to where they are, plus I just don’t think the focus on competing to be winning titles every year or CLs or whatever here helps young players break into the team either because the manager trusts more experienced players because they are tried and tested. Sure exceptions have been made, Christensen, Musonda, Kenedy are in the squad yes but out of the three Christensen has the most first team experience at a high level and will probably be the only guy out of them to get more regular minutes despite in my eyes having the most difficult competition in Azpi, Luiz, Rudiger and Cahill.  

On 10/10/2017 at 1:57 AM, Leif said:

It shows a lot, how many CFC supporters on Twitter saying they 'understand his frustration, but don't understand why he vented that way.' (It shows how damn dumb, marmite & politically correct so many want to be. This isn't rocket science. Why would a young player post on social media? Get Einstein in here!) 
You don't understand why young, not-yet fully emotionally-mature people who feel voiceless, share their deepest pains with their supporters? You don't understand instinct, helplessness, struggle, confusion?

You don't play by the rules flawlessly for the rest of your life when you're only 20 - you barely even understand the rules.

Him being happy & avoiding mental health issues (I'd wager our youth players suffer from such more than any other club) is important. If you're neglected by your bosses, your peers, and on top of that, told not to say anything about it, you're a hurting dog, a starving dog, and you're going to bark. Otherwise, you'd feel even worse in the long run for not barking, thinking you didn't do your all to give yourself the best chance. You can only respect Musonda.

The only player at the club, only player, who says, and shows, how much he wants to play for us. Hazard doesn't say it, the wingers don't show it, the midfield are capable footballers but they're not exactly crying after goals and feeling emotionally disturbed over us. Cancerous club which I wish I could remove from my brain. 

Then why tf are you still here?

17 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

Tf dude :lol:

The grass is always greener isn't it. All this short-term shit aside, we're still one of the biggest clubs in England and Europe thanks to the board and our owner. Maybe we don't like the way they're doing certain things now but they're not running us like Arsenal. 2 PL titles in 3 years is nothing to complain about, back in the Champions League, new stadium on the way, now you want to protest?

Man we'd be out of existence rn dude.

How have you ended up quoting me? That wasn't my post :lol:

23 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
7 hours ago, Tomo said:
Comparing Musonda to De Bruyne is like comparing Rodgers to Conte.

Who knew De Bruyne at 20 (2011)?

At that age he had played 2 seasons (as a starter) for Genk and in 1 of them they were champions with him as a key player. Musonda as talented as he is hasn't really done anything at senior level apart from a season at Real Betis which after a promising few months fizzled out quite disappointingly.