Chelsea vs Atletico Madrid

Kieran.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The closer we get to match time, the more Falcao is worrying me. Confident we'll win, but we MUST set the pace and make them play on their heels like we have in our first league games.

LINEUP: Cech;Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill, Cole; Mikel, Lampard, Ramires; Harzard, Mata, Torres

Via an ITV presenter on twitter

Says neither Essien nor Sturridge are on the bench.

Not at all happy about Ramires starting if true. Their left-back Filipe doesn't usually leave much space behind him, so if we counter-attack, Ramires won't get too much joy down that side.

It's also risky playing Ramires, because he's a pretty awful passer, and one wrong pass can lead to Falcao's head somehow and them leading.

Would have made more sense having Bertrand (again) starting on the left to limit Juanfran and then having Hazard down the middle; Mata right.

I'm sorry, but I think Robbie's got this one wrong.