Scott Sinclair

OneMoSalah

Swansea winger Scott Sinclair is refusing to sign a new contract at the Liberty Stadium.

The 23-year-old's current deal runs out at the end of the season and he is being linked with a move to Manchester City.

The Team GB player has informed Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins of his decision.

"I have spoken to Scott and he confirmed what he said to the chairman, that he won't sign a new contract," said manager Michael Laudrup.

"But he is here now and that's what important for me."

Laudrup accepts he may lose Sinclair before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.

"You never know what will happen tomorrow or the day after but there is no point arguing about it, we have to get on with it," said Laudrup. "Until 31 August anything can happen.

"Of course there is interest from a big club in Scott but the only thing I care about in the short term is that it does not affect him for Saturday.

"If it affects the player then we have to talk about. I will talk to Scott and if he says no, he does not want to play, then we will see.

"If he says, 'I'm a professional', then I know he is in the squad."

Swansea play Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road on Saturday.

The Swans have also completed the signing of Arsenal's 21-year-old defender Kyle Bartley on a three-year deal.

What do yous think? Could/should we resign him ?

Clearly has improved since he left us, could be a viable option for the right wing if we don't get Moses. Naturally he plays on the left where I think he has featured prominently for Swansea as a more inside forward kind of winger but I'm sure hes equally adept on the right.

Hes scored 35 goals in 90 games for Swansea, which is a goal every 2.5 games basically and for a winger that's not too bad.

Have a feeling Brendan Rodgers might move for him as an alternative to Theo Walcott though. Also Shitty are apparently interested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19292137

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i no people have a soft spot for him since he came thru here and they think hes the one that got away ( OT:borini is the one that got away). sinclair is not that good...

he is just an average winger, with potential to become better but not great. yes he scored like 20 goals in the championship and then like 8 or somen close to that this season but i think over half were from the pk spot. and anyways, he does nothing special on the field, average in almost every respect. downing type signing imo

No, why sign him?

He's looked decent at an average team. He'll barely be good enough to be a squad player to be used in the Capital One Cup (fuck that sounds awful) here.

Capital One Cup LOOOOOOOL is that not the new name of the Carling Cup aye?

No thanks. Just an average player and we really need stop overhype or overrate any players that are playing or have played for us. IF Sinclair is really that good as some people seem to have make him to be, he would have been called up to the England squad numerous times already.

We've just got rid of one useless winger, let's not kid ourselves just because Sinclair had an average season in an average side. Take away his pace and he's shite. Really don't rate him, and wouldn't be bothered if he went to one of our rivals. He's no better than what City have. He wouldn't get into the Arsenal side ahead of Walcott and Chamberlain and he wouldn't even make the bench at United.

I can't believe Sinclair is seriously considering a move to Man City. What's wrong with the lad, his career stalled at Chelsea, and it's sure to do the same at City, I mean where does he fit in (other than adding to the HG rule).

Can't see us signing him, in fact I see Newcastle or Liverpool being a more viable option. Hell even Arsenal would make more sense.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You