Thorgan Hazard

themightyblue

I think unless some Belgian players other than Eden Hazard start becoming regulars for Chelsea, it won't be that easy anymore to attract the younger generation. They've seen what happened to KDB and Lukaku. I think the smarter ones (read: the ones everyone would like to buy), are going to take smaller steps towards the top. Hazard had been proving himself for four years in the French league. That's a different story.

Happened to Lukaku? He wanted the loan himself! And De Bruyne hasn't proven himself worthy either!

"He's less talented, but more determined and physically stronger than Eden."

What a bullshit sentence. How is Eden not "determined"? And they seem to have a similar build.

Because it doesn't say that: 'Eden isn't determined'. If you reread that statement it states that Eden is determined and Thorgan is even more so.

Thorgan reported at training today at Zulte. But it's a huge question if he steps on the plane to Marbella winter training tommorow. Anderlecht meanwhile also has a seat free for him on theire plane to Abu Dhabi. Rumours say Anderlecht agreed a deal with Chelsea to take over the loan deal from Zulte.

Wich plane is he gonna step on tommorow? :D

Lukaku has failed at CFC?

Apparently 17 goals at West Brom at age 19 including a second half hat trick at Old Trafford and 9 goals in less than half a season at Everton at age 20 is insufficent progress. Couple that with the blinding strike force of Eto, Torres and BA I'd say yes Lukaku has failed at Chelsea <_<

Apparently 17 goals at West Brom at age 19 including a second half hat trick at Old Trafford and 9 goals in less than half a season at Everton at age 20 is insufficent progress. Couple that with the blinding strike force of Eto, Torres and BA I'd say yes Lukaku has failed at Chelsea <_<

So far, he failed at CHELSEA. I'm a huge fan of Lukaku. But he lost an entire year playing in the reserve squad after being top scorer in the Belgian league for two years and already being an important international. He has yet to get his first real chance in the senior squad. He's had two good years on loan, but next year his future will once again be uncertain.

I'm just saying the next generation is looking at this as well, and might take smaller steps before they sign a contract at an absolute top team.

I'm actually really against this international trend of just buying every big talent around and then not even playing half of them. It slows down the players, it sucks the smaller leagues dry and more important for you guys, it stunts the development of your own youngsters. When was the last time a talented English player came out of your youth teams and became a regular in your first squad?

Terry, if I'm right. Well, he'll soon be 34 years old.

He has yet to get his first real chance in the senior squad.

Exactly, you're saying it yourself... So how has he failed when he hasn't even been given a chance?

Failure is someone like Torres.

Exactly, you're saying it yourself... So how has he failed when he hasn't even been given a chance?

Failure is someone like Torres.

Now you're just talking about semantics. :)

My point is that he wouldn't have lost that year, had he signed for a slightly smaller team. Of course, you can't know that beforehand, I thought he would work himself in the team during his first year too. But as I said, maybe the next generation will take that extra step before they go from a Belgian or Dutch top team to the top of the Premier League.

Now you're just talking about semantics. :)

My point is that he wouldn't have lost that year, had he signed for a slightly smaller team. Of course, you can't know that beforehand, I thought he would work himself in the team during his first year too. But as I said, maybe the next generation will take that extra step before they go from a Belgian or Dutch top team to the top of the Premier League.

u actually thought might work himself in the team despite having options like DD, anelka, sturridge, torres? those were some high hopes dude.

Drogba was better but ready to leave, Anelka wasn't used as a striker anymore (if I'm remembering it right), Torres sucked harder than he did now and I actually thought he would make a good strike force with Sturridge. :P

I had hopes for him becoming a replacement for Drogba. Ideally he probably should have taken an extra step and signed for one of the more average teams in England, like Benteke did. But hey, Chelsea is his favorite team, he just wanted to play here. :)

I know it's the Hazard thread but because he is in discussion here im going to give my 2 penny's worth.

This is Lukaku ready or not is a bit off a grey area, is he ready to be a member of the squad and play a fair amount of minutes but get gradually eased into the club? absolutely. Whether Lukaku is ready for Chelsea is not the debate because he is, where the 'is he ready' debate comes in is about being the number 1 forward playing every match and holding the club's expectations on his shoulders? Is he ready for all that (yet)? Im not so sure.

He wanted to go to a club who will give him the number one role in a WC year, although in hindsight looking at Benteke's form he could have played for us and still made it as #1 for Belgium in Brazil.

Ah, as far as Thorgan goes: Belgian press are reporting Anderlecht and Chelsea have reached an agreement for a half year loan. Zulte on the other hand says all of this is bullshit. Hazard himself says nothing at all... :)

its ok it will be on the club site next month