Financial Fair Play

Chelsea is officially FFP compliant, not among 76 clubs UEFA is investigating for possible violations

P.S. Have just merged 2-3 of the older threads on the FFP discussion and named this merged thread 'Financial Fair Play'. So, if there is anything related to Chelsea and the FFP rules, just discuss it in here so it's easier for it to do so without having to create multiple threads from time to time. :yes:

That article said this interesting thing:

If and when PSG or any other club is hit with a sanction that will in any way affect its plans for the 2014-2015 season, said club will not only spend considerable resources challenging the decision via CAS, but it will also challenge the legality of FFP in the European courts and will claim hundreds of millions of sterling pounds in damages. UEFA is fully cognizant of this, and as such, will likely attempt to work with affected clubs on settlements.

If this indeed becomes a reality then FFP will be what I thought all along. A means to get money out of the rich clubs into UEFA pockets.

But we shall see if that is the case.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Manchester City are the best paid team in global sport according to Sportingintelligence’s Global Sports Salaries Survey (GSSS) for 2014.

The 2014 report considers 294 teams in 15 leagues in 12 countries across seven different sports: football, baseball, basketball, American football, cricket, ice hockey and Aussie Rules football.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2014/04/15/revealed-man-city-yankees-dodgers-rm-barca-best-paid-in-global-sport-150401/

GSSS-2014-top-12.jpg

So Chelsea are just barely above Arsenal...

Also:

Man City are likely to face sanctions over breaching FFP rules. Apparently clubs directly affected by City could influence their FFP fate.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10767413/Arsenal-Manchester-United-or-Liverpool-could-challenge-Manchester-Citys-likely-penalty-for-breaching-FFP-rules.html

However, folks are going to prevent the likes of PSG soon from playing with the books, I read recently.

At Chelsea, who is better than some Russian accountants ?

Believe me folks when it comes to Russians there are no better doctors with numbers.

It doesn't matter what kind of mathematics this is true. Had a brilliant Russian stats professor once and she was the sharpest math mind I ever met in my life.

Russians are certainly sharp. Just look at Putin. He is the sharpest cunt around.

After working in Moscow for 2 years and encouraging a mate to move from Russia to England so his kids could become fluent in English - the reason behind their mathematical genius is simple!

EDUCATION

They have an amazing education system and their Maths is so advanced at an early age. His daughter was 13 and knew more maths than the A level students, after 2 years she had to go back to Moscow to live with her grandparents - her English was good enough but her maths was suffering!

It's not just maths - Russians are taught the 'long game' - strategic thinking - they are the masters at this on a global level.

I'm just glad they're in our corner :) I'd rather have a Russian than a Sheik - purely because Sheiks normally inherit wealth, typically, Russians gamble big to be wealthy...

There is only 5 clubs in England that can benefit from FFP in the long run and that's United, Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Liverpool.

Why any other club voted for the rule is quite frankly mindblowing, they have basically signed away any chance off ever getting to the top.

A relatively big club like Spurs, Everton or Newcastle might get a Dortmund lite little period off success every now and again but long term under FFP, we have a big 5 that won't be pushed.

Heard that Man City & PSG are most likely to be hit with a transfer embargo if they've been found to flout the FFP regulations. Anyone know if this is true?

I doubted they'd ban them from any European competitions, I just didn't think UEFA had the balls to do that. I thought they'd just give them a pathetic fine though, at least a transfer embargo would make them think.

Also, what are the chances of Man City and PSG getting away with it entirely? They must have good lawyers after all.

After working in Moscow for 2 years and encouraging a mate to move from Russia to England so his kids could become fluent in English - the reason behind their mathematical genius is simple!

EDUCATION

They have an amazing education system and their Maths is so advanced at an early age. His daughter was 13 and knew more maths than the A level students, after 2 years she had to go back to Moscow to live with her grandparents - her English was good enough but her maths was suffering!

It's not just maths - Russians are taught the 'long game' - strategic thinking - they are the masters at this on a global level.

I'm just glad they're in our corner :) I'd rather have a Russian than a Sheik - purely because Sheiks normally inherit wealth, typically, Russians gamble big to be wealthy...

One cannot compare education system of England to any other country. The English schooling system is backwards, unless one attend top schools, mostly private ones.

As for the Russians, being mastered at anything, yes, they are masters at being crooks.

Heard that Man City & PSG are most likely to be hit with a transfer embargo if they've been found to flout the FFP regulations. Anyone know if this is true?

I doubted they'd ban them from any European competitions, I just didn't think UEFA had the balls to do that. I thought they'd just give them a pathetic fine though, at least a transfer embargo would make them think.

Also, what are the chances of Man City and PSG getting away with it entirely? They must have good lawyers after all.

Yes, even if its proven, the most draconian sanction is €100 000, which is what, a couple of days pay for Aguero ?

Yes, even if its proven, the most draconian sanction is €100 000, which is what, a couple of days pay for Aguero ?

idk, even their pet barcelona got transfer ban apparently (although we've to wait for their appeal).

surely they can slap the likes of city and psg? both of them did a very terrible business. we spent 70 mil but we sold players for 50mil.

idk, even their pet barcelona got transfer ban apparently (although we've to wait for their appeal).

surely they can slap the likes of city and psg? both of them did a very terrible business. we spent 70 mil but we sold players for 50mil.

Barcelona's transfer ban was given to them by FIFA, not UEFA.

Barcelona's transfer ban was given to them by FIFA, not UEFA.

Oops my bad.

since blatter favored messi so much, while platini wants to alter some things in European Champions since we won it by playing ultra defensively, it confuses me a little bit :)

The notion of fining a club for breaching FFP rules is ludicrous, so much so that I can believe UEFA would actually go through with it.

The notion of fining a club for breaching FFP rules is ludicrous, so much so that I can believe UEFA would actually go through with it.

As far as I know the CFCB (Clubs Financial control body) have four options open to them: to dismiss the case; to agree a settlement with the club effectively putting them on probation; to issue a reprimand and fine of up to €100,000; or in serious cases to refer the club to the adjudicatory chamber. Ooooh,,scary, a real deterrent

As far as I know the CFCB (Clubs Financial control body) have four options open to them: to dismiss the case; to agree a settlement with the club effectively putting them on probation; to issue a reprimand and fine of up to €100,000; or in serious cases to refer the club to the adjudicatory chamber. Ooooh,,scary, a real deterrent

Oh... So what I feared is right then. It's all bullshit... Great.

Oh... So what I feared is right then. It's all bullshit... Great.

Exactly, clubs can quite do what they like -though I would imagine PSG will get the most punishment. But i can see the CFCB massively increasing the fines to use clubs as cash cows. However even if they were tenfold what they are now, its equivalent to a few pennies to the Qatari sheiks

If this indeed becomes a reality then FFP will be what I thought all along. A means to get money out of the rich clubs into UEFA pockets.

But we shall see if that is the case.

Uefa should give that money to smaller clubs who follow rules, work with youth,...IMO.

But wont happen sadly.