Oscar

themightyblue

He was our focal point last season and thrived in his role, why wouldn't there be other top teams where he can do the same?

You should name me a big team that would.....

I guess he could go to Napoli or Milan....... However, Napoli use Hamsik and Milan revolves around Mario..

You should name me a big team that would.....

I guess he could go to Napoli or Milan....... However, Napoli use Hamsik and Milan revolves around Mario..

Not sure I follow, why are you comparing a striker to Mata? Unless by centerpiece you mean the 'biggest name' in a club

edit: just noticed this aint the Mata thread, sry for offtopic :F

Not sure I follow, why are you comparing a striker to Mata? Unless by centerpiece you mean the 'biggest name' in a club

edit: just noticed this aint the Mata thread, sry for offtopic :F

eh, this season the Mata and Oscar thread are all but one........

Also, what I was referring to was Mata would not be featured to the extent as last season he was in the Chelsea offense on any big team.... Featured not as in appearances, but moreso tactics favoring the player and putting players in positions to excel...

No big club would make Mata their centerpiece.......

However, swansea city would be a good fit with the spanish contigent and Landrup there.

What a moronic post.

You could technically say the same about Oscar or Hazard too by your reasoning.

Swansea lol.

However, swansea city would be a good fit with the spanish contigent and Landrup there.

Never go full retard :)

Besides, Juve was linked with Mata, they would let Pirlo go and play Pogba in his position, while Mata would play behind Tevez as either playmaker (someone has to take that part after Pirlo leaves) and sure Mata knows how to score aswell. Besides he is good fk taker and makes good dead ball passes from corners and fks.

Finaly, he is a wonderful person that football lacks and he is perfect Lamps sucessor in that aspect. Nobody hates Mata. Who wouldnt want such player in their team? Ozil isnt exactly hard worker and gets tired quick, but he established himself quickly in PL and in team that plays his style.

Never go full retard :)

Besides, Juve was linked with Mata, they would let Pirlo go and play Pogba in his position, while Mata would play behind Tevez as either playmaker (someone has to take that part after Pirlo leaves) and sure Mata knows how to score aswell. Besides he is good fk taker and makes good dead ball passes from corners and fks.

Finaly, he is a wonderful person that football lacks and he is perfect Lamps sucessor in that aspect. Nobody hates Mata. Who wouldnt want such player in their team? Ozil isnt exactly hard worker and gets tired quick, but he established himself quickly in PL and in team that plays his style.

Tevez is essentially the nr10 for Juve...

SO, by your logic cause hes a wonderful person, a team should center a team around him.....

No, he's the more 'creative striker' between the two strikers in Juve's 3-5-2. Not a no.10 at all, Juve are playing with 3 CM's in the middle with no AM's, so unless they change their tactics a bit, Mata doesnt have a place there.

SO, by your logic cause hes a wonderful person, a team should center a team around him.....

Just saying that he is amazing footballer AND person.

For example, I dont want Suarez here cuz he is cunt but he would fit our team. If Mata was playing for some other team, I would want him because he is great player and person.

And why would he be center of any team? Messi is center of Barca, but does it make Iniesta or Xavi less important? Mata would improve any team in premier league, mind that. Its thes same Mata that was probably best CAM of last season in the EPL/europe. Just because Jose said Mata needs to improve and benched him, you follow Jose like sheep and forgetting how superb Mata was for last two seasons.

Just saying that he is amazing footballer AND person.

For example, I dont want Suarez here cuz he is cunt but he would fit our team. If Mata was playing for some other team, I would want him because he is great player and person.

And why would he be center of any team? Messi is center of Barca, but does it make Iniesta or Xavi less important? Mata would improve any team in premier league, mind that. Its thes same Mata that was probably best CAM of last season in the EPL/europe. Just because Jose said Mata needs to improve and benched him, you follow Jose like sheep and forgetting how superb Mata was for last two seasons.

So we have to scrap our high pressing plan because Mata's a great person? As great a player Mata is, Mourinho wants a high pressing game, so he has to play his part.

Every player in our team has competition for their place, Mata's not going to be an exception because he was our best player when we finished 3rd and 6th.

Reliable. Oscar continues to backup Mourinho’s confidence on him. Coming in at the 58 mark, the Brazilian started the play for Eto'o’s goal, finding Hazard at the edge of the box, who then assisted the Cameroonian and a few minutes later Oscar scored a goal of his own. Breaking down his six contributions to the match, in addition to one goal and actively contributing to another, he took part of three counter-attacks and found Hazard inside the box in a perfect pass for the Belgian.

Got this from the stats article I've written and I'm really impressed with his objectiveness. He's always been an objective player - as he isn't much of a dribbler or someone who does flashy plays - but this season he added some lethal aspect to his game.

Funny enough he didn't have one single defensive contribution for us, he entered just before I felt we started being a bit vulnerable to Cardiff advances, he didn't change the match pressing wise, or defensively wise, but I feel like he killed the match for us with his goal and his quick link for Hazard who then assisted Eto'o.

I think that's why he's Mourinho's favorite son (don't remember where I read it, but I'm using it from now on :lol:). He goes there and gets things done. Of course he isn't going to do that all matches, but he's been decisive for us this season and the space he creates for other players should also be mentioned.

I just feel we could use a few more assists from him, but then again I don't know if the problem is that he hasn't been creating for others (and taking matters on his own hands), if others haven't been taking the chances he provides, or if he just can't do more.

Controversial (mostly amongst Chelsea supporters) but the case can definitely be made for that argument.

Got this from the stats article I've written and I'm really impressed with his objectiveness. He's always been an objective player - as he isn't much of a dribbler or someone who does flashy plays - but this season he added some lethal aspect to his game.

Funny enough he didn't have one single defensive contribution for us, he entered just before I felt we started being a bit vulnerable to Cardiff advances, he didn't change the match pressing wise, or defensively wise, but I feel like he killed the match for us with his goal and his quick link for Hazard who then assisted Eto'o.

I think that's why he's Mourinho's favorite son (don't remember where I read it, but I'm using it from now on :lol:). He goes there and gets things done. Of course he isn't going to do that all matches, but he's been decisive for us this season and the space he creates for other players should also be mentioned.

I just feel we could use a few more assists from him, but then again I don't know if the problem is that he hasn't been creating for others (and taking matters on his own hands), if others haven't been taking the chances he provides, or if he just can't do more.

Did he not win that ball when he darted forward with it a bit to find Hazard who found Willian - who should really have scored - in a quick counter? I'd say that's a defensive contribution that almost lead to a goal, is it not?

Controversial (mostly amongst Chelsea supporters) but the case can definitely be made for that argument.

How about PSG, United, AC Milan, Inter, Arsenal - a fully fit and firing Mata is a better all-round player than Ozil or Cazorla, their two best players..