César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

• 2 weeks later...

Beginning to think so too. Nothing wrong with that either.

I that is because, with his unique style of defensing, Jose and the management think he's a better defender on the left than he is on the right, which is kind of true, imo.

I that is because, with his unique style of defensing, Jose and the management think he's a better defender on the left than he is on the right, which is kind of true, imo.

I think the biggest clue is we are getting linked with RBs and not LBs (Cresswell aside but he will clearly be nothing beyond cover) is the biggest clue Cesar has LB on lockdown until he declines.

For all this Jose loves Ivanovic talks he is 100 times more likely to lose his place next season than Azpi.

Jose is playing Azpi on the left because he's nothing special in terms of attacking abilities. But he's most certainly the best defending fullback in the world. Combine that with the fact that Eden plays on the left thus making that side very fragile it's difficult to see Cesar moving to the right side anytime soon.

IMO its all because of Eden.

One FB will be more offensive with more hardworking winger, the other more defensive with more free winger.

Unfortunely for Azpi, Hazard is on our left side and Azpi is best defender we have, plus his attacking is not something we would miss. All that combined, it makes sense why Mou is doing. However Hazard would benefit alot from more offensive fullback (like Marcelo for example), but team would be hit on counters.

Only question is who will eventualy replace Iva.

• 2 weeks later...

What's with this Azpi not good in attack? I remember some killer crosses from him before Jose put him on full defensice mod on the lb.

He's also pacy and can beat a man. Great at going forward imo bit obviously as a RB not LB.

What's with this Azpi not good in attack? I remember some killer crosses from him before Jose put him on full defensice mod on the lb.

He's also pacy and can beat a man. Great at going forward imo bit obviously as a RB not LB.

And that's why he should play as a RB, he's only good for defending when he's playing on the left.

Diego Costa's goal against Liverpool showed what Azpi is capable of in attack. Shame he doesnt get the chance to do it more often.

Finally someone on the same page, he isn't incapable in attack he's told to stay back because Ivanovic basically plays like a winger.