Post Oscar: who to come?who to go?

Tell me who finished above us last season?,

Demba Ba was one of the best strikers in the premiership first half of last season, Cisse came in and he couldn't play with him as Cisse was the main striker. 7 million for Ba is a bargain, he has a dodgy knee but I'm sure he will be fine. And Tiote best DM in the league, he is a must for me.

the 7 million expires this month(?) what then?

i hope we try Lewandowski for around 15-20m. Bundesliga player of the year. very good attacker with all round attributes

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only real thought on our squad at the moment is to do with our width in the attacking third. The players who we have regularly seen play on the outside positions in the "3" have a tendency to be quite narrow. Hazard and Marin both like to cut inside and when Mata played out on the left on occasion last season he had a tendency to drift inside to pick up more of the ball. Ramires has been played on the right and I don't see quite so much desire to move inside like the others but it still seems to me that we lack a genuine WIDE player in the squad.

I'm not trying to strike up comparisons between us and Barcelona because that is pointless, but we all saw what happened against us in the Semi-Final when without a player to provide width, we could defend very narrow and negate the neat one-two football that the play inside the penalty area. Pep even used Cuenca purely to stretch our back 4 out. I worry that a front three of Hazard-Mata-Oscar or equivalent would encounter the same problem against lesser teams who are more content to just shut up shop and not play. I think for that reason the only real addition to our squad that I would be really keen on is a player who can beat defenders outside rather than cutting in and put crosses in the middle. Then for me I would be completely happy with the team this season.

Out

Malouda

Kakuta

Benayoun

Meireles or Essien

Mceachran (Loan)

De Bruyne (Loan)

Lukaku (Loan)

In

Any one of - Tiote, Moutinho, Witsel, Fellaini, Cabaye

Any one of - Maicon, Azpilicueta, Piszczek

Any one of - Cavani, Schurrle, Lewandowski, Falcao

dream scenario would be Moutinho, Maicon and Falcao all in but that would be to expensive so i would settle for Tiote, Azpilicueta and Falcao

......................................Cech...................................

.......Ivanovic........Luiz..............Terry........A.Cole.....

...........................Tiote..............Ramires...................

......Oscar........................Mata....................Hazard...

.......................................Falcao.................................

Subs - Hilario, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Lampard, Sturridge, Marin, Torres

Most stupid post you have ever made, and you will regret saying that, trust me.

And Newcastle wern't in the Champions League. But they where a much better team than us last season, because of the great players they had.

Kojo, please tell me you do not rate Tiote higher than Mikel.

Don't know what people see in Tiote, he's nothing special. Tons and tons of better player out there.

the 7 million expires this month(?) what then?

i hope we try Lewandowski for around 15-20m. Bundesliga player of the year. very good attacker with all round attributes

Dortmund won't sell him for any less than 35 million.

Kojo, please tell me you do not rate Tiote higher than Mikel.

Don't know what people see in Tiote, he's nothing special. Tons and tons of better player out there.

wouldn`t be the best for team chemistry to have both either. after Tiote elbowed Mikel only for Mikel after getting some minor repair to return to the pitch and get his revenge by smashing him spark out. not many better sights in life than for a lil thug to get knocked the fuck out after starting shit there was no need for. the thing is tho he`s like the African Vinny Jones,take out the thug and there`s not much there atall.

A destroyer that is quite good on the ball is Etienne Capoue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89tienne_Capoue

Too bad Newcastle buyed cabaye last year.

Capoue Cabaye as two defensive midfielder would be great.

Otherwise, in fantasy league, I would pick Azpilicueta, Capoue and Cavani.

RW, RW, RW ???

We have had no proper Right Winger since Tschoäi Kohl (Joe Cole) left us. We might have bought a bunch of Offensvie midfielders and have some left wingers at our disposal but there is simply no out-and-out right winger, which is simply poor for a club like us. Moses or Hulk should be top priority

Badly need a striker. Torres looked bad in the friendly, completely different player to the one at Liverpool. We will be lacking firepower if we don't sign Hulk or a world class striker. Torres is a big gamble and Sturridge can't even get into team GB.

Badly need a striker. Torres looked bad in the friendly, completely different player to the one at Liverpool. We will be lacking firepower if we don't sign Hulk or a world class striker. Torres is a big gamble and Sturridge can't even get into team GB.

Because Torres had 30 irrelevant minutes and because Sturridge didn't start one game? Hahaha.

Because Torres had 30 irrelevant minutes and because Sturridge didn't start one game? Hahaha.

No, Torres has been rubbish since before he signed for Chelsea, in case you didn't notice. There are no real signs of that changing. Compare Sturridge to Rooney, Aguero and Van Persie. We are lacking a direct threat.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/7/29/3200579/chelsea-fc-transfer-news-ron-gourlay-quotes

comments and:

Him pretty much said the samthing thing at the Q&A session in Philly. He said that Chelsea would be announcing a player signing in the 24 to 48 hours (Oscar) and they were still in the market for 2 to 3 other players; with 4 going out on loan and two others being sold.

So I see Azpilicueta/RB + Moses + Maybe Striker in?

Josh, Kevin and Yossi were not involed in Milan match so i expect Yossi to be sold/loan, and Kevin/Josh going on Loan. Maybe Lukaku will go on loan, and Chalobah? [and we have 4].

Kakuta to be sell? IDK.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You