Post Oscar: who to come?who to go?

I can understand people's reasoning behind keeping players like Ferreira and Malouda for experience, but the club still has plenty of experience within the squad and in players which are going to get games.

Cech, Ashley Cole, Terry, Ivanovic, Lampard, Essien and Mikel have all been at the club and in the first team picture each for longer than 4 years or more, and as a result know the club well and have played a lot of big games. Torres has bundles of big game experience aswell, as does Mata despite his young age. As an example, does Benayoun have more big game experience than Mata?

Just because we have brought a lot of young players with a relative lack of experience this summer, people are now worrying we won't have enough experience within the squad. We have plenty within the squad.

Also don't discount the importance of last season. The struggles during much of the season, and the triumphs and experience of winning the FA Cup and Champions League will have also set up players such as Cahill, David Luiz and Ramires very well.

If the only argument for keeping a player is experience, and he can seemingly offer nothing of note on the pitch then I wouldn't keep them. So IMO I would look at letting Benayoun, Malouda and Ferreira all go. All on high wages and taking up foreign spots in the squad.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out

Essien

Mikel

Keep in the experience of Benayoun, Malouda and Ferriera, and we still have the likes of JT and Lampard here for experience.

In

Tiote

azpilicueta

Demba Ba

Winger

Demba Ba might surprise you, but i don't want to go out and spend 35 million on Cavani or Lewandowski. Demba Ba for 7 million, is a good price, Demba Ba upfront by himself will score goals, he just will. Because we have Torres, let him be the main forward and see what happens, and we have Danny, i want to give Danny a chance too. So instead of paying a shit load for a striker, get someone like Ba, who is a class forward and can get us goals but wont necessarily take over and be a huge price.

However we must act fast because his clause runs out soon i think, not too sure when.

Tiote and Ba? Lol, you're such a Geordie!

We do need a new striker.

Tell me who finished above us last season?,

Demba Ba was one of the best strikers in the premiership first half of last season, Cisse came in and he couldn't play with him as Cisse was the main striker. 7 million for Ba is a bargain, he has a dodgy knee but I'm sure he will be fine. And Tiote best DM in the league, he is a must for me.

I would be happy with Ba to boost our striking options for £7m. Also with Torres upfront, he won't play every game which should help him get sufficient rest for his knee. Similarly he is a good option, along with Sturridge to also give Torres sufficient rest. It is no coincidence that he was injured so much at Liverpool when they relied so heavily upon him and burnt him out. Since at Chelsea, Torres hasn't had any injuries from what I can remember, which IMO has been aided by not playing every game as we had Drogba also.

However Kojo, you want to keep Benayoun, Malouda and Ferreira for experience, but Essien and Mikel have similar levels of experience to them and can still offer much more on the pitch than any of the mentioned. I would keep Essien and Mikel and get rid of the other three.

Mikel is better than Tiote. I know you like Tiote/dislike Mikel but Mikel was instrumental in our CL win while Tiote was instrumental in finishing 4th place. Big difference.

Most stupid post you have ever made, and you will regret saying that, trust me.

And Newcastle wern't in the Champions League. But they where a much better team than us last season, because of the great players they had.

Most stupid post you have ever made, and you will regret saying that, trust me.

Mikel is younger than Tiote. He is already better than him. By the time Mikel's 30, Tiote won't even be mentioned in the same breath as him even by big fans of Tiote like yourself.

Mikel is younger than Tiote. He is already better than him. By the time Mikel's 30, Tiote won't even be mentioned in the same breath as him even by big fans of Tiote like yourself.

Mikel wont be either, Mikel is a garbage player, i laugh when people think he will be the future Maka. Mikel doesn't have it in him, he can only pass a ball, and his overrated CL performance against Barcelona doesn't warrant anything. I remember that game he was losing the ball constantly, the only thing he was good at was his position for once. Bayern Munich he was good however, and i'm glad he done it in the big game, but lets be honest, who had a bad game that match?.

Besides that he's been garbage. Tiote will be a bigger name especially if he goes to a bigger club. Because Tiote gets stuck in, Tiote runs midfields, he wins the ball back for his team. Mikel stands there doing fuck all.

Tell me who finished above us last season?,

Demba Ba was one of the best strikers in the premiership first half of last season, Cisse came in and he couldn't play with him as Cisse was the main striker. 7 million for Ba is a bargain, he has a dodgy knee but I'm sure he will be fine. And Tiote best DM in the league, he is a must for me.

Tottenham finished above us. Let's buy Scawty Parka and Arin Lenin.

Tottenham finished above us. Let's buy Scawty Parka and Arin Lenin.

Now you're just being stupid. You know i never meant that, Newcastle got where they are because they had really good players.

Cabaye-Tiote was better than Man Uniteds midfield and most certainly better than ours.

Now you're just being stupid. You know i never meant that, Newcastle got where they are because they had really good players.

Cabaye-Tiote was better than Man Uniteds midfield and most certainly better than ours.

So you are talking about Arsenal? Fucking A, let's buy Song and Walcott.

I'd rather Cabaye over Tiote. There is no other midfielder (outside of CFC) in the Premiership that I covet more than Cabaye. I fell in love with that joker after his FK against ManUtd.

I think if you are looking for a useful squad player, then 7 mil for demba ba, is very good, all things considered, better than any other striking options we have atm except torres, and with Lukaku going on loan, will do a good job as second choice striker... Rather that, than 40+ mil for cavani i think...

So you are talking about Arsenal? Fucking A, let's buy Song and Walcott.

I'd rather Cabaye over Tiote. There is no other midfielder (outside of CFC) in the Premiership that I covet more than Cabaye. I fell in love with that joker after his FK against ManUtd.

So because of that free kick we should sign him?, believe me when Tiote left Newcastle were bullied on midfield, no way would we of walked over them like we did and neither would City.

So because of that free kick we should sign him?, believe me when Tiote left Newcastle were bullied on midfield, no way would we of walked over them like we did and neither would City.

So because I mention his Free Kick you naturally deduce that I want him signed because of that one action? Where did I say that I wanted to sign him in the first place? Sure I've said that in other threads but I did not say that, in this particular post. Don't put words in my mouth, please.

So because I mention his Free Kick you naturally deduce that I want him signed because of that one action? Where did I say that I wanted to sign him in the first place? Sure I've said that in other threads but I did not say that, in this particular post. Don't put words in my mouth, please.

You did that to me earlier with Spurs, so I did it back.

#controversial Kojo

You did that to me earlier with Spurs, so I did it back.

#controversial Kojo

No I didn't. I merely stated fact the fact that Tottenham finished above us. I did not once say that you wanted Scotty Parker and Aaron Lennon. I didn't say "So because Tottenham finished above us you want to sign Scotty Parker and Aaron Lennon?" Whereas I mention Cabaye's FK and you deduce that I want to sign him. Completely different incidents.

No I didn't. I merely stated fact the fact that Tottenham finished above us. I did not once say that you wanted Scotty Parker and Aaron Lennon. I didn't say "So because Tottenham finished above us you want to sign Scotty Parker and Aaron Lennon?" Whereas I mention Cabaye's FK and you deduce that I want to sign him. Completely different incidents.

But with all the same meaning, we both didn't mean that.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You