Wigan 0-2 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Poll  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Your MOTM Vs Wigan?

There is a huge difference between hate and not trying to glorify every little thing he does. Why does everything said about Torres that isn't a full blown compliment get translated as hate? it's not.

Do i critisize Torres? yes, his performances for Chelsea have not been good enough for a player who overall cost £100m, (contract and transfer). I also can't stand the myth doing the rounds that we supposedly owe him. The excuses made up for him annoy me when you consider Malouda, Kalou, Danny and even Didier have got bashed (in Danny's case still is) for much less.

Do i hate Torres and take happiness in seeing him suffer? no, far from it, i would love it if he turns his Chelsea career around.

Hate is a strong word, perhaps I've used it in the wrong context. But the reaction of fans regarding his performance is laughable. Guy has a penalty disallowed (created from nothing) shot cleared off the line and provided great movement up front. All of this in a match where we provided the fewest shots on goal in some time. He played well, people should give him a chance to prove himself this year, rather than jump on the rag tops not so secret agenda to sell papers.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to have 3 points from the first game although I can´t remember a consequent and concentrated played counter attack after the 2-0 especially in the first half.

For sure it was a great debut for Hazard but what a performence by Ivanovic.

I can´t understand why Torres performance is under discussion and not his support from the team.

I´m not a Torres fanboy, I simply can´t see how any striker on this planet should do well with not enough support from midfield.

He became few chances and worked well with them.

Good to have 3 points from the first game although I can´t remember a consequent and concentrated played counter attack after the 2-0 especially in the first half.

For sure it was a great debut for Hazard but what a performence by Ivanovic.

I can´t understand why Torres performance is under discussion and not his support from the team.

I´m not a Torres fanboy, I simply can´t see how any striker on this planet should do well with not enough support from midfield.

He became few chances and worked well with them.

By "what a performance from ivanovic" I hope your not saying that in a positive way because besides the goal he had a below average game. If it wasn't for Luiz covering him we would have been in trouble.

Its true that he was under pressure a lot of times but in my opinion he was because the attacking mids didn´t help out enough. And yes I´ve seen Luiz helping him out and that should be mentiont too!

Hazard was easily the best player on the pitch but his efforts seem to have overshadowed our shaky defence in my opinion. My heart is in my mouth when Luiz is trusted with any defensive duty, we need to sure up there for sure if we are going to challenge United and City.

Found a lot of articles praising Hazard and the rest of our attacking players, this one is my favourite though:

http://blog.oddslife.com/2012/08/dream-debutants-provide-instant-impact/

Hazard was easily the best player on the pitch but his efforts seem to have overshadowed our shaky defence in my opinion. My heart is in my mouth when Luiz is trusted with any defensive duty, we need to sure up there for sure if we are going to challenge United and City.

Found a lot of articles praising Hazard and the rest of our attacking players, this one is my favourite though:

http://blog.oddslife...instant-impact/

SHakey defense? I don't understand?

I thought we defended extremely well apart from the game Iva had. The only real chance they had was the break away from di santo (which LUIZ cleared off the line) and to a lesser extent, the shot that Moses had which was saved by Cech.

I hate they way our team play well go a head and then sit back. where is the killer instict!

If you used some common sense you would realise that we went 2-0 up and felt that was enough to win (which it was) so sat back and saved energy. We've got a busy week or so ahead of us.