Post Oscar: who to come?who to go?

for me i think three more signings. realistically hopeful for :

CF Lewandowski £20m

RB Azpilicueta.£8m

RW Moses £10m (bought then loaned out for season with option to cancel loan in January window)

i would have loved Jovetic but i don`t think it`s happening,also Cavani but i don`t think that`s gonna happen either.

to leave permanently: Benayoun,Ferreira,Malouda,Kakuta

to leave on loan:De Bruyne,Lukaku,McEachran (i would have been fine keeping all 3 but they seem destined to leave on loan and not so much room for them at present.

who is on your list?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to leave permanently: Benayoun,Ferreira,Malouda,

Crazy!!! we have let far too much experience go already this summer, we may have signed some good young players but we can't shaft the experience, otherwise we will turn into Arsenal.

I know Malouda and Paulo are not that good anymore but we will need their experience this season with the new influx of youth coming in. Plus we might aswell make use the "house money" with FFP coming up. We might aswell stick Paulo and Malouda on the bench while Kane and De Bruyne are out on loan improving their value and development rather than letting Flo and Paulo go and letting those 2 stagnate on the bench.

Crazy!!! we have let far too much experience go already this summer, we may have signed some good young players but we can't shaft the experience, otherwise we will turn into Arsenal.

I know Malouda and Paulo are not that good anymore but we will need their experience this season with the new influx of youth coming in. Plus we might aswell make use the "house money" with FFP coming up. We might aswell stick Paulo and Malouda on the bench while Kane and De Bruyne are out on loan improving their value and development rather than letting Flo and Paulo go and letting those 2 stagnate on the bench.

PF would be 5th choice FB behind Cole,Bran,Bertrand and Azpi..experience there. Marin,Mata,Hazard to cover LW/LM. experience there. not so crazy. but did ask more for what others would do more than what people thought of my choices..;)

I would keep Ferreira and Malouda. You can't buy their experience, even if they are featured less and less on the pitch, behind the scenes they could be doing a lot of work beneficial to the squad.

PF would be 5th choice FB behind Cole,Bran,Bertrand and Azpi..experience there. Marin,Mata,Hazard to cover LW/LM. experience there. not so crazy. but did ask more for what others would do more than what people thought of my choices.. ;)

Fair play :)

This season i will look to get Azpi, a forward who can score and probably Moses in, so pretty much the same as you in that regard.

Out going's i think we should leave until next summer, imo we still need as much experience as we can get to go with the young heads.

De Bruyne needs a loan to improve his re sale value (a vital part of FFP), it could work wonders, look at Thiabut, if we cashed in now we would double our money at worst.

Looking forward even further i think next summer we will probably look for a complete DM (especially if Barca activate the buy back clause for Oriol), Vidal would be a dream and most probably a centre half too, aswell as squad players to replace Paulo, Malouda and Yossi, whos contract's do expire next summer.

is only really Drogba who has left so far that was experienced AND had leadership qualities. Kalou was good for morale as he seemed to be someone to play pranks on and to others. but Luiz seems to have taken that role now. we have lots of captains still in the squad JT and Frank as chelsea captains. Cahill was captain at Bolton and Bran has been for Serbia i believe. Ramires seems a good team mate for team chemistry just like Luiz. Ferriera just seems to be the interpretor now..Cech is just as able for that if not more so.

i wouldnt have got rid of Yossi i put him there just because it seems inevitable. i would personally let him stay till next year too.

i just wanted to see what other people would do really and try and put it all together in one thread. i often read we shouldnt go for X or Y player we should get Z instead in threads so thought it worth starting a thread to cover it all. :)

When you have a teammate like Ferreira for 8 years , and in the day after he is not here , you feel something different , and the you realize that the era that you were in is done , thats what JT Lampard Cole and co musnt feel right now , they must feel that this Chelsea is still 'their' Chelsea in some way , because the new platers are not guaranteeing trophies only if they are leaded by the ones that were winners and Chelsea need those 'winners' so the new players continue to this way , the winning way that Mourinho implemented.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for my bad english !

Would definitely keep Ferreira. Already 33 and last year into his contract. Won't get much at all if we sell him anyway. And he's still a useful squad player to have, when needed. The Benfica game last season was a perfect example to that.

Regarding who should come in next, well, it should be a RB. Our next priority. Azpilitcueta seems to be main target now and hopefully, we can get him.

I would keep Ferreira and Malouda. You can't buy their experience, even if they are featured less and less on the pitch, behind the scenes they could be doing a lot of work beneficial to the squad.

Not sure about keeping Malouda but do agree with the point you're making. Too many fans have completely underestimated experience and thinking the new players will just come in and blend in straight away without any help. All just think with players like Terry, Cole and Lampard, they'll be all fine. :doh:

Ferreira is a great third choice right back. I hope we give him a new 2 year deal, he retires after that, and accepts a job as coach or something.

We could have gone for Seedorf on a one year deal. The man is still world class, what an amazing footballer Clarence has been :wub:

i`m off to bed anyway,it`s 5:12am in blighty. this thread will either die quickly because it`s not something folks are livid about or will keep us talking for a few days whilst the transfer rumours go quiet.

You won't be up for another 12 hours or so, will you? :lol:

At this point, I can only see us signing one more player. I hope it's Azpilicueta. As for players leaving, I don't know what to expect since we have so many players right now. I can see Kakuta leaving, on loan or permanently I don't know, and Benayoun as well. though, but I'm kind of hoping we'll keep Benayoun.

At this point, I can only see us signing one more player. I hope it's Azpilicueta. As for players leaving, I don't know what to expect since we have so many players right now. I can see Kakuta leaving, on loan or permanently I don't know, and Benayoun as well. though, but I'm kind of hoping we'll keep Benayoun.

According to reports going around, RDM said we can expect 2 more signings before the transfer window closes. Likely to be a RB and a ST.

@ Cap. chronic insomniac. that`s an early night for me..i did have my second longest stretch without sleep about 3 weeks ago..it lasted 6 days. after a day or two i go high so it tends to make it even harder to sleep. a tell tale sign of when i`m high is when you see me type out really long posts. alas i couldn`t sleep when i tried so will leave it till tonight now.

@bluesmaster i`m not one of those who think we can give up on experience but i think even with those departures we would have enough as i`m not just thinking of the few you mentioned. altogether i count Cech,Hilario,Ivanovic,JT,Cole,Meireles,Essien,Lampard,Torres, that`s 9players who have plenty of experience. then there`s the young veterans with ample experience to not need a veteran around to guide them on how to be pro`s. the likes of Cahill,Luiz,Mata,Ramires,Mikel.Marin.

add Oscar,Hazard, and two others. if they are foreign players we are looking at 15 foreign players plus Oriol who will count as foreign before too long.16.

if we keep Malouda,Ferriera &Yossi. unless my calculations are wrong we are 2 over the allowed 17 foreign players in our 25.

so atleast 2 foreign players have to leave.or just watch from the stands whilst collecting a large salary.

if we have to let go of players who are foreign,which ones go ahead of Ferreira,Malouda and/or Yossi.?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You