Financial Fair Play

I read somewhere that Platini was considering instead of banning teams who breach FFP completely from European competitions, to have a limit on the wages of the players who can play in Europe from those teams. So if you breach FFP you can't play all your stars in European competitions.

I think that's a very practical and achievable idea. I hope they implement it because let's face it, banning big clubs from the CL was never realistic.

Yeah that's true.

It will cost too much with banning, as there would be court actions and all that shenanigans.

This idea is more practical, cause the clubs will accept that much easier then anything else.

Fine, club reduction, no problem!

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chelsea's most expensive FFP player costs for 2014-15:

Torres - £18.5m

Hazard - £16.7m

Willian - £10.8m

Schurrle - £8m

Matic - £7.4m

#CFC

ummm.... nope... not possible...

this stat means that

hazard is earning 198kpw. which even dailymail would say is high.

ummm.... nope... not possible...

this stat means that

hazard is earning 198kpw. which even dailymail would say is high.

That fee takes into amortisation of their transfer fee as well.

Nonetheless I still think it's incorrect because Jake Cohen has Hazard down as £175k a week which I think is nonsense. He's closer to £120k.

That fee takes into amortisation of their transfer fee as well.

Nonetheless I still think it's incorrect because Jake Cohen has Hazard down as £175k a week which I think is nonsense. He's closer to £120k.

i did take that into consideration.

the stat said 16,7 mil. hazard's transfer fee =32mil for 5 years = 6.4 mil per year. so salary = 16.7-6.4 = 10.3mil which is close to 198kpw.

Richard Conway - BBC Radio 5 live sports news correspondent:

"Manchester City and Paris St-Germain are facing fines in the region of €60m (£50m), restrictions on their Champions League squad size and a potential wage limit for failing Uefa's financial fair play rules.

"BBC Sport understands the two organizations - part of a group of nine clubs under examination by Uefa for failing the "break even" test - are facing similar penalties. It's believed a Champions League squad reduction could see the clubs restricted to using anywhere between 18 and 21 players in Uefa's premier competition. A normal squad size is 25.

"A wage cap could also be introduced on the errant clubs to ensure there is no rise on this season's squad wage bill for the Champions League. It's thought clubs have until Friday to agree a "settlement" with Uefa."

Also:

What this shows is

1. Uefa are serious about FFP (it's only likely to get even stricter!)

2. It's right for us to be working within FFP if these are the types of sanctions. This means players such as David Luiz who carries a lot of potential sale value but isn't regarded as first choice may need to be sacrificed.

3. It's important to have a strong core of homegrown players.

They will appeal and we'll find out if they're serious about FFP or not. I suspect they'll cave. Even still, a 2-3 year transfer ban is much more devastating to City than £50m over 3 years (which probably won't even added to their deficit). It's a nice summer bonus for Platini anyway...

I read somewhere that Platini was considering instead of banning teams who breach FFP completely from European competitions, to have a limit on the wages of the players who can play in Europe from those teams. So if you breach FFP you can't play all your stars in European competitions.

I think that's a very practical and achievable idea. I hope they implement it because let's face it, banning big clubs from the CL was never realistic.

No, that was UEFA's first idea (cap limit), but that proved to be an impossible idea!

That is when FFP came about...

City have to be careful, I would have just accepted the fine.

The thing is it's not just the authorities they have to worry about. Arsenal and us are also very serious about FFP. The simple fact is that clubs like us have potentially limited our shot at success by adhering to these rules so I have no doubt that we would probably look to take some sort of action as well if City aren't punished appropriately.

If city will not accept it, they will be banned for CL?

You really think UCL sponsors will allow players like Aguero, David Silva, Toure, Kompany, etc, to be banned from their competition?

Also, we had our chance to grow. Why cant City and PSG do the same? Just because they have more money?

The thing is it's not just the authorities they have to worry about. Arsenal and us are also very serious about FFP. The simple fact is that clubs like us have potentially limited our shot at success by adhering to these rules so I have no doubt that we would probably look to take some sort of action as well if City aren't punished appropriately.

I doubt other clubs hold much power in the situation though, sure we could file a complaint or something but I'm not sure how far it would go.

Also, we had our chance to grow. Why cant City and PSG do the same? Just because they have more money?

Maybe because they're both trying to scam their way out of these problems with fake sponsorships etc.? If they were to just do what's right and explain to UEFA how they're going to turn things around I'm pretty sure they'd be cut some slack but now it's all about making an example out of them.

Maybe because they're both trying to scam their way out of these problems with fake sponsorships etc.? If they were to just do what's right and explain to UEFA how they're going to turn things around I'm pretty sure they'd be cut some slack but now it's all about making an example out of them.

So what? They didnt do anything illegal!

What exactly are there to make an example of? Oh yeah, if you have lots of money you will piss off a lot of people and then get punished by it...