Jase

MOTM?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Told you guys we would win :), be less pessimistic and be more confident ffs!! We are the European Champions :D but yeh overall we outplayed them in their stadium i really was impressed with Mikel-Rambo in the double pivot.

One game? I'm sorry where were you when Mata won Chelsea's beast player award? :rolleyes: Mata > Cazorla

The fact that you think Mata's the better player is fine and all but the 'where are those who thought he was better than Mata' comment after the game is just typical. As if this one game decides that matter. Again, if Cazorla outperformed Mata today I'm sure you wouldn't have said he's the better player. Which is only logical.

But you obviously haven't seen Santi much, if at all, before he joined Arsenal so there's no point discussing who's been better the past years.

Getting to the tactical side of the argument here...Cech gave us the win. While there were times our defense looked like a wall, especially for the gooner goal, there were frailties shown. If it wasn't for Cech, I fear le arse would have won. But we have a Cech that we can cash in anywhere & everywhere, so no worries

_42474425_cech300.jpg

The fact that you think Mata's the better player is fine and all but the 'where are those who thought he was better than Mata' comment after the game is just typical. As if this one game decides that matter. Again, if Cazorla outperformed Mata today I'm sure you wouldn't have said he's the better player. Which is only logical.

But you obviously haven't seen Santi much, if at all, before he joined Arsenal so there's no point discussing who's been better the past years.

No denying Arsenal got a great player there for peanuts, wish we'd have snapped him up for that fee!

But Mikel kept him quiet! He is underrated! :)

Here I am. Santi's been the better player the past few years for me. Not by much but still. He just has that maturity in his game, not surprising considering he's in his prime, while I also find him more complete. Strong defensive play (for a AM), dangerous FK taker, energetic, better on the ball under pressure. Though I'd say Mata's more decisive which is very important.

As a Chelsea fan I'm happy Mata outperformed him today. A lot of that thanks to the fact we didn't give Arsenal much time on the ball today. Though it's typical how the average football fan draws conclusions after a single game if it's in their favour. I'm sure you wouldn't have changed your opinion if Cazorla outperformed Mata today.

Good performance by Torres today btw. I was hoping he'd perform today and luckily he did. Just don't disappear again Fernando.

I get your point man, I just disagree.

I think Carzola is/was the main midfield player for Arsenal/Malaga, that leaves him with the ball most of time and gives him more possibility to do something great (because he is an excellent player). Mata has never been THE MAN, he had to divide his possesion with Silva and Villa on Valencia. When he came to Chelsea (since AVB was not playing Lamps) he got the main role and was fucking amazing.

I also find Mata's qualities more important for his position - vision, passing and ability to slow the game a bit.

I'm happier with Mata than Carzola. My personal taste, I respect your opinion though...

Excellent win. Excellent performance. Apart from a few sloppy moments, we were very much controlled and assured in the game. 16 points from 6 matches. Top of the table. 7 points clear of Arsenal already. Still unbeaten too! :D

Yeah, I haven't watched a lot of Cazorla, so can't say one way or another, but you're right about the "one game proves something" nonsense that is rife among fans. It's incredibly annoying.

No denying Arsenal got a great player there for peanuts, wish we'd have snapped him up for that fee!

But Mikel kept him quiet! He is underrated! :)

Yeah I was hoping we'd get Mata and Cazorla last year but he surprisingly joined Malaga. But we've bought some players with great potential since then so I can't complain. Though we always have to pay extreme fees.

Mikel, Ramires and the rest of the team did very well to silence him definitely. The pressing was excellent. At one stage we regained the ball quickly after losing possession like six times in succession, I couldn't stop smiling.