Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:26 AM, Special Juan said:

Or maybe he has a case of the Lewis Baker's, where he simply isn't working hard enough in training.

Why did we not call back Baker anyway? What a waste of a loan. Majority of times, he has not even been getting in the squad.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, the wes said:

I agree with this 

I would rather players get played on merit rather than a clause. Up to him to step up his game but worrying that again in their cup game a couple weeks ago, he was left out the squad totally and again on the weekend an unused sub.

23 hours ago, DDA said:

There is a reason he is on the bench. He just isn't good enough. Is Bredan Rogers meant to field a player who isn't going to benefit the team just to please the players parent Club.! CMJnr needs to sort his game out and quickly if he is to become anything of note.

I probably agree with you but I find that its a SIMILAR situatuin with alot of our academy lads that get loaned out.

Players should always get played by merit but MAYBE its time to add a clause into contracts?

The way I see it - and I'm probably wrong - is while our youth teams all do very good polaying together AS A TEAM its once they leave that comfort zone they tend not to make the jump. Is it a case of the team unit having more strength than individual talent?

44 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I probably agree with you but I find that its a SIMILAR situatuin with alot of our academy lads that get loaned out.

Players should always get played by merit but MAYBE its time to add a clause into contracts?

The way I see it - and I'm probably wrong - is while our youth teams all do very good polaying together AS A TEAM its once they leave that comfort zone they tend not to make the jump. Is it a case of the team unit having more strength than individual talent?

That could very well be the case. It rings bells of Barcelonas glorious Xavi, Bousquets, Iniesta, Messi and co. Didn't they all grow up playing together in the youth academy? 

In a surreal set up, it would be interesting to see Odoi/Masounda and Hazard on the wings with Tommy up top. RCL in the middle with Kante and Barker. Sterling at RB and Emerson at LB with a defence of Rudiger, Azpi and Christensen. 

Just to see how they would fair over a season. 

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

That could very well be the case. It rings bells of Barcelonas glorious Xavi, Bousquets, Iniesta, Messi and co. Didn't they all grow up playing together in the youth academy? 

In a surreal set up, it would be interesting to see Odoi/Masounda and Hazard on the wings with Tommy up top. RCL in the middle with Kante and Barker. Sterling at RB and Emerson at LB with a defence of Rudiger, Azpi and Christensen. 

Just to see how they would fair over a season. 

That would be the bollox of an idea and a great team to put forward in another league

16 hours ago, Unionjack said:

It's not possible to stipulate that a player must play but we, like all clubs, do put the only practicable clauses in loan contracts. First, clubs are given the incentive that they pay us a lower loan fee if they use our players than if they do not. Second, loan contracts can be terminated unilaterally by Chelsea at the next window, or sooner by mutual consent, if the player does not accumulate a given percentage of possible minutes. Not much else that can be done contractually I think.

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

It's not possible to stipulate that a player must play but we, like all clubs, do put the only practicable clauses in loan contracts. First, clubs are given the incentive that they pay us a lower loan fee if they use our players than if they do not. Second, loan contracts can be terminated unilaterally by Chelsea at the next window, or sooner by mutual consent, if the player does not accumulate a given percentage of possible minutes. Not much else that can be done contractually I think.

I see.

Very strange turn of affairs isn't it. Brenda was gushing about him when he first got there saying how great a thing it was yet.hes not utilized.

Now whether its because his own players are better we dont know. But it is a shame seeing another young hyped hopeful falling by the wayside.

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I see.

Very strange turn of affairs isn't it. Brenda was gushing about him when he first got there saying how great a thing it was yet.hes not utilized.

Now whether its because his own players are better we dont know. But it is a shame seeing another young hyped hopeful falling by the wayside.

I did read somewhere that when questioned about Charlys playing time he said, Charlys loan is 18 months long. This allows him to settle into his surroundings and that there is no rush for him to explode on the scene. He also says that there are players who have peformed consistantly well for Celtic thus making it hard for him to not select them for a player who is yet to prove he is capable of playing first team football on a regular basis. 

2 hours ago, DDA said:

I did read somewhere that when questioned about Charlys playing time he said, Charlys loan is 18 months long. This allows him to settle into his surroundings and that there is no rush for him to explode on the scene. He also says that there are players who have peformed consistantly well for Celtic thus making it hard for him to not select them for a player who is yet to prove he is capable of playing first team football on a regular basis. 

Its got to be a doffivuly juggling act but it makes the original hype malarky laughable. IF you as a manager had a lad THAT WAS GOOD you wouldn't care who or where he was from, you would use him. Just as Rafa has taken Kenedy under his wing and Bats at Dortmund, theyve been filled with love and confidence thus showing the difference a manager can make

7 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I see.

Charly flatters to deceive. Either Rogers was just giving it the big talk, or he was deceived himself.

22 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Charly flatters to deceive. Either Rogers was just giving it the big talk, or he was deceived himself.

Looks loke Chaz has spit his dummy out AGAIN.

When he left to Celtic he 'unfollowed' on his online account the majority of Blues players even Eden who he refered to as his big bro. Hes now done the same with all the Celtic players.

Hes a very young diva that doesn't realize that its not purely talent that gets you on in life.

Every time hes played for Celtic hes never done anything of note except of one assist v Zenit.

Where as the likes of average/lesser talented, hard working players like James Forrest who for instance is probably having the season of his career as well as Callum McGregor, are playing every week and showing that there is more to football than just talent.

Such a joke people thought he should of played instead of Pedro or Willian when they werent playing great. Or that he was anywhere near their level.

I'm calling it now I wouldn't be surprised if his loan gets terminated in the summer. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to this interview Chas has not thrown strops and has apparently been a joy to work with!!

Maybe its right and he should have been more patient as he had a long contract??

Our kids are given a big wage and overhyped so I think their egoes grow faster than their talents sometimes.

They are surrounded by peeps telling them how good they are and maybe its time to treat them mean to keep them keen?? Start them polishing 1st team players boots again! Didn't hurt the old guard!

Why Charly Musonda's 'strange' Celtic loan was cut short after just four months away from Chelsea

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/charly-musonda-leaves-celtic-chelsea-14547839