How to beat Chelsea: According to the Atletico Madrid manager

coolhead23

I agree with your point about our game plan.

But as I already said, I highly doubt it would have been the same game if our players really cared about winning. Scenes like the one in which Cahill just let the opponent slip away without even really bothering about that we could concede another goal finish me off.

Think that was Ivanovic, not Cahill.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was Cahill. The commentator even said that Sturridge is asking Cahill what the hell is going on and Cahill seems to respond with I have to put up with that all game in other words getting raped on the right side

Just like Sheva, I'm pretty sure that was Ivanovic, not Cahill.

Don't overrate this Argentine shit-kicker turned manager. He's an idiot.

We lost because of one R. Falcao who happened to put us to the sword with two world class finishes in the first 20 minutes.

Ivanovic has turned into an unfit bum over the summer.

It's a mystery in how over three to two years, Ivanovic and Torres legs have gotten bulkier which left them slower.

Perhaps its fat not muscle...

Don't overrate this Argentine shit-kicker turned manager. He's an idiot.

We lost because of one R. Falcao who happened to put us to the sword with two world class finishes in the first 20 minutes.

Atletico came organized and ready to play with a great tactical plan from the shit yet again RDM put out on the field.

Atletico came organized and ready to play with a great tactical plan from the shit yet again RDM put out on the field.

His statement here is entirely to boost his own ego and further his own credentials. He can't tell the truth of the matter, which is that he inherited a squad containing the best striker since Ronaldo; it'll make him look bad.

We didn't lose because of tactics, we lost because we couldn't cope with Falcao and our players turned out some very sloppy performances, which you can't afford against anyone let alone Falcao.

It was Cahill. The commentator even said that Sturridge is asking Cahill what the hell is going on and Cahill seems to respond with I have to put up with that all game in other words getting raped on the right side

Think it was Cahill but I wouldn't put my money on it. Will have a look at it later.

Here.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xt79hr_chelsea-1-4-atletico-madrid_sport?search_algo=2

Take a loot at 4:58 onwards.

His statement here is entirely to boost his own ego and further his own credentials. He can't tell the truth of the matter, which is that he inherited a squad containing the best striker since Ronaldo; it'll make him look bad.

We didn't lose because of tactics, we lost because we couldn't cope with Falcao and our players turned out some very sloppy performances, which you can't afford against anyone let alone Falcao.

cap, why is it you just can't give the credit to the opposition sometimes for beating us? It's like you have to come out with stupid excuses like that every single time to make yourself feel better about the way we played!

Yes, our poor performances certainly helped them but the fact is, had their players not carried out Simeone's plan 100%, Falcao wouldn't be able to perform the way he did. He wouldn't have seen lots of the ball to create anything and score the goals had it not for his teammates movement etc.

I am surprised of all the negative comment. I thought what he said was true.

Lampard will miss pass if he is pressured and there is no point of marking mikel. And Iva can be beaten with pace, it happened in Napoli in both legs ( we won the 2nd leg because Napoli did not take their chances)