Oscar

themightyblue

I think the squad is enormously off balance, actually, and we will pay for that when we draw Barcelona in the CL knockout stages. Unless we sign Messi we point-blank cannot out attack Real, Bayern or Barcelona and we will have to bus our way through. Except now we don't have the personnel to park it. There are too many attacking midfielders (both central and wide), not enough strikers or defensive midfielders.

Oscar, Hazard, Mata, Marin, De Bruyne, Malouda, McEachran, Sturridge.. none of them guys you can ask often to defend for their lives, Mata aside. And up front we're literally light weight, we could do with signing a 2 metre tall, 90 kg target man that we can hoof it to.

I think the squad is enormously off balance, actually, and we will pay for that when we draw Barcelona in the CL knockout stages. Unless we sign Messi we point-blank cannot out attack Real, Bayern or Barcelona and we will have to bus our way through. Except now we don't have the personnel to park it. There are too many attacking midfielders (both central and wide), not enough strikers or defensive midfielders.

Oscar, Hazard, Mata, Marin, De Bruyne, Malouda, McEachran, Sturridge.. none of them guys you can ask often to defend for their lives, Mata aside. And up front we're literally light weight, we could do with signing a 2 metre tall, 90 kg target man that we can hoof it to.

Are you being serious? If we wanted too, we could field the exact same team minus Kalou and Drogba and even then they'd be replaced by Ramires and Torres. The core of that defence is still there in Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ivanovic, Mikel and Lampard and so we could easily still 'park it'

Like i said

-------------------Torres-------------------

Marin--------Mata/Hazard---Hazard/Mata

-----------Oscar---------------------------------

----------------------------Mikel----------------

A.Cole--------------------------------Ivanovic

-----------Terry----------Luiz-------------------

---------------------Cech-------------------------

Best starting 11

"A 5ft 10in (1.79m) attacking midfielder who can play wide, he has a reputation for good pass-and-move football, protecting the ball and choosing the right moment to play passes."

A hint?

No, not really.

A lot of palyers 'can' play out wide, should they though?... no. We need Hulk, a natural inverted right winger. Sturridge is primarily a CF now Drogba's gone.

All of our CAM's can play out wide. They are skillful, quack and can all dribble with a ball. Also it's good signing players from same national teams so nobody is left out and feeling a bit shy. Brazilians, English, Spanish and Belgians with the odd few others.

We still have Romeu, Essien, Mikel and Lampard who are physically able, and Lukaku also when he's developed sufficiently. Cavani is very good physically and this is the final piece of the jigsaw, or Hulk. Either would complete the squad, this season is going to be unbelievable. We're more balanced than people think.

Like i said

Best starting 11

and what Lamps??

Courtois 'apparently' reserved it upon signing.

I hope he is allowed to choose 13 though, there isn't much better available, unless we sell someone before he arrives.

Number 1 is reserved for Thibaut for sometime in the near future. B)

No, not really.

A lot of palyers 'can' play out wide, should they though?... no. We need Hulk, a natural inverted right winger. Sturridge is primarily a CF now Drogba's gone.

If we need any sort of winger, it should be one who can get to the byline and cross 9 out of 10 times rather than Hulk who prefers to come in and shoot more than pick someone out.

I'm not sure Lampard will play as much this season, from the recent interview he gave it seemed to me that once his contract runs out (next year) he will move to the MLS.

I still think he'll play the big games because he's still got something to offer, but maybe against the 'weaker' teams we'll experiment a bit.

If we need any sort of winger, it should be one who can get to the byline and cross 9 out of 10 times rather than Hulk who prefers to come in and shoot more than pick someone out.

I don't see a problem with that tbh, considering Torres (of all people) is our 'main man' this season. :rolleyes:

Like i said

Best starting 11

What a fucking squad!!! JIZZZZ IN MY PANTS