Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

At that age he had played 2 seasons (as a starter) for Genk and in 1 of them they were champions with him as a key player. Musonda as talented as he is hasn't really done anything at senior level apart from a season at Real Betis which after a promising few months fizzled out quite disappointingly. 
Best thing for him would be a long loan (several years (like Courtois)) where he c
That's probably down to him being signed by us along with his brothers early on. We will never know what he could have done by now had he stayed at Anderlecht. Just look at Tielemans right now.

I'm not saying he is Hazard's second coming, but he definitely has something about him. The fact some say he's the best Belgium has ever produced must say something.

Just now, LAM09 said:

That's probably down to him being signed by us along with his brothers early on. We will never know what he could have done by now had he stayed at Anderlecht. Just look at Tielemans right now.

I'm not saying he is Hazard's second coming, but he definitely has something about him. The fact some say he's the best Belgium has ever produced must say something.

Maybe but those years are important though. They shaped De Bruyne to the player he is today. Musonda hasn't had those years. 

Best thing for him would be a loan. A long one, like several years to really gain some experience at senior level and develop his game.

He really isn't to be frank. He did really well at youth level but just hasn't been able to push on at all and perform at senior level. 

I've seen him play at the age of 15-16 and i can't say he's improved since then. That's over 4 years. That's very worrying. 

Maybe but those years are important though. They shaped De Bruyne to the player he is today. Musonda hasn't had those years. 

Best thing for him would be a loan. A long one, like several years to really gain some experience at senior level and develop his game.

He really isn't to be frank. He did really well at youth level but just hasn't been able to push on at all and perform at senior level. 

I've seen him play at the age of 15-16 and i can't say he's improved since then. That's over 4 years. That's very worrying. 

Could be said about multiple youngsters that have joined us over the years. Feruz was meant to be a Scotland great in the making. Look how that's planned out. Too many youngsters just seem to stagnate at this club.

Players can only improve with consistent playing time for the first team. I think the loan option has passed tbh, so he'll either step up here or at another big club. No reason not to play him prior to his post.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

Could be said about multiple youngsters that have joined us over the years. Feruz was meant to be a Scotland great in the making. Look how that's planned out.

Players can only improve with consistent playing time for the first team. I think the loan option has passed tbh, so he'll either step up here or at another big club. No reason not to play him prior to his post.

Problem is that for the large majority of these talents the step from youth ranks to Chelsea first team football is just too big. Loans are the only way we can help them get to the level but they ofcourse need to be willing and perform at those clubs.

He needs to play one way or another but i highly doubt he would play at other top teams give his current level. He needs a mid table maybe sub top team in a lesser league to develop.

Problem is that for the large majority of these talents the step from youth ranks to Chelsea first team football is just too big. Loans are the only way we can help them get to the level but they ofcourse need to be willing and perform at those clubs.
He needs to play one way or another but i highly doubt he would play at other top teams give his current level. He needs a mid table maybe sub top team in a lesser league to develop.
I generally agree with you. Just worried he'd be stuck on the bench at another club/have a similar spell to the one in Spain. Hope he gets a run of games somewhere within the next year.

7 hours ago, LAM09 said:

But he could also have stagnanted badly there and im sure many have at Anderlect too. Our coaches at youth level are top class and Newton and Ferreira make sure they are well looked after on loan, blaming the club for player's falling off a cliff is to easy a copout for me, if he was as good as Tielmens mentally, tacticallly and technically thatwould have come through at some point.

1 hour ago, Georgy said:

Did someone say on the other page he isn't even close to Willian LOLOL

Yes I said that. Willian is out of form but when he’s playing good Charly doesn’t get close to him for me. When Willian was our outstanding player, carrying us in that disasterous season a few years back there was nobody running about posting saying he needs to be dropped or what not and our squad in that department has hardly changed much since then. He is one the guys getting a hard time along with Cahill (sometimes deservedly), Batshuayi (I’ve been critical of him, don’t see him as a good option) but NOBODY played good today not even Eden, David Luiz and the rest of the “untouchables” that fans won’t criticize but I guess it won’t be long before the sign Riyhad Mahrez to replace Willian people come out of hiding again. 

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Let me guess, you thought Kakuta was the new Zidane?

Are you seriously comparing Zidane who was wanted by every club on the planet to Willian who is already lucky to play at a top club?

Kakuta would've needed to outperform an absolute world class Zidane. Hard to see that.

Musonda needs to play better than someone who can't dribble, pass, shoot, I say it's doable but Conte like every manager has that weird fixation by playing the same players over and over even if they play like crap.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yes I said that. Willian is out of form but when he’s playing good Charly doesn’t get close to him for me. When Willian was our outstanding player, carrying us in that disasterous season a few years back there was nobody running about posting saying he needs to be dropped or what not and our squad in that department has hardly changed much since then. He is one the guys getting a hard time along with Cahill (sometimes deservedly), Batshuayi (I’ve been critical of him, don’t see him as a good option) but NOBODY played good today not even Eden, David Luiz and the rest of the “untouchables” that fans won’t criticize but I guess it won’t be long before the sign Riyhad Mahrez to replace Willian people come out of hiding again. 

He carried us all the through finishing 7 or 8 what an achievement. 3/4 goals he did that season were because of deflected free kicks. Hope United still want him next summer, really bad player at his absolute best he was still mediocre as feck. 

6 minutes ago, Georgy said:

He carried us all the through finishing 7 or 8 what an achievement. 3/4 goals he did that season were because of deflected free kicks. Hope United still want him next summer, really bad player at his absolute best he was still mediocre as feck. 

Okay fair enough, he was still by a mile the best player for us that year and I doubt we’d of even gone as far in the CL or been were we were in the league without him but still you expect a 19/20 year old to be a main player here ahead of Willian, who when he is in form is a good option, or Pedro, who same again showed last season he is more than capable of being a match winner. I would of been happy to have seen us taken an upgrade in the summer if we could of gotten someone like a Bernardo Silva or Alexis Sanchez as most of us would of been but we didn’t.

It’s the old everybody wants young players to play thing ahead of the older experienced players who are “shite” and or out of form, but then if they do and don’t provide people will have expected too much too early and they will fizzle out. I don’t think Charly is ready to be a regular here because if he was he would be, Christensen hasnt started every game but he’s in the squad and played regularlyish but he’s had 2 full seasons of playing every week at a high level in Germany and CL to prepare him, where as Charly hasn’t and has shown not much bar a goal against a championship team, where other than that he looked meh.

This season has been odd, it started poorly and picked up and a few injuries havent helped but summer recruitment was poor regardless (options at CF, LWB, RW or 10), I still think Conte was desperate for another wide player/10 who’s further on in their development to have as an option as opposed to Charly and would expect the same again come January or next summer. 

Hope for Charly's sake, he gets some game time.  The kid has more natural creativity than Pedro & Willian combined.

The question is: do you stick with woefully out of form experience or do you give a kid a chance to walk to walk after the insta post?

10 hours ago, Georgy said:

Are you seriously comparing Zidane who was wanted by every club on the planet to Willian who is already lucky to play at a top club?

Kakuta would've needed to outperform an absolute world class Zidane. Hard to see that.

Musonda needs to play better than someone who can't dribble, pass, shoot, I say it's doable but Conte like every manager has that weird fixation by playing the same players over and over even if they play like crap.

No im comparing how Kakuta was hyped back then to what's happening to Musonda now.